• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

I'm not sure I've seen this large jump, at least not consistently. The last few years the prices have, for the most part, stayed the same. As I said earlier, in some cases there has been some strong sales, but overall I'd call the prices, from high to low grades, relatively consistent, with 9.6's selling for what they did in '07 to 7.0 selling for the same prices.

Yet again TMNT is right. They are just not the most loved or I think known/understood amongst Boardies as a whole.

I hadn't really thought of it from that perspective, but now that I hear it, that does make sense. Still, the fact that prices in the general market of collector are still solid from one year to the next is rather encouraging.

And I can't wait til my 6.0 copy comes back from CGC from SDCC. It has an unverified signature and sketch from Laird and a witnessed signature from Eastman! :whee:

TMNT are a huge part of my childhood. This is a grail for me! Going to be looking for a 7.0 or so in 2010! I wonder what price I should expect to pay for one???

Cool!

You might get lucky and nab one at a low of around $700, but more likely somewhere around $800.

Yep, graded. Raw ones can be had for less, anywhere from $550 or so to the mid $600s. But those prices are honestly all over the place on raw ones, and some might reach $800 or so (all of this is in the 7.0 grade range).

I also wanted to add that a good number of raw books have color touch on them, to help with that black cover. If this is something that doesn't bother you, then no worries. But if it does, you might want to do a little more leg work with asking questions to try to be to sure. Or you can just get a Blue lable CGC book.

This is one non-silver book I love. I have a few copies of number 1 that Ive picked up over the last 10 years I keep in my bank vault with no intention to sell and have no problem adding additional copies.

But I personally think the biggest impact on the declining sales and the leveling prices over the last copule of years is due to the number of higher grade copies that have been graded over the last few years. There are lost of 9.0s-9.4s now, not to mention the several 9.6s which is no longer even the highest grade.

However I personally think in the long run this is the book to own investment wise. There were only 3000 printed. Im sure a good chunk have been lost or destroyed. That being said I dont think too many additional 9.2-9.8 copies will show up from here on.IMHO this is truly the rarest KEY to come out in the last 30 years.

Edited by rabidwolf

Tristan Jones' double-signed copy (writer of the most recent Tales) that he graded as VF (but potentially FN... fantastic looking FN book if that's what it is!!) just went for $915

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eastman-Laird-TMNT-Ninja-Turtles-Vol-1-1-SIGNED_W0QQitemZ320460196411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9cea8a3b#ht_500wt_924

I'd agree with his grading as I own a FN 6.0 graded copy and his is certainly cleaner looking than mine. I'm thinking probably VF- due to the color-breaking lines on the top edge. I'm jealous there was an Eastman sketch in that one as I was only able to get E to sign mine--no sketch to go with Laird's. :(

only a 3rd print for me also. i just was not paying attention to the title when it

first came out. sigh! my budget did not fit so something had to suffer. Figures it

was a now expensive book.