• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

I will say the Turtlemania books of the Silver and Gold type are a unique market, I guess is the best way to put it. The sales/private sales through the years and especially as of past two has been peculiar to me. BUT I’m not in that niche market, it is foreign to me, so maybe that is why. I’m not in that niche or circle

Edited by Icculus308win

1 hour ago, Icculus308win said:

Since 08 I’ve never seen so many Debbie Downers, Negative Nellys or just haters like as of late in a #1 book thread all at once, all of a sudden. At least never in any GA, SA, Copper threads I’ve ventured into. These threads are supposed to fun, informative, cool - these are the threads I look forward to seeing what’s up with a Title I love, books I love. 

Hey if you don’t like a certain title, book, art/artists, writers - totally get it. It is what makes the world go round. But don’t rain on parades of those that really like it, for so many different reasons. ✌️ 

You are completely right, E. I used to love this thread... But as it seems as the price goes up, the nastier it gets in here. Money brings out the best I guess... 

Speaking of founding fathers🤘Hope you and fam are doing well.   
I hear you my man, but It doesn’t have to be that way, shouldn’t be that way. 

I just come to these Boards - the TMNT threads - for fun, to learn, to share, to drool, to make friends, to escape Wifey or kids:), to relax, laugh, whatever  - so please could guys & girls just leave the negativity at the door....if you already know your bringing it in - please

(Personally cause this is one of my happy places and.....

B5111648-6CEA-4718-A011-AFE9099D65FF.gif.d1ad54e65edf0f08c16eee8f0129454b.gif)

9 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Readily available? Clearly available?........if fat wallets??   
I don’t see that with all the prints/variations. Nor did my wallet alone, grant any of my issues and their prints/variants. My #1 first print started out as a 9.6 in 2011 I think. And used it to upgrade for a 9.8 trade. My #3 Variant also I started out with a 9.6 and did the same. Both transactions I also used other TMNT books in the cash/trade with my 9.6 for a 9.8. Those were my biggest purchases.
(Besides all the $$$$$ I give CGC when subbing TMNT books. Not joking)

As for my sixth print #1, or anybody who has one in HG raw or slabbed. It’s not a fat wallet lol or even a 5th print #1 or even #4 Manufacturing Error - it was a lot of hunting, or winning one (nothing ludicrous $ wise) off eBay/site//auction house, or subbing or knowing someone....or knowing someone who knows someone. I Lucked out with my 6th print.   
I knew a TMNT fan/aficionado/collector Boardie who was kind enough and sold me theirs because their TMNT collecting was turning more to the OA.   
Actually 3 of my more rare or unique or coveted books in my set - I purchased from some of the Founding TMNT Fathers on these Boards. All three went more into the awesome OA collecting of TMNT. Pretty cool🤘 

#1 6th print is not a manipulated book/market or fat wallet book. It’s good luck finding one in HG and cherish it when you do and sell/pass it along to someone who will pay for it and appreciate owning one, or sell on site or auction house and try and get top dollar for your book. 

B5614FD2-C0E7-4246-A4B3-1A48195187ED.thumb.png.0eeca9bf850312d2eb54c1ed6e4d2b23.png

Same here. Most of the printings I showed were $10-20, each, even the 2nd and 3rd prints (bought them in the early ‘90s). I did splurge on the 6th hardcover for $300 (when I went to resell it, it was actually hard to find a buyer and I sold it for slightly less than I paid), but the rest were relatively cheap. My 1st printing was a time payments buy which I paid off in 3 months for a fraction of today’s prices. I would never be able to buy in at today’s prices, and definitely not multiple copies. Just a fun book to collect, nothing nefarious here. 

That’s what crazy bidding does . Nobody can keep track of actual value especially in last few months it’s gone crazy. Third prints are selling minimum over 1K that’s nuts to me . First printing is going to cost no doubt and is undisputed book here but even there it’s tough to see what normal is and what will be next year ? It seems like all printings just exploded . It’s hot property 

On 8/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, Icculus308win said:

Since 08 I’ve never seen so many Debbie Downers, Negative Nellys or just haters like as of late in a #1 book thread all at once, all of a sudden. At least never in any GA, SA, Copper threads I’ve ventured into. These threads are supposed to fun, informative, cool - these are the threads I look forward to seeing what’s up with a Title I love, books I love. 

Hey if you don’t like a certain title, book, art/artists, writers - totally get it. It is what makes the world go round. But don’t rain on parades of those that really like it, for so many different reasons. ✌️ 

I just decided to set some people to ignore. The negativity gets tiring 😞.