• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

Thank-you and yes it was.

I just have never had my hands on a raw #1 that would cone back better than an 9.0 So I can not fathom your elation on seeing that show up at your door!!!!

Way more suspenseful and gratifying than a bidding war. (Granted I did have some suspense upon my Wife finally hearing how much I paid a couple months after!)

I just have never had my hands on a raw #1 that would cone back better than an 9.0 So I can not fathom your elation on seeing that show up at your door!!!!

Way more suspenseful and gratifying than a bidding war. (Granted I did have some suspense upon my Wife finally hearing how much I paid a couple months after!)

Yea in all honestly I thought the book was a 9.2 tops, but all three graders gave it a 9.4, so what the heck do I know. I did not call before to find out the grade, so it was really exciting to open the box and see a 9.4! The white pages was icing on the cake too!

As for YOUR book, honestly I think the premium you paid was well deserved. That white page, signed and sketched copy is without a doubt the nicest copy I have seen for sale. Not only is the book incredible, but so is the history. At some point, some person is going to pay AT LEAST 2x's what you did to get a 9.8 and it wont look any better. The only difference is you have 2 signatures and original artwork in yours that you are 99% certain is authentic. My kind of book :thumbsup:

I just realized after reading some of the most recent posts in here (TUBULAR BOOKS BTW GUYS!) - I don't think I ever posted my "baby" in the club.

tmnt1ga5.jpg

I simply :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: your copy...

Yea in all honestly I thought the book was a 9.2 tops, but all three graders gave it a 9.4, so what the heck do I know. I did not call before to find out the grade, so it was really exciting to open the box and see a 9.4! The white pages was icing on the cake too!

As for YOUR book, honestly I think the premium you paid was well deserved. That white page, signed and sketched copy is without a doubt the nicest copy I have seen for sale. Not only is the book incredible, but so is the history. At some point, some person is going to pay AT LEAST 2x's what you did to get a 9.8 and it wont look any better. The only difference is you have 2 signatures and original artwork in yours that you are 99% certain is authentic. My kind of book :thumbsup:

That even makes your comic more grand! Thinking a lower grade....and than find out three for three at the "round table" for designating it halfa grade higher..... :whee:

Thank-you for fivin my purchase. As Danny knows I wanted one for the longest time and an all white 9.6 was too much to resist at that time. (though as I discussed I was a bit disheartened at the last LOW sale on one) And part of pulling the trigger on this one did come into fruition a little easier due to the sigs. and sketches. Since Doug did send along that certificate from Metropolis stating he was there at the that Florida expo back in 86, when they both were "Herbie Hancocking" quite a few TMNT books, especially #1s at the event.....that was legit enough for me. :wishluck:

Was yours signed there?

........Danny, my main man livin at Terrapin Station, as you know if my kid(s) end up havin no love for our coveted mutated foursome....I can't think of a more warm n fuzzy, a more honorable and appropriate casa than yours. (thumbs u

That even makes your comic more grand! Thinking a lower grade....and than find out three for three at the "round table" for designating it halfa grade higher..... :whee:

Thank-you for fivin my purchase. As Danny knows I wanted one for the longest time and an all white 9.6 was too much to resist at that time. (though as I discussed I was a bit disheartened at the last LOW sale on one) And part of pulling the trigger on this one did come into fruition a little easier due to the sigs. and sketches. Since Doug did send along that certificate from Metropolis stating he was there at the that Florida expo back in 86, when they both were "Herbie Hancocking" quite a few TMNT books, especially #1s at the event.....that was legit enough for me. :wishluck:

Was yours signed there?

........Danny, my main man livin at Terrapin Station, as you know if my kid(s) end up havin no love for our coveted mutated foursome....I can't think of a more warm n fuzzy, a more respecting and appropriate casa than yours. (thumbs u

My book was actually signed at the San Diego Comic Con. I am guessing the 1984, but the owner did not remember exactly. The owner (who told me he was the original owner of the book) had a mylar company at the time, which he later sold to Diamond. He attended the show as a vender and thinks he remembers actually trading the book for some mylars. Funny enough the one thing the owner remembers very clearly is Kevin Eastman's wife and that she was a penthouse model;)

........Danny, my main man livin at Terrapin Station, as you know if my kid(s) end up havin no love for our coveted mutated foursome....I can't think of a more warm n fuzzy, a more honorable and appropriate casa than yours. (thumbs u

:o :o :o:acclaim::cloud9::o:whee::wishluck::o:popcorn:

So how many #1s can we account for on these boards -- 50, 100?

In this thread we've only got about 20... I just went through and counted all the first prints that were posted... Would love to know just how many and in what approximate grades rabidwolf has...

Here's what I found:

User Min Grade Max Grade Graded Notes

RockMyAmadeus 9.2 9.4 FALSE

Mr.Comicbook 0 10 FALSE

Jeffreykli 9.2 9.2 TRUE

TMNT 9 9 TRUE

cyberjad 9.4 9.4 TRUE

SlinginWeb 7 7 FALSE SS

DetroitMike 9.4 9.4 TRUE

DevilsRain (neighbor) 7.5 7.5 TRUE

DevilsRain 7.5 7.5 TRUE

Archon_Turtle 7 7 TRUE

lookwhoitis 7 7 TRUE

Mac Man 6 6 TRUE

iggy 0 10 FALSE

Peter Palmer 0 10 FALSE

rabidwolf 0 10 FALSE has "a few"

chainnball 0 10 FALSE

icculus308win 9.6 9.6 TRUE

Schmakt 9 9 TRUE slight (A) color touch

Good job there! I just realized I haven't posted my 9.2 in here (no longer have that 9). I shall have to remedy that...

And while this lists covers that have posted in this thread, I know there's plenty of other boardies who don't post here have some and also a few raw copies as well. I'd probably put the total topping out closer to 40 or so copies.

everyone's a critic ;)

Table is updated with TMNT's upgrade and telerites copy added...

and I changed the "Graded" column to "slabbed"... T/F make more sense now?

Anyone remember what Peter Palmer's copy graded as? His photobucket images are gone...

(sorry SW - dunno why I had yours marked as "Raw SS")

User Min Grade Max Grade Slabbed Notes
RockMyAmadeus 9.2 9.4 FALSE
Mr.Comicbook 0 10 FALSE
Jeffreykli 9.2 9.2 TRUE
TMNT 9.2 9.2 TRUE
cyberjad 9.4 9.4 TRUE
SlinginWeb 7 7 TRUE SS
DetroitMike 9.4 9.4 TRUE
DevilsRain (neighbor) 7.5 7.5 TRUE
DevilsRain 7.5 7.5 TRUE
Archon_Turtle 7 7 TRUE
lookwhoitis 7 7 TRUE