• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

That book is no joke ....... people can play the "if it wasn't scarce......" line of horsedung all they want, but all that carp just sounds like "If the sun didn't shine, it wouldn't light up the sky....". GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That book is no joke ....... people can play the "if it wasn't scarce......" line of horsedung all they want, but all that carp just sounds like "If the sun didn't shine, it wouldn't light up the sky....". GOD BLESS....

Totally agree jimbo. This is a key, and makes Marvel SA keys look as plentiful as NM98s by comparison.

Wonder what a 9.6 is good for these days? hm

Totally agree jimbo. This is a key, and makes Marvel SA keys look as plentiful as NM98s by comparison.

Okay so there's 21, 9.8's and still only 39, 9.6's.

If a 9.8 can go for $27k+, would you even think about letting an also-tough 9.6 go for less than $13k at this point ? Especially since so many 9.6 books are a whisper and a press away from being a 9.8? (shrug)

-J.

If a 9.8 can go for $27k+, would you even think about letting an also-tough 9.6 go for less than $13k at this point ? Especially since so many 9.6 books are a whisper and a press away from being a 9.8? (shrug)

-J.

Agreed.Too bad so few TMNT sales are making it to GPA. Hopefully this sale will have the "raises all boats" effect. Still have my 8.5 that I wouldn't mind moving.

-J.

... what surprises me is that is ALL they go for........ we used to babysit a kid while her Mom worked..... she named one of our box turtles after a TMNT character.... I think she was 8 or 9 at the time...... just a few years ago. GOD BLESS...

-J.

Agreed.Too bad so few TMNT sales are making it to GPA. Hopefully this sale will have the "raises all boats" effect. Still have my 8.5 that I wouldn't mind moving.

That 9.6 in your sig line is pretty impressive,too much for my blood. I'll stick with my 8.0 :shy:

-J.

That 9.6 in your sig line is pretty impressive,too much for my blood. I'll stick with my 8.0 :shy:

:foryou:

That one's a keeper for the forseeable future.

8.0's gotta be $3k++ right now.

Yup, last GPA sale for an 8.0 was $3228. :o

-J.

Pricey, yes. I bet though that 9.6 is just stunning in hand. :cloud9:

-J.

.... a slow steady rise....... typical growth pattern for a real key..... GOD BLESS...

-J.

People who didn't buy your 8.5 when you had it for sale on the boards last year should be kicking themselves right now. :tonofbricks:

-J.

-J.

Pricey, yes. I bet though that 9.6 is just stunning in hand. :cloud9:

It be. And big, It's like Fat Albert. Can't stay in the same place as the rest of the Cosby kids. (Can we still say that name? (shrug) )

-J.

.... a slow steady rise....... typical growth pattern for a real key..... GOD BLESS...

You know it brother. Steep is scary, shallow is merry.

-J.

People who didn't buy your 8.5 when you had it for sale on the boards last year should be kicking themselves right now. :tonofbricks:

-J.

Yeah, especially 'cause it's got sigs. Always a bit of a premium with sigs.

-J.

-J.

Yeah, especially 'cause it's got sigs. Always a bit of a premium with sigs.

That book would do well in a c link or CC auction. Even with the vig.

And although I understand the theorizing behind saying that NM 98 or ASM 300 are the "top copper keys" based on sales volume, its hard to argue with a book that is barely 30 years old, selling for nearly 30 grand.

-J.

What are CC's fees?

I've heard that argument, but don't buy it. If sales volume were the only criteria, sure, but that would be ridiculous. Top selling? Sure, like Camry and Accord.

TMNT1 is an Aston Martin Vanquish. :headbang:

What are CC's fees?

I've heard that argument, but don't buy it. If sales volume were the only criteria, sure, but that would be ridiculous. Top selling? Sure, like Camry and Accord.

TMNT1 is an Aston Martin Vanquish. :headbang:

I think comic link at CC both take 10%. Less if you bring multiple high end books to the table.

-J.