• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

Does having the Free comic book TMNT #1 reprint count?

Dang, you know I couldn't even find one -- my local joint was already 'sold out' early on Saturday. :mad:

:censored:

Yeah they where the first books snatched off the table. I know someone that kept 3 and am currently trying to get one of them since I would like to have two copies. I knew I should have grabbed two in the first place.

I have multiple 2nd, 3rd, FCB day reprints, and first and second prints of all other TMNT books but am waiting to get a first print to "join" the club.

I am sad to say that I saw the huge increase in TMNT 1 coming and did nothing to buy one before it happened. :sorry:

Thought I would come join the club :-)

100_0171.jpg

I've never really been a stickler for condition. I mainly enjoy CGCed books for the preservation aspect. I'm not a grade hunter, so I'm happy with my #1 @ 7.0 w/White Pages :-)

I have multiple 2nd, 3rd, FCB day reprints, and first and second prints of all other TMNT books but am waiting to get a first print to "join" the club.

I am sad to say that I saw the huge increase in TMNT 1 coming and did nothing to buy one before it happened. :sorry:

Nate, couldnt' agree with you more...

yeah, Nick, my collecting habit of finishing runs at the cost of not buying keys I want has cost me lots of money.

Specifically, an affordable AF15, TMNT 1 and Albedo 2.

I just finished my Avengers run last week (will post pics when they are all under roof) but am done with runs till I pick up the above three books plus FF 1. Once I get those four under my belt, which again, I should have already done, I'll get back to finishing up FF.

Edited by noljoner

Well gents... looks like I've upgraded my VF range 3rd print for this...

6-13.jpg

7-3.jpg

:banana:

It should arrive sometime next week or so having only just purchased it tonight from Comicseekers. Still... this is THE Copper Age grail and I'm thrilled to get a copy. To be honest, I'm SORELY tempted to try and get this one submitted for the Signatures Series. hm

Well gents... looks like I've upgraded my VF range 3rd print for this...

6-13.jpg

7-3.jpg

It should arrive sometime next week or so having only just purchased it tonight from Comicseekers. Still... this is THE Copper Age grail and I'm thrilled to get a copy. To be honest, I'm SORELY tempted to try and get this one submitted for the Signatures Series. hm

Great book! Congrads! You will enjoy owning it :)

I have a TMNT #1 3rd Print graded by P.G.X. 9.4 with off-white / white pages. it's a very CLEAN copy, has great eye appeal. I have thought about taking it out of the case and send it to CGC, but I'm a bit skidish about it.

Edited by S.M.

I have a TMNT #1 3rd Print graded by P.G.X. 9.4 with off-white / white pages. it's a very CLEAN copy, has great eye appeal. I have thought about taking it out of the case and send it to CGC, but I'm a bit skidish about it.

Well, worst case if CGC downgrades it, the 3rd print still isn't TOO difficult to acquire so you could always have a shot at getting another down the road without killing the bank. :foryou:

P.S. WTTB! :hi:

Well, worst case if CGC downgrades it, the 3rd print still isn't TOO difficult to acquire so you could always have a shot at getting another down the road without killing the bank. :foryou:

P.S. WTTB! :hi:

Thank you! (thumbs u figuerd I'd just go ahead and FINALLY join the boards. And belive it or dont, but everytime I send a P.G.X.(minus PGX label and case) book to CGC they (cgc) actually bump me up a grade everytime. (just like to add I havent sent a book to cgc in two years, my comic shop used to help me out on that front but no more) Edited by S.M.

Hey guys! My copy just arrived and as it cool as it was to have the book in my hands, you can just imagine my surprise (and delight) when I opened the front cover and saw this:

IMG_0106.jpg

So looks like I won't need to find a Peter Laird signature of sketch! Woo hoo!

I figured this group would appreciate this picture. It certainly dropped my jaw!

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1BCCloseup.jpg