• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

Just now, Kalel38 said:

And by the way yes.. Tmnt #1 first print is the Action comics or Af 15 of the copper era. You can dispute that til u see a sat night hooker in church on a Sunday morning 

I’m not putting the book down. It’s a great book but the price spike is not sustainable. That’s all I’m saying and it’s just an opinion.

1 minute ago, Charleybrown said:

I’m not putting the book down. It’s a great book but the price spike is not sustainable. That’s all I’m saying and it’s just an opinion.

It's a valid opinion 

I just missed a memo of anyone saying otherwise

The closest I've found is

1st print is sustainable but will level

2nd will level but not come dow to 2 month ago prices

3rd print non sustainable 

11 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

Supply and demand... when a book isn’t much in supply the demand is greater that’s the law of anything. If u have funds that allowed u to buy a book that’s very hard to obtain but so many want to possess its human nature to want something others desire but can’t due to the funds it takes to achieve it 

Edited by Kalel38

2 hours ago, Charleybrown said:

Thats all possible but what makes you think kids growing up today are going to be connected to a comic book that they never read and will want to spend a ton of money to get it? Thats the ten thousand dollar question. i think the answer is they wont. Im just a rich guy buying dumb mess. I dont think this is a good investment at this point. Anyone with brains is selling into this market.

I never read Action Comics 1.

I never read Tec 27.

I never read AF 15.

I never read X-Men 1.

I never read ToS 39.

I never read JiM 83.

Never read any of those books yet here we are thanks to media and pop culture. I don't see TMNT being any different than the aforementioned.

15 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

That's all I was saying earlier,  but people wanted to dance around the subject. I was at work and didn't feel the need to have tell sustainability of a comic book to adult collectors who should know better.

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a valid opinion 

I just missed a memo of anyone saying otherwise

The closest I've found is

1st print is sustainable but will level

2nd will level but not come dow to 2 month ago prices

3rd print non sustainable 

U mean 3rd print is also unsustainable. It will level out also eventually. Not yet as 2nd prints are going wild still.. 

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

That's all I was saying earlier,  but people wanted to dance around the subject. I was at work and didn't feel the need to have tell sustainability of a comic book to adult collectors who should know better.

They did know oak no one said otherwise but needed it said for posterity hahaha

You were the chosen one but alas priorities, you have chosen wisely

4 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

U mean 3rd print is also unsustainable. It will level out also eventually. Not yet as 2nd prints are going wild still.. 

You guys are looking at dollar signs while you're holding your books in hand, but the truth is a spike this fast always goes down. Maybe not back to previous prices, but they will always level off. Dont buy this book now! Let the novices pay these crazy prices, and grab the book when nobody's looking.

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

You guys are looking at dollar signs while you're holding your books in hand, but the truth is a spike this fast always goes down. Maybe not back to previous prices, but they will always level off. Dont buy this book now! Let the novices pay these crazy prices, and grab the book when nobody's looking.

All I can say is whoever payed 9,000 for a UF4 9.8 variant is one smart investor lmao 😂.. A fool and his money....

10 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

All I can say is whoever payed 9,000 for a UF4 9.8 variant is one smart investor lmao 😂.. A fool and his money....

That's right. I paid cover price for mine, and can think of many other things to put my money in.

2 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

And nobody is saying anything different. The fact is that TMNT, whether or not there is a series today, made the biggest impact on the comic industry than any other comic after and somewhat before. There is no other comic in the last 40 yrs that even comes close. That makes this one hot commodity and people see it as an investment which is normal. Nobody is suggesting to put all their money in this comic instead of AMD or Amazon or Pronhub, that would be naive investing. Diversification is king and adding this to one’s portfolio only adds another revenue stream when it’s time to sell. When I sell mine it will be to fund the addition of another hot tub on my future super yacht...

I’m not an investor and my bank does not give  a rats about what comics I have stashed away . 

4 hours ago, Charleybrown said:

All comic books are due for a correction. Not saying in the near term but definitely in the next 5-10yrs. Also, the stock market is on a tear thanks to endless money printing. We shut down the economy and there hasnt been any real pain felt in the streets. To say that theyll never come back down to today's prices..who is going to care about tmnt in 10-20 yrs? 

To be fair, I’ve heard the “comics are due for a price correct in x years” for soo many years now lol. Not saying you are wrong, it’s just I keep hearing it year after year after year, for roughly 10 years now. And nothing has changed. Seems to me that opinion has become many collectors/dealers self fulfilling prophecy that it simply needs to and will happen. I’m just not as sure.

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

To be fair, I’ve heard the “comics are due for a price correct in x years” for soo many years now lol. Not saying you are wrong, it’s just I keep hearing it year after year after year, for roughly 10 years now. And nothing has changed. Seems to me that opinion has become many collectors/dealers self fulfilling prophecy that it simply needs to and will happen. I’m just not as sure.

You have to ask the question...why has there been a price increase? The marvel cinematic universe. Will that continue to be the case? There needs to be another catalyst for tmnt and marvel for prices to keep going up. There is a long overdue correction needed but no one can time it perfectly. I was looking for another first print tmnt but I’ll wait for Better prices. If I’m wrong and still want it then it’ll be there For sale. For now I’ll enjoy my measly 7.0 lol

25 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

You have to ask the question...why has there been a price increase? The marvel cinematic universe. Will that continue to be the case? There needs to be another catalyst for tmnt and marvel for prices to keep going up. There is a long overdue correction needed but no one can time it perfectly. I was looking for another first print tmnt but I’ll wait for Better prices. If I’m wrong and still want it then it’ll be there For sale. For now I’ll enjoy my measly 7.0 lol

Yeah I mean comic book movies ain’t going anywhere lol. So we will be flush with Marvel and DC cinematic and tv universes for some time, keeping interest in the comics. As far as TMNT goes and once again, the Seth Rogen revamped animated series is around the corner. When stuff like that happens and if popular, tends to potentially lead to others things as well. Personally, I think a darker, R-rated TMNT movie would be awesome! Something more in line with the original concept/comics as it was more violent. But we’ll see lol

59 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I mean comic book movies ain’t going anywhere lol. So we will be flush with Marvel and DC cinematic and tv universes for some time, keeping interest in the comics. As far as TMNT goes and once again, the Seth Rogen revamped animated series is around the corner. When stuff like that happens and if popular, tends to potentially lead to others things as well. Personally, I think a darker, R-rated TMNT movie would be awesome! Something more in line with the original concept/comics as it was more violent. But we’ll see lol

Comic book movies does to a point drive some books up but not always the limiting factor.. Look at UF4 for example the movie Into the Spider-verse was a great Spider-Man movie very well portrayed characters as Miles to Spider-Gwen. Did that move drive up the prices yes and no but nothing like we have seen this spring.. In 2018 Dec the UF4 9.8 was hovering around 150-200.00 average. I bought a copy for 200.00 a Sig Series 9.8. Did the movie really push it into 400-450 no not even close back then. Then u get a video game announcement and the world goes crazy for Miles and UF4 first prints to the 1:25 variant.. Is this a artificially pumped up? Yes I'm my opionin. Is the book worth 1000 9.8 or 9,000 for a 9.8 variant absolutely not.. Same goes for TMNT books right now they are a different animal. These Turtles have been popular since the 80s I grew up with them in the 80s and seen first hand as a kid the frenzy the toys to the cartoons were doing to establish these Turtles as a solid creation that Kevin and Peter gave us. Prices are going up as did Hulk 181s to GSX-men 1 did and now it's Turtle time. There is no ceiling on a comic and what one is willing to pay. If u have the money and want to buy it the door is always open to what someone is willing to sell a copy for..Not just #1 issues that are going higher it's the 2nd to 3rd/4rth and Raphael #1 that has all shot up recently..and will continue to do so. For how long who knows just enjoy the ride Cowabunga