• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

I once owned a coverless copy with a reproduction cover (purchased as a bonafide first print). However, thanks to these boards I found out that the interior was actually that of a 3rd printing. I'd tread very carefully with this listing..as I'd imagine anyone would. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:38 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Just spoke to HA.  Probably will be removed within 12 hours.

Edited to add: They just sent me an email saying they've removed the book from auction.

Nice. I couldn't see any buyer being pleased with this purchase no matter what price.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:38 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Just spoke to HA.  Probably will be removed within 12 hours.

Edited to add: They just sent me an email saying they've removed the book from auction.

Oh, what the frig................now you tell me after I've already gone and tore all the covers off my second print copies.  doh!  :mad:

Well, it's been quite awhile since we've seen a CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1 up for auction, but I guess now here's your chance:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1003292

tee2.846.jpg

Guess we finally get a chance to see what the "post crypto-like crazed" marketplace is for these CGC 9.8 graded copies of TMNT 1 now that we've also got an adittional 4 more copies graded at this CGC condition level for what is now a whopping 35 copies in this so-called CGC highest grade. :popcorn:

My guess is that it will come in well short of the the trio that sold at CC for around a quarter of a million dollars back in the last 4 months of 2021.  :taptaptap:

On 8/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, it's been quite awhile since we've seen a CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1 up for auction, but I guess now here's your chance:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1003292

tee2.846.jpg

Guess we finally get a chance to see what the "post crypto-like crazed" marketplace is for these CGC 9.8 graded copies of TMNT 1 now that we've also got an adittional 4 more copies graded at this CGC condition level for what is now a whopping 35 copies in this so-called CGC highest grade. :popcorn:

My guess is that it will come in well short of the the trio that sold at CC for around a quarter of a million dollars back in the last 4 months of 2021.  :taptaptap:

there is also one on ComicLink so your appetite for deriding this book has some fodder...

On 8/6/2023 at 6:14 AM, pubmonkey said:

there is also one on ComicLink so your appetite for deriding this book has some fodder...

Well, I guess double the fun here as we not only get to see the current marketplace value for CGC 9.8 graded copies of TMNT 1 and if they can hold onto their pandemic prices of a quarter million dollars, but also another chance to see CL squaring off against CC to see who comes out on top this time.  :yeehaw:  :slapfight:

With CL having a much stronger CA customer base relative to their GA customer base, this time the battle should be a lot closer than back in March where CL was able to fetch only $201K for their CGC 7.0 copy of Cap 1 whereas CC managed to fetched just over $300K for their CGC 7.0 copy of Cap 1 a short two weeks after the CL auction.  Either way, will definitely be a couple of auctions to watch out for with respect to these two copies of TMNT 1 here.  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Looks like there's another 9.8 1st print up for auction on Heritage.  Another chance to see where to post pandemic price is at.  Any guesses?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/alternative-underground/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7358-91045.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

On 12/20/2023 at 12:47 PM, BeardedBubba said:

Looks like there's another 9.8 1st print up for auction on Heritage.  Another chance to see where to post pandemic price is at.  Any guesses?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/alternative-underground/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7358-91045.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Put me down for 160k

On 12/20/2023 at 8:53 PM, Ozonetv said:

Put me down for 160k

It ended at $132k (that includes the buyers premium).  It's a small sample size but it looks like the price is on the decline.

Credit to @DC#

I screenshot from the six figure thread.

For some odd reason I didn't "think it was too big a drop this time," just forgot specific numbers.

Only dropped 1k not too bad

Screenshot_20240111-175032.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/11/2024 at 6:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Credit to @DC#

I screenshot from the six figure thread.

For some odd reason I didn't "think it was too big a drop this time," just forgot specific numbers.

Only dropped 1k not too bad

Screenshot_20240111-175032.png

Interesting.  I hadn't seen the Clink sale.  So a 15% drop from $155k to $131k, then a tiny bump to $132k just now.  It will be interesting to see if the price stabilizes in the 130k range.  I've been fascinated with watching the price since I sold my 1st print in 2021.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:41 AM, BeardedBubba said:

Interesting.  I hadn't seen the Clink sale.  So a 15% drop from $155k to $131k, then a tiny bump to $132k just now.  It will be interesting to see if the price stabilizes in the 130k range.  I've been fascinated with watching the price since I sold my 1st print in 2021.

What grade?

Does anyone here have an ungraded TMNT #1 Counterfeit from the 80's that would be willing to provide me pictures of the interior pages (one in particular)? Even if you have one but it's been graded and slabbed, if you took pictures of all the interior pages before grading that would also work. If you don't have one, do you know of anyone with one that you can connect me with?

This would be an actual counterfeit copy and not one of the 2nd or 3rd printings that had the printing info bleached out. Just doing a bit of research and I'm not really wanting to crack my #1 counterfeit if I don't have to (and I didn't take a pic of this specific page for some reason). So, first trying to find one in the wild.

DM me if you have any info and/or pics. Thanks everyone!