TMNT #1 Club
35 35

3,065 posts in this topic

1,056 posts

Well, I'm finally out of the epic club as have sold my CGC 5.0 #1 first print (I guess no more weekly random PMs asking if I would sell it). I'm sure I'll regret it one day, but it was a decent chunk of change that went towards both house downpayment savings and buying a bunch of other books I've wanted, including all three CGC first appearances of Hellboy (high grade and even one signed by Mignola), another Tales of Suspense 39 and House of Secrets 92, as well as a few other random comics including a 5th printing of #1 to go with my remaining raw 3rd print (so technically still in the TMNT #1 club, but feels wrong when it isn't my original 1st printing :D ). 

Has anybody been able to dig up the press run numbers for the 5th printing? I kept hearing it was less common than the 4th printing, but can't find anything to confirm that.

20200923_125508.thumb.jpg.44fcf650fbb39a1e61a9846c3de0a986.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

108 posts
46 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Well, I'm finally out of the epic club as have sold my CGC 5.0 #1 first print (I guess no more weekly random PMs asking if I would sell it). I'm sure I'll regret it one day, but it was a decent chunk of change that went towards both house downpayment savings and buying a bunch of other books I've wanted, including all three CGC first appearances of Hellboy (high grade and even one signed by Mignola), another Tales of Suspense 39 and House of Secrets 92, as well as a few other random comics including a 5th printing of #1 to go with my remaining raw 3rd print (so technically still in the TMNT #1 club, but feels wrong when it isn't my original 1st printing :D ). 

Has anybody been able to dig up the press run numbers for the 5th printing? I kept hearing it was less common than the 4th printing, but can't find anything to confirm that.

20200923_125508.thumb.jpg.44fcf650fbb39a1e61a9846c3de0a986.jpg

How much did you sell your TMNT 1st print for?

9 posts

I know LDarkseid asked Eastman on one of his channels if he knew but haven't heard anything back from that on the 5th print.  I personally prefer the 5th print over the 4th.  Jealous that you even had a 1st print to move, lol still working on getting mine eventually down the road just have 2nd and 3rd prints now to enjoy.

1,056 posts
7 minutes ago, ghn999 said:

How much did you sell your TMNT 1st print for?

I can't disclose the exact cost, but I can say it was five figures.

108 posts

Im glad you got something out of it. I don't know if I could sell mine at this market right now. It trending up!!