• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

must get it slabbed.

Here's a more extensive reason.

I've been advised for years to get my copy slabbed.

I don't want to. Why?

Because when it's slabbed, I will have the OVERWHELMING urge to sell it.

And I don't want to sell it.

I found...for the first time in almost 20 years of collecting....an Albedo #2 in 2007 for 75 cents.

Yes, 75 cents.

(I was due.)

I had it slabbed at WWLA last year, and it came back 9.0.

I sold it almost immediately.

It was the only copy I have ever owned.

And now, I have to replace that copy for my collection.

So, I don't wanna slab this copy, because I will face the overwhelming temptation to sell it, because it will be so EASY.

At least with it unslabbed, it's much, much harder to part with (I'd never, ever, ever sell it if it wasn't slabbed.)

:)

I think the signed ones you are talking about that get blue labels are ones with the signatures on the inside cover. There are a lot of those.

That is my feeling as well. Eastman & Laird signed ALOT of the initial 3,000 print run on the inside cover, though there are ovisouly a good amount that have not been signed. From what I have seen, few have been signed on the cover unless a) its a sig series or b) it was signed recently with the last few years.

I dont know if thats why they still get blue though. Maybe they are still knocking down the grade a little? I don't think the 1 9.8 and 5 9.6s are signed so maybe there is a max grade this book gets if signed (most of the signed blue have been 9.0 and below I've seen)?

my book will be a yellow label! :)

I would guess that the cover with the sketches will get a yellow label if it was witnessed, otherwise if would get a green? Is yours a sig series, peasofcrap? To my knowledge there aren't any books that get preferential treatment, when it comes to autographed covers.

I think the signed ones you are talking about that get blue labels are ones with the signatures on the inside cover. There are a lot of those.

I think you guys are right. I was searching around and looking at other examples. Theres a x-men 94 on the Bay right now thats signed by cockrum but its on the 1st page and is a blue label. Thanks for clearing that one up. Now I wish those books I got signed in the 90s were on the inside page.

Anyway, heres the one I was looking at (stolen from my neighbor)

34665209116eafde038013209c93e53c3327cae.jpg

Edited by DevilsRain

hey guys.. been out of the comics scene for awhile now since by bro closed his comic book store down year back.. lookin through my old comics.. i have the TMNT #1 special deluxe edition hardcover.. which is signed by eastman and laird #'d out of 500. not graded but looks to be in excellent condition. how much do you think this is worth? thanks for the help!

hey guys.. been out of the comics scene for awhile now since by bro closed his comic book store down year back.. lookin through my old comics.. i have the TMNT #1 special deluxe edition hardcover.. which is signed by eastman and laird #'d out of 500. not graded but looks to be in excellent condition. how much do you think this is worth? thanks for the help!

That book normally fecthes around $100-$150. Recently though, one sold for $250 which is the highest ive ever seen it sell for so there may be some upward movement.

Other than the #3 which seems to have a bunch of double covers, anyone know of any other issues that have double covers.

By the way, cool double cover #1 TMNTterminator

yea, the #3 is a pretty "common" double cover for the series. I've only seen two other books with double covers: Raphael 1st print and #1 2nd print. I've only seen 1 copy of each book before and I own both of them. Needless to say if I have one of each theres probably more but how many I have no clue

Heres my raphael double cover:

Raphael.jpg

That is my feeling as well. Eastman & Laird signed ALOT of the initial 3,000 print run on the inside cover, though there are ovisouly a good amount that have not been signed. From what I have seen, few have been signed on the cover unless a) its a sig series or b) it was signed recently with the last few years.

I dont know if thats why they still get blue though. Maybe they are still knocking down the grade a little? I don't think the 1 9.8 and 5 9.6s are signed so maybe there is a max grade this book gets if signed (most of the signed blue have been 9.0 and below I've seen)?

As far as I know, if a book has a blue label with an interior signature, it has taken a hit in grade. You can do the same with sigs on the cover but I think those will take a much bigger hit for the universal label.

I thought I had posted in this thread before, but I guess it must have been somewhere else.

Here's my 2nd print copy that has been signed, sketched and colored on :)

IMGP1080.jpg

and I can't resist posting my Raphael #1 as well :)

IMGP1078.jpg

Both books purchased from forum members!