• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

You know what would be cool would be to track down that Issue of CBG where they had a full page advertisement for TMNT.

I don't remember what issue that was... but it said there was a small convention (Portsmouth?) they were going to be at. I went there with my dad with something like $15-$20 and I picked up a signed #1 from Eastman and Laird.

Hey guys! My copy just arrived and as it cool as it was to have the book in my hands, you can just imagine my surprise (and delight) when I opened the front cover and saw this:

IMG_0106.jpg

So looks like I won't need to find a Peter Laird signature of sketch! Woo hoo!

:banana:

He must have signed that a LONG time ago, because he has been incorporating the year into his signatures for a VERY long time.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

man ! such a cool book to own, but sadly i always have something else in mind when one comes up for sell ... i really need to add this book to the flock sometime soon

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

No, I didn't sub any of these myself, but I did recently crack the 3rd print for an Eastman sig. I thought I was going to get Laird too, but he was on the guest list erroneously at SDCC. Oh well!

I'm hesitant to crack the 2nd print as it's 1 of 2 9.6's, both highest graded for that print. I'd hate to risk a grade drop. But I'm working on getting high-grade copies of all the prints. I've got readers of the 4th and 5th printings, I've got a 9.8 of the black and white PBBZ con exclusive, and a 9.8 of the FCBD version that came out this year. There was another exclusive given out during the Turtle Shell-abration in SDCC, so I at least need that one. I think there's also one that came out to promote the movie a couple years ago. What other ones are there?

I also got this one on-sited at Philly. Not a #1, be a definite homage, not to mention the blankest label I've ever seen.

TMNT-SneakPeek.jpg

Guys, I'm curious what your thoughts are on the market right for TMNT #1. It seems like I've seen a couple high grade copies go up for sale here on the boards but no takers--even after some substantial price drops.

Is it simply the unavailability of funds due to the economy, or are we seeing a softening in the price on this book?

unavailability of funds, MacMan. Good time to buy if you have the money but bad time to sell. For Me, I had about 5 copies in the 7.0 to 7.5 range. I sold them all because I devoted those funds to my AF15 fund. The 7.0 to 7.5 prices have been the same for the past 4 years, i figure i can always purchase another one at the prices i sold them for. When I have more funds avaialbe I would love to purchase a 8.0 or higher. This is the only Copper book worth spending strong money on.

Edited by SpiderTurtle

Is it simply the unavailability of funds due to the economy, or are we seeing a softening in the price on this book?

I don't think its either.

I think that on THESE boards, those who want a #1 for the most part have one. So when one comes up on the sales thread, they often don't sell. But everywhere else, from Heritage to ebay to Clink, prices have remained consistent. 9.0 still command around 2k, 8.0s around 1k. 7.0s & 7.5s have even picked up a bit with a couple $800-$900 sales. And wit h2 Nov sales of plus 9k for 2 9.6s I really think things are looking pretty strong.

Raw books are of course the chapeast way to go but one sold a few months ago for over $1500!

I just think that as a whole, the Green Teens simply don't get a lot of love on here.

Yet again TMNT is right. They are just not the most loved or I think known/understood amongst Boardies as a whole.

This is perfectly natural, too. The vast majority of the members of this board are Silver/Bronze age collectors, with another large chunk for Gold. I'd be really, really surprised if "Copper" collectors comprised more than 5% of the regular contributors of this board.

This is evidenced by the many discussions focused on Gold/Silver/Bronze, and the lack of same here.

Yet again TMNT is right. They are just not the most loved or I think known/understood amongst Boardies as a whole.

This is perfectly natural, too. The vast majority of the members of this board are Silver/Bronze age collectors, with another large chunk for Gold. I'd be really, really surprised if "Copper" collectors comprised more than 5% of the regular contributors of this board.

This is evidenced by the many discussions focused on Gold/Silver/Bronze, and the lack of same here.

(thumbs u