• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Had to pull my book out after the events of this week. It's slabbed but here's the inside front cover before slabbing:

1530492329_TMNT1(3).thumb.jpg.d1ccbc9a425f002f97fcdc326553ac4f.jpg

Those sketches look circa 1986... I much prefer the older way they used to draw head sketches, especially Eastman...

4 hours ago, ghn999 said:

It's still nice. That's one 9.8 comic alone trump mine!!

Ahem.........speaking from personal experience and also from many prior run ins with the Mods, there's no politics allowed on these boards here.Β Β :gossip:Β Β (tsk)Β Β lol

5 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

Full disclosure:

they are not all 1st prints...

in order they are 1st, 2nd, 3rd print... I just layered them to look the same for effect!

Β 

Β 

Drat, that's too bad as I was thinking that you might have already been well on your way to getting a big head start onΒ your retirement fund with just theseΒ 3 books here.Β Β :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

23 hours ago, Sonic77 said:

Crazy, saw a TMNT #1 2nd print CGC 6.0 go for just over $1k today.Β  I have no doubt the Seth Rogen announcement helped a lot with the prices going up and the major FOMO we're seeing.

Β 

Also since I'm pretty new here I'll introduce my qualifications for theΒ TMNT#1 Club:

TMNT #1 2nd print CGC 9.2 signed

TMNT #1 5th print CGC 7.0 signedΒ 

Where did the 6.0 sell for over $1K?

If you guys were me, i know i cant afford the 1st print so i plan to buy the 2nd print, is it better to grab a copy now even with the prices the way they are or do you think theyll settle back down months from now?Β  Im looking for 1 mid grade 2nd print for my personal collection to hand down to any future kids or my nephew, once he is old enough to get him into comics.

21 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

If you guys were me, i know i cant afford the 1st print so i plan to buy the 2nd print, is it better to grab a copy now even with the prices the way they are or do you think theyll settle back down months from now?Β  Im looking for 1 mid grade 2nd print for my personal collection to hand down to any future kids or my nephew, once he is old enough to get him into comics.

That’s a tough question. I know some people will tell you all these recentΒ sales are FOMO, andΒ the book will likely level offΒ at some point. Very possible that happens of course, it did eventually with AF15 after it went on a meteoric rise years ago.Β But is it a gamble worth taking knowing it may not and the book risesΒ more in the process πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ?Β I think the prudent thing to do is just jump on a copy, but that’s me and is what I did.Β I know others will disagree. Crazy that no more than a weekΒ ago an 8.5 2nd print sellsΒ for $1,675, and now a 6.0 sells for $1,035. Who knows where it keeps going.

48 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

That’s a tough question. I know some people will tell you all these recentΒ sales are FOMO, andΒ the book will likely level offΒ at some point. Very possible that happens of course, it did eventually with AF15 after it went on a meteoric rise years ago.Β But is it a gamble worth taking knowing it may not and the book risesΒ more in the process πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ?Β I think the prudent thing to do is just jump on a copy, but that’s me and is what I did.Β I know others will disagree. Crazy that no more than a weekΒ ago an 8.5 2nd print sellsΒ for $1,675, and now a 6.0 sells for $1,035. Who knows where it keeps going.

Valid points.Β  I did debate on just settling for the 3rd print, but it was printed way after tmnt #2 was on the shelves, so it doesnt truly feel like a 1st appearance.Β  Β I do have a 4th print in 9.8 condition i plan to pass down, but the 1st printing image is more iconic, and the better cover in my opinionΒ 

3 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Valid points.Β  I did debate on just settling for the 3rd print, but it was printed way after tmnt #2 was on the shelves, so it doesnt truly feel like a 1st appearance.Β  Β I do have a 4th print in 9.8 condition i plan to pass down, but the 1st printing image is more iconic, and the better cover in my opinionΒ 

Yeah I mean 3rd print isn’t a bad way to go. 1st print had a 3K run, 2nd print a 6K run and 3rd print a 35K run. So by no means a large amount at 35K, but significantly more common than 1st and 2nd. Even 3rd prints are going up now.

18 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I mean 3rd print isn’t a bad way to go. 1st print had a 3K run, 2nd print a 6K run and 3rd print a 35K run. So by no means a large amount at 35K, but significantly more common than 1st and 2nd. Even 3rd prints are going up now.

3rd prints is the way to go cause the 2nd prints are getting up there waaaay up there. Smart plan is grab the 3rd print cause it's still the first appearance of the TMNT #1 book no matter what..

15 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

3rd prints is the way to go cause the 2nd prints are getting up there waaaay up there. Smart plan is grab the 3rd print cause it's still the first appearance of the TMNT #1 book no matter what..

That’s why I jumped on the high grade 2nd print while I could 🀘