• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

some board members over the Golden age section were mentioning some funny business with the 9.8?  Market manipulation?  maybe get a couple friends to drive up the price?  A bit costly if you ask me.  Especially if heritage charges all those fees(buyer, seller premiums).  

Book like this HA is only taking 10 to 15%.  Winning your own book costs you 10kish, or zero dollars if it’s HA winning the book.

If you’ve stockpiled over the years you could easily make that money back by starting up a frenzy.  There’s not that many of these books out there, if you had a couple mil to play around this you could easily try to pull it off.

15 minutes ago, szav said:

Book like this HA is only taking 10 to 15%.  Winning your own book costs you 10kish, or zero dollars if it’s HA winning the book.

If you’ve stockpiled over the years you could easily make that money back by starting up a frenzy.  There’s not that many of these books out there, if you had a couple mil to play around this you could easily try to pull it off.

hm there's a 9.8 going to auction in November at heritage

4 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

9.4 $10,200 incl BP

Same exact price the previous 9.4 sold for on HA also back on 5/16/19. Previous to that, one sold on 2/6/19 for $12.5K, then back on 5/27/18 one sold on ebay for $11K. 

And I know we're living in crazy times, but there is no conspiracy going on with 9.8's. :roflmao:If someone had enough money to stockpile high grade TMNT #1's and "manipulate" the market for, what, ten thousand dollars if they're lucky after commissions and taxes? That's a lunatic and the market will take that person's $ soon enough.

Edited by GM8

On 8/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, chrisco37 said:

Wish I had a 9.8.  90k is insane.

Yes, and Overstreet will summarize this price trend for TMNT #1 1st print nm jumping up an aggressive 10% :flipbait: in next Overstreet Price Guide Aug, 2020. Slow and steady; no need to reflect reality of current completed sales or auctions.

Ok, what are the guesses, with BP for the November book? 

That sale really fubar the range the next book could go for! 

I’m going to say now (if another pops up between now and than, game off) $69,000 BP included. I could be $20K+ off either direction😂 - Still fun to hear conjectures from the various TMNT fans=>aficionados here in Copper  

(I’m feeling another 9.8 will rear its purdy shell again somewhere, prior to the November copy’s sale)

Edited by Icculus308win
Fat thumbs and an iPhone 👍

^ I dunno if you thought I was joking, but I'm not.    I'd say somebody paying 90k feels strongly enough that the market is underpricing it that they are going into this planning to not let any soft data points happen.   They see the census and the November listing just as well as you and I do!

No I totally hear you, I’m laughing cause the sale of this book (the Turtlemania sale was possibly the precursor of what is to come) has brought forth so quickly in two months such craziness to the TMNT world and TMNT marketplace. I’m just floored and curious/anxious to see how this trend keeps playing out and love to know the origin of the trend

Edited by Icculus308win

hello TurtleFolk...

I have a 7.5 currently listed on Ebay for $6660.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-1984-Mirage-First-Print-CGC-7-5-/173975813600

Another 7.5 sold at $6995 Fixed Price two days ago, and an 8.5 sold today at a Fixed $8299.  a 6.0 just went live at 6k.

The only reason I did not raise my price yet is I was holding onto the idea that if I was gonna endure the bittersweet experience of selling this book at all, I was gonna spike the taste with The Most Metal Price Ever.

I will be raising my price if it doesn't sell by tomorrow.  if anyone is interested, plz chk it out and/or message me.

20190717_102647_Film3-1.jpg

hey guys...

apologies for me bein dumb on the rules of no sellin stuff here.

in any event...

I must say it's quite crazy and amazing to get to see this boom over a sizable percentage of the area of comics I was fixated upon as a teenager, right when I am finally ready to sell it all.

there were many who thought bein all into the Turtles and independents was dumb.  they wouldn't amount to much.  flash in the pan... ha.  yeah.

with all this focus now erupting further with the Turtles and #1 being such a grail key, I wonder if the other early independents will come into more focus...

it's hard to let go of my comics.  but, hey, I'm 45 years old.  perfect time to cash in my nest egg and just keep a modest collection for aesthetic reasons.

always remember, oh fellow collectors...

You Can't Take It With You

...unless of course we all have the option of a Egyptian pharaoh kinda afterlife and can stare and drool at our full runs, 9.8s, and keys through Eternity haha

14 minutes ago, arinya said:

I never in a million years thought I would ever own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 but I came across this 2nd print so cheap I could not pass it up! Still can't believe i have it!!!! Can I be part of the club?

IMG_8102.thumb.JPG.c4e3724e493b3d7fe7a636605006f30e.JPG

That is a 3rd print. :foryou:

(How do I know? Because there is extra blood in the middle "T" of "TURTLES".)  :foryou: :foryou:

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

That is a 3rd print. :foryou:

(How do I know? Because there is extra blood in the middle "T" of "TURTLES".)  :foryou: :foryou:

Are you serious???????

giphy-1.gif.582ebe8242e6fa8cc5fd7ebc63babbb6.gif

Now I have to check when I get home...but Go Collect shows bloody cover as 2nd print.

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/934339

Okay I reread your post....wow. You are correct! I'm so pissed!

Edited by arinya
UPDATE

1 hour ago, arinya said:

Are you serious???????

giphy-1.gif.582ebe8242e6fa8cc5fd7ebc63babbb6.gif

Now I have to check when I get home...but Go Collect shows bloody cover as 2nd print.

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/934339

Okay I reread your post....wow. You are correct! I'm so pissed!

Sorry to have to spoil it, but at least you didn't pay 1st printing price for it.