• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2018 at 10:21 PM, SpideyFein said:

For all of you turtle lovers, if you haven't read Mr. Saki's quest and acquisition of his grail, please do. Go onto his comicart gallery site. A big congrats again. That piece is MONSTROUS!

It's always a pleasure browsing your pieces. It's what turtle dreams are made of!!!

@TMNT, where can I find this so I can read about it?  I tried the link in your profile but it doesn't work.  Would love to check it out.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:11 PM, gran0297 said:

For those of you who have resubmitted a graded copy of turtles 1 after pressing, or for anyone else for that matter, what are your opinions of these grader notes on this 9.2 copy?

"Left Center Back Cover Small Multiple Finger Bends, Spine Small Stress Lines".  Seems to be some potential room for upgrade but it also seems the finger bends are becoming more common in grader notes and who knows if a single press will remove them.  Just interested in everyones thoughts.  Thank you.

finger bends can likely be flattened out with a press.  with the cover being black i would watch the spine stress lines.  a press could really make those pop and any gain you have by removing the finger bends would be washed by increased spine stress.  do you have a scan?

3 minutes ago, rainmaker said:

finger bends can likely be flattened out with a press.  with the cover being black i would watch the spine stress lines.  a press could really make those pop and any gain you have by removing the finger bends would be washed by increased spine stress.  do you have a scan?

On 8/13/2018 at 11:40 PM, oakman29 said:

Maybe if you had a photo or two of the book in question? (shrug)

Thanks for the responses.  I will get a scan up here soon.  The book is put away so I will have to do just a little digging.   

11 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:

@TMNT, where can I find this so I can read about it?  I tried the link in your profile but it doesn't work.  Would love to check it out.

Hey Rich, here it is. Check out all of the pieces and bios on the them- just fantastic! 

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=24285

22 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:

These TMNT #1 reprints definitely aren't as valuable as they are selling for on eBay.  They are included with every copy of the TMNT The Ultimate Visual History book published in 2014.  However, there is also a new printing of that book from this year (2018) and it has a matte-cover version of the TMNT #1 reprint (vs. the glossy cover version in the 2014 version).  More about that here if interested.  Regardless of which book you buy, you can get still get these books for under $50 many places and it comes with the comic book.  Prices for the TMNT #1 reprint comic book on eBay are just a combination of a seller who isn't accurately describing what he's selling (purposeful or not) and buyers who aren't aware of what this actually is.  I've had multiple people contact me about this "new" variant and have had to explain to them what the book actually is.  Unfortunately, some of them asked me too late and they had already purchased it from eBay.  :(

Thanks for the info! 

Looks like I'm on the hunt again for another homage/reprint.  There are SO MANY!

7 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Hey Rich, here it is. Check out all of the pieces and bios on the them- just fantastic! 

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=24285

Thanks!  Looking forward to checking it out...I'm pretty sure I've seen and read about many of these before but I didn't want to miss out on this story. :)

46 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Thanks for the info! 

Looks like I'm on the hunt again for another homage/reprint.  There are SO MANY!

Gladly!

2 hours ago, s14roller said:

I'd probably leave it as is...beautiful book.

Thank you.  Yeah I am not planning to have it pressed anytime soon, if ever.  I was more curious about the grader notes in general not just how they pertain to my book.  My friend has a 6.0 with very similar notes, and I have seen a couple on eBay with them as well.