• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restoration Grade Abbreviations defined?

5 posts in this topic

I just received a book back from CGC that was graded "Apparent 8.0 Slight (A)." I went to the CGC Census page for this book (Avengers #1) -- and then to the restoration detail section for this title -- and came across a bunch of abbreviations, e.g., "Apparent," "Apparent EA," "Apparent EP," "Apparent MA," "Apparent MP," "Apparent SA," "Apparent SP," and "Apparent SS SA" -- but I could NOT find these abbreviations defined. Can someone point me in the right direction to learn the meaning of these abbreviations? I could not find any info about this on CGC's "glossary" page, which is where I would've expected to find my answers. Thanks! Best, David in San Diego.

• Administrator

EA = Extensive Amateur

EP = Extensive Professional

MA = Moderate Amateur

MP = Moderate Professional

SA = Slight Amateur

SP = Slight Professional

SS SA = Signature Series Slight Amateur

I think the easiset way to figure this out is:

Column A

Degree of Restoration

E=Extensive

M=Moderate

S=Slight

Colum B

Type of Restoration

A=Amateur

P=Professional

So, just like in a Chinese restraunt, you can pick one from Column A and one from Column B. That would cover everything as far as I can see.

If it is a Signature Series (SS) the same holds true. One from Column A and one from Column B.

I do not believe I have ever seen a Qualified Resotred book but my assumption is, if such a thing existed, it would be Q (for Qualified) then, one from Column A and one from Column B.