• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ghn999 said:

You guys think it going to died down? I'm hoping not

There is an ebb and flow to everything.  With that said you guys made good points earlier in this thread. There is only 3250 1st prints, 6K 2nd prints, the demand far outweighs the supply. The 1st and 2nd prints will continue to rise I'm sure of it. However I think the 3rd print run up is because there's not enough of the earlier prints, so get what you can get mentality.  Once the demand is met with the third prints they will level off. 

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

There is an ebb and flow to everything.  With that said you guys made good points earlier in this thread. There is only 3250 1st prints, 6K 2nd prints, the demand far outweighs the supply. The 1st and 2nd prints will continue to rise I'm sure of it. However I think the 3rd print run up is because there's not enough of the earlier prints, so get what you can get mentality.  Once the demand is met with the third prints they will level off. 

I'm trying to collect these prints but someone always bidding higher . lol.  I guess they want it that bad. 

2 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

This of course makes it even cooler! Are all of the pages upside down? I think you did the right move getting it signed. I love his quick head sketches. You of course are correct regarding how tough is sigs are getting. Thanks for sharing this beauty. 

I have a few Laird sigs, most I’ve gotten off these boards. and one that is cgc’ed. @Turtle was kind enough to sell me a Turtlemania 1 and get his sig at a signing. I coincidentally met him at a show where I cracked it and got Eastman too. I remember answering his call prior to teaching a yoga class, with all of my students around me. That was an important call lol @Ryan. sold me a nice double signed FCBD 1 which I eventually got Eastman on too. I have a couple more cool Laird pieces, but wish I would’ve gotten more when I had the chance.  

I’ve yet to meet Peter, and still have hope!! 

@SpideyFein The way the pages are arranged, it's actually best to think of this issue as simply having the cover attached upside down on the body pages.  Because when you open the front cover, the first page is Page 40 (the last page - presented upside down).  It's essentially a manufacturing error where the cover was attached upside down to the correctly-oriented body pages.  All 40 pages are present...just in the reverse order and every one of them upside down.  

Sadly, I'm not very optimistic that we'll ever see another public appearance of Peter. He's the last of the original four Mirage guys (Eastman, Laird, Lavigne, Lawson) that hasn't signed the TMNT #1 negatives.  I've been trying to work a private signing with Peter for over a year now and it's just not happening.  COVID hasn't helped but, even before that, I wasn't really getting any traction.  He seems to want nothing to do with Turtles anymore.  So, hold on to those books with Laird signatures.  I'm the same as you...wish I'd have picked up more Laird stuff when I had the chance.  Should have had way more stuff signed the few times I've met him personally.  But, the things he did sign are now that much more significant.  

12 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:

@SpideyFein The way the pages are arranged, it's actually best to think of this issue as simply having the cover attached upside down on the body pages.  Because when you open the front cover, the first page is Page 40 (the last page - presented upside down).  It's essentially a manufacturing error where the cover was attached upside down to the correctly-oriented body pages.  All 40 pages are present...just in the reverse order and every one of them upside down.  

Sadly, I'm not very optimistic that we'll ever see another public appearance of Peter. He's the last of the original four Mirage guys (Eastman, Laird, Lavigne, Lawson) that hasn't signed the TMNT #1 negatives.  I've been trying to work a private signing with Peter for over a year now and it's just not happening.  COVID hasn't helped but, even before that, I wasn't really getting any traction.  He seems to want nothing to do with Turtles anymore.  So, hold on to those books with Laird signatures.  I'm the same as you...wish I'd have picked up more Laird stuff when I had the chance.  Should have had way more stuff signed the few times I've met him personally.  But, the things he did sign are now that much more significant.  

Sadly I think you're right. Laird seems to have lost most of his interest. I met him way back in '93 with the other Mirage guys besides Eastman. Luckily I still have a few of the autographs from back then (Eastman added his signature to the third print in '14). Not authenticated, of course, but still glad to have them. 

Photo Aug 13, 12 30 41 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 13, 12 29 52 PM.jpg

44 minutes ago, spracknetch23 said:

Sadly I think you're right. Laird seems to have lost most of his interest. I met him way back in '93 with the other Mirage guys besides Eastman. Luckily I still have a few of the autographs from back then (Eastman added his signature to the third print in '14). Not authenticated, of course, but still glad to have them. 

Nice books!  Great to have Peter's signatures on anything anymore.  I've always liked how he (almost always) puts the year along with his signature. 

Could someone explain to me what this guy is selling? Is it essentially a modern reprint of the infamous gold edition version, and worth like $5-$10 lol. Or is it legitimately worth around what he's asking? https://www.ebay.com/itm/174191436059?ul_noapp=true

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 12.51.54 PM.png

Edited by LDarkseid1