• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ghn999 said:

Hey , my buddy just sold his 8.5 on ebay for 15.5g for an 8.5 white pg tmnt 1st print. I tried offering him 12g is a no go. Lol 20g for a 9.0is good but I'm thinking 25g for a 9.2

:flipbait:

I was waiting for an 8.5 sale since that's what I have. Tempted to sell mine now... hm Noticed his was unsigned. How much of a premium would signed/sketched add on top? 

Edited by rsouxlja7

12 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

:flipbait:

I was waiting for an 8.5 sale since that's what I have. Tempted to sell mine now... hm Noticed his was unsigned. How much of a premium would signed/sketched add on top? 

That's another level. Maybe 500 to 1000 more. Depends on the buyer! Or just  waited it out. It might jump some more..

21 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

To put in perspective 3 years ago I bought 9.0 first print from comic connect for 5500.00 US I traded it away in a deal for AF15 which I ended up selling anyways . I regret letting that white whale go . It was a special comic sigh.....

At least you made some money off it!!

2 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

Oak, showing his turtle love!!!! I know you always had a soft spot for the turtles! Nice copy!!!! I hope you’ve been well. 

Doing great out here. How are you and your loved ones, hope well.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Doing great out here. How are you and your loved ones, hope well.

That’s nice to hear! Everything’s ok on our end. It’s been a good summer, and I’ve been riding my bike a lot, which has been a blessing. 

On the turtle tip, I’ve been tempted to pick up other copies. I then have to check myself and come back to reality. To put things into perspective, a 9.8 third print could have been had all day at $8-900- all day, just 2-3 months ago! For years I was going to get one, and held off. Today, I was tempted to get a 9.4 for a 1k!!! I had to take a step back off of the hype train :flamed: 

3 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

To put in perspective 3 years ago I bought 9.0 first print from comic connect for 5500.00 US I traded it away in a deal for AF15 which I ended up selling anyways . I regret letting that white whale go . It was a special comic sigh.....

I was fortunate enough to trade one of my 1.5 Af 15 for a 9.4 Tmnt 1st print 2years ago. Best thing I ever did 👏

2 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

I was fortunate enough to trade one of my 1.5 Af 15 for a 9.4 Tmnt 1st print 2years ago. Best thing I ever did 👏

Gutsy! Brash! Dare I say very motivated!

Awesome!

18 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

That’s nice to hear! Everything’s ok on our end. It’s been a good summer, and I’ve been riding my bike a lot, which has been a blessing. 

On the turtle tip, I’ve been tempted to pick up other copies. I then have to check myself and come back to reality. To put things into perspective, a 9.8 third print could have been had all day at $8-900- all day, just 2-3 months ago! For years I was going to get one, and held off. Today, I was tempted to get a 9.4 for a 1k!!! I had to take a step back off of the hype train :flamed: 

Absolutely.  You know they will come back down, they always do.👍

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Absolutely.  You know they will come back down, they always do.👍

Probably true, but not at the levels they were at before this explosion. They never do. We’ll likely see them level off a bit in a year or two, but with the Seth Rogen animated series around the corner maybe even longer, or no level off at all and just steady solid prices.

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

hm which "they" are we talking about? 

There's always a cooling off period for books that have become red hot over night. So to answer your question 

They= all comic books