• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

The next auction (Heritage?) in November should give us a more realistic view as to what this book will sell for on the open market. Personally I think it will sell for less than $90k...somewhere in the high 60’s to low 70’s...

14 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

The next auction (Heritage?) in November should give us a more realistic view as to what this book will sell for on the open market. Personally I think it will sell for less than $90k...somewhere in the high 60’s to low 70’s...

A sale is a sale, and price is what people pay, so to speak. While November will provide more clarity of price it will be no more valid than the $90K sale.

I would guess the Nov book falls short of 90K since there are 2 now for sale at the 100K mark and that feels like a top at least in the near term. But it will be Christmas season and things always get a little nutty around then for gift giving so it could be close. I'd guess 70's to 80's.

Edited by GM8

Just now, oakman29 said:

The scuffs look like finger prints. 

That's what I thought at first. They are on the bag as well in the same spots. I contacted CGC about it. I assume they will reholder for free. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

That's what I thought at first. They are on the bag as well in the same spots. I contacted CGC about it. I assume they will reholder for free. 

I'm not too bad with certain scratches on the slab, but that detracts from the book.

I would reholder.

Edited by oakman29
Wish my 8.0 looked as nice as your book though.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, pubmonkey said:

I’m also thinking along those lines, $60K-$70k. Happy to see in mid $70s thought👍

On 9/12/2019 at 9:32 PM, Wolverinex said:

have second prints been going up higher recently?  might pick one up soon.

They have definitely gone up. I put one up for BIN a little while ago with a fantasy asking price and it sold right away. That was a while back and they continue to sell like crazy.

51 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow, I wonder what’s driving this demand.

Massive, sudden escalation on first prints prices people out so they turn to next best thing. I think second prints are still well underpriced compared to where they will be in a year or two. 

all tmnt comics will continue to rise in value... especially the the 1st series

you dont even have to read comics to know who the tmnt are... movies, cartoons, video games, toys and tons of other merch'' lol hell even food

generation after generation are growing up with the turtles all over the globe

tmnt born 1984 and still going strong

So the 9.8 that sold at auction on HA appears to not be in their buy it now section any longer. However if you view the auction itself it shows the previously shown message "owner is actively entertaining offers.." with the previous $117k starting price. To any HA experts, what does this indicate? 

There isn’t much to parse from that information.     If you have your settings turned on to ‘considering offers’ (which is the default btw, you have to opt out) then it will show the items you win as ‘entertaining offers’  at a minimum of 30% above what you paid.    Is this case 130% of 90k is 117k

Edited by Bronty

The "other" 9.8 is at auction on Heritage and it's at $25,200 for now (including buyer's premium). In case you've been living underground in the sewers (:bigsmile:) you'll recall that the previous 9.8 sold this summer for a whopping $90,000 also on Heritage. We'll see where this 9.8 ends up but I believe the sale prices will mimic the turtlemania golds of recent yore.  On ebay right now #6/10 is at $41K with 1 day remaining. This past summer #7/10 sold for $58K. I think collectors final bids will be similar in these books and the 9.8's hammer price on Heritage will behave in a similar fashion.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7212-91102.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

Edited by GM8
price rise

11 hours ago, GM8 said:

The "other" 9.8 is at auction on Heritage and it's at $25,200 for now (including buyer's premium). In case you've been living underground in the sewers (:bigsmile:) you'll recall that the previous 9.8 sold this summer for a whopping $90,000 also on Heritage. We'll see where this 9.8 ends up but I believe the sale prices will mimic the turtlemania golds of recent yore.  On ebay right now #6/10 is at $41K with 1 day remaining. This past summer #7/10 sold for $58K. I think collectors final bids will be similar in these books and the 9.8's hammer price on Heritage will behave in a similar fashion.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7212-91102.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

They ended the auction on that turtlemania gold....

Weird.

-J.