• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2017 at 6:58 PM, chrisray2008 said:

Hi Maloney, I mentioned it before but you have my 9.4 in the blue label category. It should be in the yellow category (Signed and Sketched by Kevin) I am also submitting my second first print purchased recently 9.2 SS Kevin and Peter both with sketches. Thanks!

16443349_10154326269341094_1086104401_n.jpg

Sorry I haven't been around much.  Great looking book and I made the correction!  (thumbsu

Here is the updated list:

TMNT #1 Club

TMNTHeritageAuction.jpg

Blue Label: 79 copies

Yellow Label: 10 copies

Purple Label: 1 copy

Raw: 11 copies

Total: 101 copies :applause:

Note: page numbers refer to the old default setting of 10 posts per page.  You can use that to estimate where the images are.  

Starting from February 2017 on I'll instead be posting the date the owner shares their TMNT #1 with us.  (thumbsu 

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) icculus308win (page 102) Signed by Eastman and Laird on 1st page

9.8 (W) Gump24601 (page 156)

9.8 (W) passion4comics (page 89)

9.8 (W) telerites (No pic)

9.8 (OWW) pubmonkey (page 42)

9.6 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 97) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.6 (W) Max Carnage (page 70)

9.6 (W) valiantman (page 96)

9.6 (W) Jaydogrules (page 127)

9.4 (W) Cyberjad (page 13) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.4 (W) jeranimal (page 177) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.4 (W) thirdgreenham (page 142)

9.4 (OW) Detroit Mike (page 2)

9.4 (OWW) mrmitchgro (page 69)

9.4 Rabidwolf (No pic)

9.2 (W) TMNT (page 1) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.2 (W) tornay (page 44)

9.2 (OWW) Jeffreykli (page 1)

9.2 (W) accessndx (page 62)

9.2 (W) mikeggg (page 72)

9.2 (W) 4turtles2007 (page 80)

9.2 (W) dane323 (page 86) "Don/Maggie Thompson Collection"

9.2 (W) BizarroChuck (page 116)

9.2 (OWW) Sonukumar21 (page 91)

9.2 (OWW) Real Elijah Snow (page 173)

9.0 (W) Stevie K (page 143) Signed by Eastman with a sketch on inside front cover

9.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

9.0 (W) proventheory (page 26)

9.0 (W) JesterSB (page 45)

9.0 (W) Hulk44 (page 117)

9.0 (W) tmntcollector1 (page 164)

9.0 (W) PKJ (page 179)

9.0 (OWW) hulk181man (page 27)

9.0 (OWW) jaybuck43 (page 121)

9.0 (OWW) RockMyAmadeus (page 178)

9.0 Peter Palmer (page 9)

8.5 (W) cmzare (page 183) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior front cover

8.5 (W) mrmitchgro (page 63, previous owner mikeggg)

8.5 (W) Flashattack (page 182)

8.5 (OWW) whetteon (page 29)

8.5 (OWW) spracknetch23 (page 65)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

8.0 (W) TheAmazing R.J.S. (page 33) Signed by Eastman and salutation on inside front cover

8.0 (W) rwhorn (page 105) Signed and sketch by Eastman on interior

8.0 (W) Jacey (page 106)

8.0 (W) callaway29 (page 137)

8.0 (OWW) sgcomiccollector (page 82) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 ChadH (No pic)

7.5 joker-fish (page 25) Signed by Eastman with a sketch on inside front cover

7.5 (W) CBass (page 138) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.5 (W) maloney414 (page 31) Signed & Sketch by Eastman on back of slab

7.5 (W) DevilsRain (page 4)

7.5 (W) slackjawcomics (page 76)

7.5 (W) Comedian (page 83)

7.5 (W) Parabellum (page 89)

7.5 (W) jedisam2013 (page 136)

7.5 (W) cannonfodder (page 145)

7.5 (OWW) metallickyrulz (page 82)

7.5 (COW) Mutie Fan (page 163)

7.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

7.0 (W) Harley Troy (page 104) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.0 (W) lookwhoitis (page 55)

7/0 (OWW) johnnymu (page 139) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior

7.0 (OWW) jjfversion1 (page 80)

7.0 (OWW) Bigmoney80 (page 141)

7.0 (CR/OW) Rmfn33 (page 85)

7.0 Ogami (No pic) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

6.5 (OWW) atrocitus (page 138)

6.0 (W) thebends1996 (page 25)

6.0 (W) The Mad Irishman (page 157)

6.0 (OWW) omegadepot (page 184)

6.0 Robbussum (page 27)

6.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

5.0 (OWW) Sauce Dog (page 111)

4.0 (OWW) Whitelanterncorps (page 158)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.4 (OWW)  Chrisray2008 (page 179)

9.2 (W) PeasOfCrap (page 77) Signed & Sketched by Eastman(4 turtles) and Laird(Splinter & Shredder)

9.2 (W)  Chrisray2008 Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird (February 3rd 2017) 

9.2 (W) toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

9.2 (W) IamtheNorm (page 181) Signed by Kevin Eastman

9.0 (W) TrevorP24 (page 114) Signed & Sketched by Eastman. Plus, "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" written on interior cover.

8.0 (W) jaja-mon12 (page 98) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

7.0 (W) Archon Turtle (Page 7) Signed and sketched by Eastman

6.0 (W) Mac Man (page 8) SS Eastman only; however, signed & sketch by Laird as well

5.5 toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

5.0 ryanatlas (page 61) SS Signed by Eastman. Signed on slab by Peter Laird, Steve Lavigne & Eric Talbot (page 73)

CGC RESTORED

9.0 (W) Schmakt (No pic) Slight (A) color touch

RAW:

Chainnball (page 14)

woregul (page 30) Signed w/ head sketch by Eastman + Signed w/ 4 head sketches by Laird

Mr. Comicbook (No pic)

Iggy (No pic)

Angela Rose (No pic)

TFL (No pic)

Zombikaze (No pic)

Kaylab (page 63)

4turtles2007 (page 70)

TheMasterTurtle (page 92)

Lucky Baru (page 143)

Edited by maloney414

Hi everyone I'm late to the party, and evidently first prints are something else, to be tallied as such! :) As first prints are expensive, are 2nd prints worth their salt for TMNT #1? I've just started to research and could use some simple advice, if it is simple. I see at the LCS TMNT's #3 in VF for about $40 and they're sized differently than modern comics. Are they Magazines? or is that what you Sub them under? at what number do they stop being this size #5? LCS also had a #4 for cheap, and of course it's the type of LCS that I don't know what print they are ie 1st 2nd 4th. Also of 1-4 which have multiple prints... idk this is a lot to ask and I understand it's probably common knowledge around here, so if anyone feels the need to pm me rather than take up space here I understand :takeit: I just hope that I could rap my head around it....and get some knowledge :) 

On 3/25/2017 at 10:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hi everyone I'm late to the party, and evidently first prints are something else, to be tallied as such! :) As first prints are expensive, are 2nd prints worth their salt for TMNT #1? I've just started to research and could use some simple advice, if it is simple. I see at the LCS TMNT's #3 in VF for about $40 and they're sized differently than modern comics. Are they Magazines? or is that what you Sub them under? at what number do they stop being this size #5? LCS also had a #4 for cheap, and of course it's the type of LCS that I don't know what print they are ie 1st 2nd 4th. Also of 1-4 which have multiple prints... idk this is a lot to ask and I understand it's probably common knowledge around here, so if anyone feels the need to pm me rather than take up space here I understand :takeit: I just hope that I could rap my head around it....and get some knowledge :) 

TMNT #1 2nd print does have a decent value but nowhere near the 1st of course.  The first print had around 3000-3250 print run, whereas the second was 15,000 if I remember correctly (3rd was around 35,000).  The only magazine size issues were #1 (1st, 2nd & 3rd prints), #2 (1st & 2nd prints), #3 & 4 (1st prints only). These must be submitted as magazine size to CGC.   Then #5 began the regular comic size as you noted.  For values look at Ebay sold listings sorted most recent sales first, that's the best and easiest way to find true market value.

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

TMNT #1 2nd print does have a decent value but nowhere near the 1st of course.  The first print had around 3000-3250 print run, whereas the second was 15,000 if I remember correctly (3rd was around 35,000).  The only magazine size issues were #1 (1st, 2nd & 3rd prints), #2 (1st & 2nd prints), #3 & 4 (1st prints only). These must be submitted as magazine size to CGC.   Then #5 began the regular comic size as you noted.  For values look at Ebay sold listings sorted most recent sales first, that's the best and easiest way to find true market value.

I appreciate it very much :) now I have some information to refer back to!! Thanks Again

3 hours ago, GM8 said:

Don't forget Raphael #1 (which came out after issue #3) was also over-sized.   And if you count Fugitoid #1, that was full magazine sized. Also, for the 6th printing of #1, they went back and created a magazine sized version. 

3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Don't forget Raphael #1 (which came out after issue #3) was also over-sized.   And if you count Fugitoid #1, that was full magazine sized. Also, for the 6th printing of #1, they went back and created a magazine sized version. 

Right however he asked about the TMNT numbered issues.  The 6th print I've never known about but thanks for the info.  

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I appreciate it very much :) now I have some information to refer back to!! Thanks Again

You got it.  These are the books that got me into comics so I have great memories of going to my LCS and trying to track them down.   There was such a fever about the #1 1st printing and so much information back then was just word of mouth that it had a aura surrounding it.  When I finally tracked down a copy it was flipping counterfeit!  Someone took a 3rd printing and white-out the "THIRD" from "THIRD PRINTING" and put in "FIRST".  Luckily I was skeptical enough to realize I was had and returned it to the store I bought it from.  

33 minutes ago, GM8 said:

You got it.  These are the books that got me into comics so I have great memories of going to my LCS and trying to track them down.   There was such a fever about the #1 1st printing and so much information back then was just word of mouth that it had a aura surrounding it.  When I finally tracked down a copy it was flipping counterfeit!  Someone took a 3rd printing and white-out the "THIRD" from "THIRD PRINTING" and put in "FIRST".  Luckily I was skeptical enough to realize I was had and returned it to the store I bought it from.  

Interesting, glad it worked out. I have one of my earliest experiences with comics also with TMNT 1. I was born in 1981. I remember going by the local supermarket and seeing turtle comics and wanting one or two. I believe I saw the #1 somewhere in there but it must have been a later printing because I remember being old enough to read. The reason I remember is my brother was to come soon and I wanted to impress him with turtles comics 'cause they looked like fun :) I also remember my mom saying no that baby's can't read lol and the cover looked a little forboding for a young kid. I didn't mind at the time because there was only one left on the rack and it was beat up and had tears.

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting, glad it worked out. I have one of my earliest experiences with comics also with TMNT 1. I was born in 1981. I remember going by the local supermarket and seeing turtle comics and wanting one or two. I believe I saw the #1 somewhere in there but it must have been a later printing because I remember being old enough to read. The reason I remember is my brother was to come soon and I wanted to impress him with turtles comics 'cause they looked like fun :) I also remember my mom saying no that baby's can't read lol and the cover looked a little forboding for a young kid. I didn't mind at the time because there was only one left on the rack and it was beat up and had tears.

:bigsmile:

12 hours ago, GM8 said:

Actually TMNT 1's 2nd prints had a print run of 6000, not 15K as reported in OS.

18 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Actually TMNT 1's 2nd prints had a print run of 6000, not 15K as reported in OS.

right, 

its the 1st print of #2 that had the 15k print run,

not the 2nd print of #1.

Easy mistake to make