• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, GM8 said:

BAM! and there we go! 100k next

On 6/10/2020 at 7:51 AM, GM8 said:

Wow! That’s amazing! 

I’m looking forward to seeing the results of the CLink auction :popcorn:

where are all the 2nd prints?

Edited by pubmonkey

On 6/10/2020 at 5:10 AM, Wolverinex said:
On 6/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, GM8 said:

BAM! and there we go! 100k next

Seems rather strange that this appears to be the same copy with the EXACT same front cover scan, lighting, and serial number that CC currrently has for sale with a BIN price of $85K:  :devil:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/873442

tee2.588.jpg

Of course, since the one on CC didn't come with a back cover scan (go figure that for a $85K book :facepalm:  :screwy:), their back cover scan looks exactly the same as the back cover of the TMNT #1 that sold on Heritage last year for $90K:  :devil:  :devil:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F1%2F0%2F5%2F1%2F21051709%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

BAM! BAM!! And there we go!!!  Maybe NOT $100K next?  lol

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Seems rather strange that this appears to be the same copy with the EXACT same front cover scan, lighting, and serial number that CC currrently has for sale with a BIN price of $85K:  :devil:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/873442

tee2.588.jpg

Of course, since the one on CC didn't come with a back cover scan (go figure that for a $85K book :facepalm:  :screwy:), their back cover scan looks exactly the same as the back cover of the TMNT #1 that sold on Heritage last year for $90K:  :devil:  :devil:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F1%2F0%2F5%2F1%2F21051709%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

BAM! BAM!! And there we go!!!  Maybe NOT $100K next?  lol

The ebay book that sold for $79K this past week is the same book listed on CC for $85K BIN. I just sent the seller a message to see what's the deal with that.

However, the book that sold for $90K on Heritage last summer is a different book / CGC # than this one. Completely different. Sorry to spoil your conspiracy.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:03 AM, pubmonkey said:

Wow! That’s amazing! 

I’m looking forward to seeing the results of the CLink auction :popcorn:

where are all the 2nd prints?

Second prints are the new black. I sold one recently for double what I thought I would get. Just amazing demand.

13 hours ago, GM8 said:

The ebay book that sold for $79K this past week is the same book listed on CC for $85K BIN. I just sent the seller a message to see what's the deal with that.

However, the book that sold for $90K on Heritage last summer is a different book / CGC # than this one. Completely different. Sorry to spoil your conspiracy.

Perhaps CC just hasn't been notified to remove it from their site yet. (?) (shrug)

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:
16 hours ago, GM8 said:

Perhaps CC just hasn't been notified to remove it from their site yet. (?) (shrug)

-J.

Clearly aware that the front cover scan for the $79K eBay copy has the same front cover scan and serial number as the CC BIN copy for $85K.  (thumbsu

The part that I find rather confusing then and highly suspicious is the fact that the back cover scan for the $79K eBay copy appears to be the exact same back cover as the $90K HA copy, as clearly evident from matching tell tale minute details for both of the back cover scans.  :gossip:   

So, the only way this could happen from my own personal point of view is the seller taking a front cover scan from the CC copy and then taking a back cover scan from the HA copy to come up with the eBay copy for his so-called "completed" sale. (tsk)  The other possibility which I find highly doubtful is that the buyer of the $90K HA copy would decide to take a highly irrational and unconscionable risk by attempting an unsuccessful CPR on an already highest graded copy of a $90K book and then decide to cut their loss by listing it as a BIN on CC for $85K and finally on eBay for the completed sale at $79K.  hm  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Clearly aware that the front cover scan for the $79K eBay copy has the same front cover scan and serial number as the CC BIN copy for $85K.  (thumbsu

The part that I find rather confusing then and highly suspicious is the fact that the back cover scan for the $79K eBay copy appears to be the exact same back cover as the $90K HA copy, as clearly evident from matching tell tale minute details for both of the back cover scans.  :gossip:   

So, the only way this could happen from my own personal point of view is the seller taking a front cover scan from the CC copy and then taking a back cover scan from the HA copy to come up with the eBay copy for his so-called "completed" sale. (tsk)  The other possibility which I find highly doubtful is that the buyer of the $90K HA copy would decide to take a highly irrational and unconscionable risk by attempting an unsuccessful CPR on an already highest graded copy of a $90K book and then decide to cut their loss by listing it as a BIN on CC for $85K and finally on eBay for the completed sale at $79K.  hm  :screwy:

It's not entirely clear but a sale is a sale is a sale. Comic Connect, Comic Link and Heritage all will have legit sales so whatever happens with those then that's the price.

People spending $50K and up for a comic book aren't stupid, they're doing their DD.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, GM8 said:
On 6/12/2020 at 11:23 PM, lou_fine said:

It's not entirely clear but a sale is a sale is a sale.

Except when it's not, which is CLEARLY the case here when the eBay seller scammer simply stole scans of both the front cover and back cover from 2 different copies to come up with this listing and so-called "completed" sale on eBay.  :makepoint:

Comic Connect, Comic Link and Heritage all will have legit sales so whatever happens with those then that's the price.

Will definitely agree with you here in virtually all cases, but unfortunately eBay is a completely different animal and is home for all of the scammers and GPA manipulators.  :(

People spending $50K and up for a comic book aren't stupid, they're doing their DD.

They most definitely should be doing their due diligence, but unfortunately most of them simply rely on something like the GPA stats on the assumption that they are always correct.  Unfortunately, this is a classic example and the tell tale MO of GPA manipulation with respect to this fraudulent and non-sale of a TMNT #1 for $79,950 Monoploy dollars done for the sole purpose of manipulating the GPA stats to show a high value sale that never actually took place.  Certainly hope that @gpanalysis is on the ball and able to see through this whole scam here.  (tsk)  :wishluck:

On 5/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, pubmonkey said:
On 5/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, GM8 said:

This copy "sold" on Comiclink on 12/5/19 for $50K, so clearly that sale fell through.

I had the 11/21/19 sale at $52,800...was there another one I missed or are you thinking of this one?  link here: https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/alternative-underground/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7212-91102.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Yup that’s the one...:acclaim:

Well, there's always the possibility that it was actually a completed and "paid for" sale and the buyer is simply doing a quick flip on the book to either hopefully make some money on it or to recoup some of his money in light of this negative pandemic driven business environment?  hm  (shrug)

Then again, I don't seem to see this particular book listed as one of their November/December 2019 Fall Feature Auction highlights, so you are probably correct in saying that this particular sale might have actually fallen through and is really another non-sale.  hm  :(

Does anybody here still have a link for that TMNT 1 listing in the CL November/December 2019 Fall Feature Auction and can post it here for us. :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Except when it's not, which is CLEARLY the case here when the eBay seller scammer simply stole scans of both the front cover and back cover from 2 different copies to come up with this listing and so-called "completed" sale on eBay.  :makepoint:

Comic Connect got back to me on their BIN copy @ $85K, saying that it has been up since January and that it is from a long-time seller. So it appears you are correct that the ebay sale is a fake sale with pictures from 2 other books swiped to make it look authentic. 

There's really no reason for someone to do this unless they own the same book. Of the 2 copies out there, the CC copy and the CL copy, they don't appear to have any connecion to this "nekobooks" seller from ebay. We will see going forward.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Will definitely agree with you here in virtually all cases, but unfortunately eBay is a completely different animal and is home for all of the scammers and GPA manipulators.  :(

They most definitely should be doing their due diligence, but unfortunately most of them simply rely on something like the GPA stats on the assumption that they are always correct.  Unfortunately, this is a classic example and the tell tale MO of GPA manipulation with respect to this fraudulent and non-sale of a TMNT #1 for $79,950 Monoploy dollars done for the sole purpose of manipulating the GPA stats to show a high value sale that never actually took place.  Certainly hope that @gpanalysis is on the ball and able to see through this whole scam here.  (tsk)  :wishluck:

They should definitely remove the ebay sale from their records if they haven't already.

16 hours ago, GM8 said:

Comic Connect got back to me on their BIN copy @ $85K, saying that it has been up since January and that it is from a long-time seller. So it appears you are correct that the ebay sale is a fake sale with pictures from 2 other books swiped to make it look authentic. 

That's fantastic that you took the time and went through all of the trouble to contact CC on this book and then post your findings to keep all of us in the loop.  :applause:

16 hours ago, GM8 said:

There's really no reason for someone to do this unless they own the same book. Of the 2 copies out there, the CC copy and the CL copy, they don't appear to have any connecion to this "nekobooks" seller from ebay. We will see going forward.

Yes, I heard from a few boardies of good standing here through PM's that this is the classic MO for scammers to create fraudulent eBay transactions in order to manipulate GPA stats in hopes of showing an increasing trend in valuations of books which they own in their personal collection.  A so-called "completed" sale at this price point of almost $80K would definitely influence the trending valuation of this book in this grade since they simply don't come to market that often.  Since you think the CL sale back in December might possibly have fallen through, then this means the only 2 completed sales for TMNT 1 in CGC 9.8 both took place at Heritage, with the August 2019 copy going for $90K and the November 2019 copy going for $52,800.  Though dated and probably irrelevant at this time would be the 2 copies sold in 2018 through Heritage, with both going in the mid to high $30K price range.  From the CC archives, it would also appear that they sold a copy for $59K, although there is no actual date specified since it was not an auction format sale.  

As a result, it will definitely be interesting to see where this copy goes for and see if it is closer to the $90K range or back in the $50K+ range where the last Heritage copy was and also whenever the last CC copy sold.  I guess only time will tell as it has been sitting there at $42K with only a few more weeks to go.  hm  :taptaptap:

16 hours ago, GM8 said:

They should definitely remove the ebay sale from their records if they haven't already.

I went onto GoCollect and noticed that the sale has now been removed and I received a PM from a boardie saying that it has also been removed from the GPA records.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine