• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, john fucsalot said:

3rd times a charm....after losing 2 auctions earlier this year i finally got this book in a grade and  price im comfortable with... pretty happy to own this epic comic.. so excited i don't even have it in hand yet lol but i needed to tell some people that care

lf.jpg

Congrats!! what a key!!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, GM8 said:

Just saw this, above $10K there is no commission on resale through HA.  That's a nice perk since they really stick it to you on the first sale.

• Comics: 50% reduction in seller's commission for all items between $1K & $10K, and no seller's commission for items $10K and over.

Also, the 9.6 on HA is up to $9K with buyers premium.

Allow me to be the first to say ouch...the consignor is taking a bit of a bath on this one.  There were a couple potential, issues with this one that may have kept the price down a bit but I'm still pretty shocked to see it go as low as it did.

1. If you look at the pictures of the book from its auction a year ago the case has a lot of new scuffs on it...they should have reholdered it.  Especially that lower left corner, its impossible to tell from the scan if that's damage too the book, or the holder.  I'm guessing the holder, but I'm not guessing on a 10k+ book...I'm waiting on the next one.

2. Off white/white pages  vs white.

3. Maybe signed/sketched on copies aren't as popular as some would like to think.  I know I don't want it on any book over a 6.0.

4. Taxes could be keeping the bids down a tad.

I still think this book has a ton of room for growth, and someone got a bargain today.  If they ever make a good TMNT movie or TV show, the sky's the limit.

Agree with most everything you said... so after BP this was around $17k, right?

Not sure where the previous sale of this book happened a year ago, but hopefully it was somewhere w/o a BP. I'm sure the seller was hoping for more than a $60 gain, but at least they got their $$ back...

11 hours ago, szav said:

Allow me to be the first to say ouch...the consignor is taking a bit of a bath on this one.  There were a couple potential, issues with this one that may have kept the price down a bit but I'm still pretty shocked to see it go as low as it did.

1. If you look at the pictures of the book from its auction a year ago the case has a lot of new scuffs on it...they should have reholdered it.  Especially that lower left corner, its impossible to tell from the scan if that's damage too the book, or the holder.  I'm guessing the holder, but I'm not guessing on a 10k+ book...I'm waiting on the next one.

2. Off white/white pages  vs white.

3. Maybe signed/sketched on copies aren't as popular as some would like to think.  I know I don't want it on any book over a 6.0.

4. Taxes could be keeping the bids down a tad.

I still think this book has a ton of room for growth, and someone got a bargain today.  If they ever make a good TMNT movie or TV show, the sky's the limit.

This was a dip in the price of 9.6's that is certain. Ironically, the same book sold exactly 1 year ago for just under this price ($14,340).

I didn't see the scratches in the case but everyone wants new and shiny so that could factor in. OW/W may be a slight factor but not much more than the case in my opinion. The signatures don't really have much positive influence either by my observations. 

9 hours ago, Schmakt said:

Agree with most everything you said... so after BP this was around $17k, right?

With BP it was 14.4k.  So depending on the arranged cut that HA took, the consignor lost anywhere from 1.5-3k or so.

Sooo, I sold my 9.2 many moons ago to fund original art. But now I'm thinking about picking up this book again. My, how the prices have gone up since I was last collecting books! :cry: Anyways, I'm thinking I'll be content with a lower/mid grade as I'm still plowing all spare nickels into art. Speaking of art, it'd be awesome to trade some art towards one...hm

Wish me luck!

Edited by TMNT

Is a Third Print TMNT #1 still a decent book to obtain?  I think a 2nd print is a bit out of my range but as long as it'll hold it's value I'm thinking a 3rd print isn't too bad.  Yes, it was printed after TMNT #2 so in my head it's not the first appearance but it has the original cover and the like.  Just have to convince myself that it's still a good book to own.

6 hours ago, Brewcrewfan77 said:

Is a Third Print TMNT #1 still a decent book to obtain?  I think a 2nd print is a bit out of my range but as long as it'll hold it's value I'm thinking a 3rd print isn't too bad.  Yes, it was printed after TMNT #2 so in my head it's not the first appearance but it has the original cover and the like.  Just have to convince myself that it's still a good book to own.

Absolutely. The third printing is still made with the same crappy materials that were used on the first and second printings. But for the "tells" it's as good as the real thing. Consequently, it will still cost you some buckos in grade. :grin:

3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Wanted to share my acquisition of the last printing needed for my 9.8 #1 run🤗

They aren’t coming up often and I believe will only keep climbing in price when they sporadically do. So grateful to have struck a deal with the co-signer & seller to finally own one. Got it off eBay a few weeks ago. 

59F23B11-0394-4C36-B8F7-BDDF8E4E2C0D.thumb.jpeg.ffce79f46105a7f3aaaca961ded8ce3a.jpeg

That's a beauty. Does this lead me to believe there is a 1st print 9.8?

If so.....(worship)

Another 9.6 sale to report, signed by E&L interior cover. This time on ebay for $20,000 (seller confirmed). But this is a step up from the previous sale of $14,400 on Heritage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-TMNT-1-1st-Printing-CGC-9-6-Mirage-1984/202612370882?hash=item2f2ca36dc2:g:~V4AAOSwwmBcee1j

Interestingly, the same seller sold another 9.6 (unsigned) last October for about the same price. Must be nice to have multiples of this big daddy laying around!

Edited by GM8
seller sold, not 'buyer' ...oops

19 hours ago, GM8 said:

Another 9.6 sale to report, signed by E&L interior cover. This time on ebay for $20,000 (seller confirmed). But this is a step up from the previous sale of $14,400 on Heritage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-TMNT-1-1st-Printing-CGC-9-6-Mirage-1984/202612370882?hash=item2f2ca36dc2:g:~V4AAOSwwmBcee1j

Interestingly, the same buyer sold another 9.6 (unsigned) last October for about the same price. Must be nice to have multiples of this big daddy laying around!

The $14,400 on Heritage may be cursed. lol

Most recent 9.6 sales (GPA):

$20,000 on March 27, 2019

$14,400 on Feb 23, 2019**

$20,000 on Oct 5, 2018

$19,200 on Aug 2, 2018

$14,340 on Feb 22, 2018**

$26,290 on Nov 17, 2017

** this is the same book, same CGC serial number

On 4/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, valiantman said:

The $14,400 on Heritage may be cursed. lol

Most recent 9.6 sales (GPA):

$20,000 on March 27, 2019

$14,400 on Feb 23, 2019**

$20,000 on Oct 5, 2018

$19,200 on Aug 2, 2018

$14,340 on Feb 22, 2018**

$26,290 on Nov 17, 2017

** this is the same book, same CGC serial number

Might be Heritage is not the place to sell this book. TMNT is a book for the common man! xD