• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, TMNT said:

I know it's not the right section but anyone got one for sale around here? Just moved some art and looking to grab a copy with cash

Shellback has 3 copies for sale.  Reach out to Dee.

Edited by jaybuck43

On 1/27/2021 at 10:16 AM, TMNT said:

Hmm I show that at 10K, which is still a great price 

Screenshot_20210127-101542_eBay.jpg

Maybe its a real sale? If it was raw I would be more inclined to think it's legit, But something is just off here imho, Hey let me or my dad, mom, cousin Joe CGC the book, then sell it at 60% below FMV oh and I will spell the name of the book wrong, sorry just been around to long to take this as a legit sale.

2 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

Maybe its a real sale? If it was raw I would be more inclined to think it's legit, But something is just off here imho, Hey let me or my dad, mom, cousin Joe CGC the book, then sell it at 60% below FMV oh and I will spell the name of the book wrong, sorry just been around to long to take this as a legit sale.

Maybe a "divorce" sale?

10 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

So, what will this hammer at? Let's hear some predictions. I'm going $35k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1984-TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-1-CGC-9-4-UNIVERSAL-1ST-PRINT-SIGNED-WOW/254849652536

Good eye. I'd guess $41K. The last 9.4 sold on Heritage back in December 2020 for $36K.

Of note, this one hasn't come up for sale publicly since I have data back to 2005. So this appears to be a long-term owner cashing out (who likely sold it to this dealer). I like how ambitious the dealer is mentioning the 9.0 sale, which of course was from the Kevin Eastman personal collection. But hey, a guy's gotta dream right?

Edited by GM8

That book came from a two way trade that saw original owner trade TMNT 1 and a slew of old Detective Comics and a sum of cash to obtain a copy of Whiz 1 comics in 3.0. I follow him on Instagram and he owns some impressive comics in Superman 1 and Submariner 1 etc. His logic was the Whiz comics 1 was holy grail from golden age and very few affordable copies exist ( the 3.0 last sold for 75K USD ) so he made his move . I think he will hunt down another TMNT in future was his plan.

2 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

That book came from a two way trade that saw original owner trade TMNT 1 and a slew of old Detective Comics and a sum of cash to obtain a copy of Whiz 1 comics in 3.0. I follow him on Instagram and he owns some impressive comics in Superman 1 and Submariner 1 etc. His logic was the Whiz comics 1 was holy grail from golden age and very few affordable copies exist ( the 3.0 last sold for 75K USD ) so he made his move . I think he will hunt down another TMNT in future was his plan.

Cool story! What's his handle? Want to see his collection