• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

$58K 🔨 

Happy to see a pattern emit of the books actual value (imho at least) 

Yes, looks like it finished up at $58K or pretty much where we had expected it to (see below) based upon the last several sales, as detailed below:  (thumbsu

On 6/21/2020 at 9:08 AM, Spiderturtle said:

It appears that a 9.8 is more in the $50-$60k range

On 6/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, lou_fine said:

So, the timelime and venues for these 4 sales were:  1) $90K at HA in August 2019;  2) $52.8K at HA in November 2019;  3) $50K at CL in December;  and 4) the $90K HA copy reselling for $59K at the end of April 2020 as a BIN consignment.  hm

Hmmm....................this more than confirms that the $90K Heritage sale back in August of 2019 was more of an outlier sale than anything else 

Thsi would then place the current value of a CGC 9.8 graded copy of TMNT 1 back into the $50K to $60K price range that most boardies suspect is where it is. 

Hi all, nothing new per se but I always find the Heritage "offers" section interesting when it comes to high grade listings of this book. Basically if you sell or list a book on HA, you can be contacted seemingly forever with offers from interested parties. Recent ones for 9.8's have come under the recent sales prices. The idea of throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks, I guess:

SHORT DESCRIPTION                                                           SOLD FOR (WITH BP)    AUCTION DATE    OFFER    STATUS    OFFER DATE    

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (Mirage Studios, 1984) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....                      $38,240.00 May 12 2018 $49,712 Pending Jul 15 2020

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 First Printing (Mirage Studios, 1984) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages.... $17,925.00 Nov 17 2012 $35,000 Pending Jul 15 2020
Edited by GM8

Although they are under the recent auction sales results, maybe the offerers are hoping they'll still accept their offer or come back with a reasonable counter offer, especially considering that the offers are at least still substantially higher than the original purchase price of the books in the first place.  hm  :wishluck:

9 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Crazy. That's a pretty nice looking 6.0. Probably a good crack and press candidate. 

10 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Looks like the affordable 'low' grade copies are creeping up even more. 6.0 for $7,408us!

I've always thought that any copy of TMNT #1 first printing that is CGC universal graded and priced below $1,000 per point is a good deal.  There aren't enough to satisfy demand and never will be.  Prices above $1,000 per point seem inevitable... and this is probably the first of many.

Edited by valiantman

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

I've always thought that any copy of TMNT #1 first printing that is CGC universal graded and priced below $1,000 per point is a good deal.  There aren't enough to satisfy demand and never will be.  Prices above $1,000 per point seem inevitable... and this is probably the first of many.

That's been my thinking as well, with any issue less than Very Fine easily commanding $1k per point (above that it starts to jump higher and gets crazy)

22 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:
On 7/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, valiantman said:

That's been my thinking as well, with any issue less than Very Fine easily commanding $1k per point (above that it starts to jump higher and gets crazy)

I was amazed how many years in a row you could get up to a 9.0 for less than $9,000, and 8.0 was closer to $6,500.  Those were complete bargains when 5.0 was already close to $5,000.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

I was amazed how many years in a row you could get up to a 9.0 for less than $9,000, and 8.0 was closer to $6,500.  Those were complete bargains when 5.0 was already close to $5,000.

What do you have a 5.0 valued at? 

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:
3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Hmmm... I was going from memory and it wasn't what I thought. 

In 2014, a 5.0 sold for $2,700 and a 9.0 for $3,884 - two days apart. 

That was what I was remembering.

30 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

$5k right now, which is in line with offers I have received over the past 3 months (the highest being $4,800us). I feel strongly it will hit the prior 6.0 numbers easily and there isn't any reason to sell it for any GPA prices, especially if several months old.

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

$5k right now, which is in line with offers I have received over the past 3 months (the highest being $4,800us). I feel strongly it will hit the prior 6.0 numbers easily and there isn't any reason to sell it for any GPA prices, especially if several months old.

Oh cool you have a 5.0?