• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

I still can’t believe the 9.6 (white pages & old label goodness) Curator Daredevil #1 sold for $48,500 and another TMNT #1 9.8 sold for above $50,000

Is this a "compare and contrast" comment?  There are already more CGC graded copies of Daredevil #1 from 55 years ago than the total number of TMNT #1 printed 35 years ago.  In the 1990s, it would have been unfathomable for TMNT #1 to sell for higher than Daredevil #1, since one was a Silver Age key and the other was a fairly recent silly parody.  At age 35, all comics that are key are serious keys even if their subjects are silly.  From age 35 to age 55 is not very far in the comic world... or the people world for that matter.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, Icculus308win said:

I still can’t believe the 9.6 (white pages & old label goodness) Curator Daredevil #1 sold for $48,500 and another TMNT #1 9.8 sold for above $50,000

I think the turtles are a way bigger deal (thinking past comics for a second) than Daredevil is.     

Inside of comics, you could argue Daredevil is bigger, but when you remove that limitation, TMNT has just caught way more of the public's imagination than DD has.  2c

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What's more expensive a 1st print 2.0 or a 2nd print 9.8?  And what would you want?  

TMNT #1 1st print is about $800 to $1,000 per point up to CGC 8.0, so a CGC 2.0 1st print would probably be $1,600 to $2,000.  The last two sales (two years apart) for a 2nd print 9.8 were $2,575 and $5,500, so the CGC 9.8 2nd print is more expensive.  Currently a CGC 2.0 TMNT #1 1st print and a CGC 9.4 TMNT #1 2nd print are probably equal value.  I think I'd rather have the CGC 2.0 1st print than a CGC 9.4 2nd print, but I don't know about a CGC 2.0 1st print or a CGC 9.8 2nd print. 

In the long run, it's hard to know if TMNT #1 2nd print will be prized that much, or if it will be more like CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #1 Golden Record Reprint, which isn't worth more than Amazing Spider-Man #1 in CGC 2.0. hm

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

TMNT #1 1st print is about $800 to $1,000 per point up to CGC 8.0, so a CGC 2.0 1st print would probably be $1,600 to $2,000.  The last two sales (two years apart) for a 2nd print 9.8 were $2,575 and $5,500, so the CGC 9.8 2nd print is more expensive.  Currently a CGC 2.0 TMNT #1 1st print and a CGC 9.4 TMNT #1 2nd print are probably equal value.  I think I'd rather have the CGC 2.0 1st print than a CGC 9.4 2nd print, but I don't know about a CGC 2.0 1st print or a CGC 9.8 2nd print. 

In the long run, it's hard to know if TMNT #1 2nd print will be prized that much, or if it will be more like CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #1 Golden Record Reprint, which isn't worth more than Amazing Spider-Man #1 in CGC 2.0. hm

That is very interesting because I would much rather have a first print then a second print regardless of grade.. because that would be  the  TMNT true first appearance...

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:
3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What's more expensive a 1st print 2.0 or a 2nd print 9.8?  And what would you want?  

First print. This time and every time.  

-J.

Except if you're checking sales records. lol

There are so few in really low grade that I think the price would surprise to the high end.   I’d say a 2 and a 3 have almost identical value. 

I haven’t checked gpa though. 

Edited by Bronty

On 12/20/2019 at 3:37 AM, Wolverinex said:

Makes me think that 2.0s are underpriced ?

On 12/21/2019 at 10:03 PM, Bronty said:

There are so few in really low grade that I think the price would surprise to the high end.   I’d say a 2 and a 3 have almost identical value. 

I think you've discovered the true rarities in grade for this particular book here.  hm

Who cares abut HG copies when there's well over 300 copies of this book in CGC 9.0 graded condition or higher, and yet only an impossible to find measly 3 copies in CGC 3.0 graded condition or lower.  :whatthe:  :takeit:

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Why were they so low?  Is that what the seller wanted?

They were sold directly from mycomicshop. I can only assume they were pricing errors and someone got very lucky.