• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

For those of us who didn’t see link prior, what did they, potentially, sell for?

An 8.5 and a 9.0, each for about $2000, both universal CGC slabs.

Edited by Ryan.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

An 8.5 and a 9.0, each for about $2000, both universal CGC slabs.

Yeah, I can't see how those would go through ultimately. It would require more than a couple people to be completely asleep at the wheel.

11 minutes ago, GM8 said:

Yeah, I can't see how those would go through ultimately. It would require more than a couple people to be completely asleep at the wheel.

I assume MCS caught the error and canceled the transaction(s). Buyer won't be happy. 

9 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

Yes, there was a pricing error due to a programming issue and we canceled the order. Buyer's a long time customer and I'm sure would like the books at those prices but was understanding.

Love MCS and the fact that when they are discussed on the boards they are quick to respond. A company or two that have recently revamped their websites could take a lesson. 

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Love MCS and the fact that when they are discussed on the boards they are quick to respond. A company or two that have recently revamped their websites could take a lesson. 

Honestly Conan's interactions on this forum set a standard of transparency and professionalism that you seldom see in any line of business, anywhere.  Let's face it, most comics dealers are mom and pop operations -- nothing wrong with that of course -- but to operate at the scale of MCS, and still put forward such a personal touch that shows so much respect for the individual customer and the community as a whole, is truly impressive.

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Honestly Conan's interactions on this forum set a standard of transparency and professionalism that you seldom see in any line of business, anywhere.  Let's face it, most comics dealers are mom and pop operations -- nothing wrong with that of course -- but to operate at the scale of MCS, and still put forward such a personal touch that shows so much respect for the individual customer and the community as a whole, is truly impressive.

Agreed @mycomicshop  Thank you for being so honest about everything.  I haven't bought anything from your website before, but I will now.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:43 PM, mycomicshop said:

Yes, there was a pricing error due to a programming issue and we canceled the order. Buyer's a long time customer and I'm sure would like the books at those prices but was understanding.

Thanks for the response, and the transparency. 

3 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Just waiting for the money to role in lollll. But seriously I have other books I need first.

Dude, go for big keys first before they keep running out of your price range... then fill out with the minor keys... If I had picked up the major keys I wanted when I first started collecting, I would have saved a lot of money.  

Another high grade 9.6 TMNT #1 coming up at auction at Heritage. This one last sold around 7/2016 for $12,500 according to GPA. It has OW/W pages, not that that matters all that much with this book apparently. But we will see.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7224-20005.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by GM8
link repaste

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

Another high grade 9.6 TMNT #1 coming up at auction at Heritage. This one last sold around 7/2016 for $12,500 according to GPA. It has OW/W pages, not that that matters all that much with this book apparently. But we will see.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7224-

Link is dead?

Thought I'd come here and see a discussion regarding the raw #1 that popped up on Pawn Stars last week...

Dude said he'd had it since he was a kid, and it had Eastman's sig on it. (Although, to me, the signature looked new)

Rick, of course, had Kevin himself come in and verify the printing and the signature...

And the guy he had grade it put it at 9.4... with a 9.6 possibility with a press.  No mention of the fact that the signature would have caused it to be GLOD, which was strange... but also probably doesn't really matter with this book.

Seller wanted $60k for it... so maybe he just wanted to be on tv and had no intention of actually selling it.

13 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

Thought I'd come here and see a discussion regarding the raw #1 that popped up on Pawn Stars last week...

Dude said he'd had it since he was a kid, and it had Eastman's sig on it. (Although, to me, the signature looked new)

Rick, of course, had Kevin himself come in and verify the printing and the signature...

And the guy he had grade it put it at 9.4... with a 9.6 possibility with a press.  No mention of the fact that the signature would have caused it to be GLOD, which was strange... but also probably doesn't really matter with this book.

Seller wanted $60k for it... so maybe he just wanted to be on tv and had no intention of actually selling it.