• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

They ended the auction on that turtlemania gold....

Weird.

-J.

That is strange. The seller must have gotten an offer off ebay and just sold it directly to avoid fees. It happens all the time.

The 9.8 is up to $31,200 as I write this.

Someone sent this to me, it's a way to view past offers on already-sold items at Heritage. There have been 3 offers recently around the time of and since the 90K sale, 48k, 48k and 67.5k. I'd adjust my guess for the one at auction now as somewhere between 68k and 90k.

tmntoffers.jpg

Edited by GM8

On 11/3/2019 at 6:25 AM, GM8 said:

On 11/2/2019 at 8:31 PM, Jaydogrules said:

They ended the auction on that turtlemania gold....

Weird.

-J.

That is strange. The seller must have gotten an offer off ebay and just sold it directly to avoid fees. It happens all the time

DOrsnt eBay cap selling fees at $250 or something? 

On 11/2/2019 at 9:40 AM, GM8 said:

The "other" 9.8 is at auction on Heritage and it's at $25,200 for now (including buyer's premium). In case you've been living underground in the sewers (:bigsmile:) you'll recall that the previous 9.8 sold this summer for a whopping $90,000 also on Heritage. We'll see where this 9.8 ends up but I believe the sale prices will mimic the turtlemania golds of recent yore.  On ebay right now #6/10 is at $41K with 1 day remaining. This past summer #7/10 sold for $58K. I think collectors final bids will be similar in these books and the 9.8's hammer price on Heritage will behave in a similar fashion.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7212-91102.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

A quick update, the 9.8 above on Heritage is now at $34,800 total with just a few bids in the last week or so. Auction has 4 days remaining.

Of note, the 9.8 that was on ebay for $100K BIN has been pulled. Also, the Turtlemania Gold on ebay that was listed a second time has also been pulled before a sale - at least that we know of.

Less than 24 hours in the auction of the 9.8 on Heritage and there's been more activity. It's over $50K as of now. Last one sold for $90K over the summer. After the proxy bidding ends there's an additional live auction segment that runs from the 21st through the 24th. So we're not there yet but by Sunday we'll have more price clarity on 9.8's - and someone will have themselves a pretty sweet comic.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/alternative-underground/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7212-91102.s

And then just when you thought it was down to this one, another one pops up. This is a new listing and hasn't been offered for sale yet by my data and the seller also seems to state that in the listing. Only $91K and it's yours (there's best offer too).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-CGC-9-8-Mirage-1984-1st-Print-TMNT-2081174001/202825006465?hash=item2f394ffd81:g:3scAAOSwYoZd0eIk

Edited by GM8
new listing

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

This one is the same book from dotcomcomics that was on ebay for $100K. Bid up to 37K now.

Meanwhile the ebay listing just changed its price twice from 91K to 89.5K now to $79.9K.

The Heritage auction closed earlier than listed for $52,800, quite a bit lower than expected. Although with 2 others available right now, the water is very muddy, so to speak.

Edited by GM8

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

Doesn’t the Heritage auction finish on nov 24? I find their auctions a little confusing...

That's what I thought too but this one says "sold for...".   Then down below it says the 21st-24th auction dates. So I'm lost too.

16 hours ago, GM8 said:
17 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

Doesn’t the Heritage auction finish on nov 24? I find their auctions a little confusing...

That's what I thought too but this one says "sold for...".   Then down below it says the 21st-24th auction dates. So I'm lost too.

Well, it's all rather quite simple if you take a look at one of their auction catalogues.  :gossip:

Like all of the other previous Heritage Auctions in the past, they are broken up in various sessions which are spread over a multi-day time period.  The big Platinum session and higher dollar value comic book sessions goes on the first day (i.e. Thursday) and this one here already accounted for something like well over $7M in sales by the end of the first day.  The auction wraps up with Session 7 on Sunday which I imagine must be the one for the online only (i.e. no live Floor auction) auction for the video games.

Looks like the CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1 must have been considered to be a primo book since it was included as part of the Platinum Session and sold for a relatively high $52,800.  O.o