• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Cool story! What's his handle? Want to see his collection

Not sure what his deal is other than he’s a huge fan and doesn’t wait to dream for big books. He goes after them . He purchased restored Subby 1 Timely 2.5 had it brought back to blue label 2.5!. Some incredible stuff he posts . 

On 2/6/2021 at 8:09 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

So, what will this hammer at? Let's hear some predictions. I'm going $35k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1984-TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-1-CGC-9-4-UNIVERSAL-1ST-PRINT-SIGNED-WOW/254849652536

🏆🤘🏆🤘🏆

(Price is Right winner:)

Edited by Icculus308win

On 2/6/2021 at 9:16 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:
On 2/6/2021 at 8:53 PM, TMNT said:

It's ending during the Super Bowl... :insane:

Yeah, may be poor planning by the seller

Yes, every time the Super Bowl comes along, I think back to the 1995 Super Bowl weekend held down in Miami that year and Geppi had his big grand opening for his Diamond International Galleries in Timonium that same weekend with the surprise unveiling of all of the books from the Overstreet Collection.  :cloud9:

Although all of the old time big players like Fishler, Anderson, Rozanski, and the likes were down there for the grand opening, it seem like a lot of the newer players with deep pockets like Cramer and the gang decided to go down to Florida instead.  Good thing for the old time collectors  because the new investor guys like Cramer probably would have scooped everything up before anybody even got a look at the books.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, every time the Super Bowl comes along, I think back to the 1995 Super Bowl weekend held down in Miami that year and Geppi had his big grand opening for his Diamond International Galleries in Timonium that same weekend with the surprise unveiling of all of the books from the Overstreet Collection.  :cloud9:

Although all of the old time big players like Fishler, Anderson, Rozanski, and the likes were down there for the grand opening, it seem like a lot of the newer players with deep pockets like Cramer and the gang decided to go down to Florida instead.  Good thing for the old time collectors  because the new investor guys like Cramer probably would have scooped everything up before anybody even got a look at the books.  :applause:

Ugh, I do miss the museum downtown. 

Plenty of these coming to market . It worries me people want to cash in . If the book has staying power why not hold ? It’s rare enough and high grade enough ? This whole thing really creeps me out . Two years ago I paid 5K for 9.0. The increase in not just this , in all keys is staggering and something is off to me . My two cents 

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

If the book has staying power why not hold ? It’s rare enough and high grade enough ? This whole thing really creeps me out . Two years ago I paid 5K for 9.0.

I believe the reason you are puzzled as to why collectors and especially speculators are not holding onto this book, is that unlike you, they probably know full well that this book is nowhere close to being rare at all.  :gossip:

Although there is indeed a lot of speculative demand for this book due to movie hype and the like, we all know historically what tends to happen with movie and TV realted hype books longer run.  Especially for ones where there are already almost 400 graded copies in CGC 9.0 high grade and above or what amounts to an huge chunk of the entire print run, with no doubt still a good number of raw copies out there that has yet to touch the hands of a CGC grader.  hm