• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Verifying Cert Number

12 posts in this topic

I don't see "grading & submission".

I see 5 tabs, with two being "Comic Grading" and "Submission Center". When I click on those, they are just marketing and sales info.

If anyone can copy and paste the 'DIRECT LINK' with where to look (top left, top right, top center, etc...) and help this blind man out, that would be great

I think I figured it out. It appears that I only have a "Free Membership" which gives me access to the articles. I have to be an "Associate Member" ($39/a year) to verify a certified book.

This is absurb if that is the case. Can anyone verify if that is indeed the case ?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/ProtectedAsset.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fcomics%2flookupcert%2fIndex.aspx

Thanks ArAich.

I guest I will sign up for it.

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that you have to PAY to get access to verify a cerified CGC product ?

The other leading third-party certification companies in their respective fields provides this as a FREE service for the public who might not be aware of their certified collectibles but would potentially like to buy that company's certified products and indeed is one that was certified and authenticated by that company.

PSA - the leading third party authenticator for sports cards

PCGS - the leading third party authenticator for coins

PSE - the leading third party authenticator for stamp collecting

You can simply just go to those company's webstes, enter the number of a certified slabbed baseball card, certified slabbed coin or a slabbed stamp and verify that it is indeed a PSA authenticated card, a PCGS certified coin or a PSE certified stamp.

PSA, PCGS and PSE provides this as a public service. They WANT the public to have confidence that a product is indeed GENUINE and one certified as such by that company.

i.e. ...They WANT people to buy their certified products !!!

I'm just shock that in the comics field, the leading third-party authenticator, CGC would not do provide this public service for their certified slabbed comics.

Other than $$$, I don't see any logic behind not offering it.

Anyone else feels the same ?

I did not realize it was not available. That is information that should be available to anyone. It adds value to collectors who have paid for the service for others to verify that indeed the book is what they say it is.

I understanding not wanting to provide grading notes to everyone who feels like picking up a phone, but I can't image that people simply verifying a number via computer would use up a significant amount of bandwidth or slow traffic on the site.

Pokerkid .... you make a GREAT point here:

"...... It adds value to collectors who have paid for the service..."

Potential card collectors, coin collectors and stamp collectors have access to those respective third-party authentication companies (PSA, PCGS, PSE).

Why not prospective collectors of graded comics for the comic hobby ?

Totally Ridiculous as to why that info is not available publicly.

You figure that this is a Collectors Society sponsored board, you think CGC would read this thread ?

If enough board members would contribute their 'two cents' on this matter and continue this thread, maybe it would catch the ears of one of the 'suits' at GCC ?