• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

What are CC's fees?

I've heard that argument, but don't buy it. If sales volume were the only criteria, sure, but that would be ridiculous. Top selling? Sure, like Camry and Accord.

TMNT1 is an Aston Martin Vanquish. :headbang:

I think comic link at CC both take 10%. Less if you bring multiple high end books to the table.

-J.

Same as ebay.

I think I actually prefer having the signature(s) on the slab...kind of the best of both worlds. You're getting their signature but you're not altering the book itself in any permanent way. I wish they did Sig. Series labels with a sealed panel on the front of the slab for signatures (instead of signing the actual book).

I think I agree with this as well, keeping the book in original condition yet still getting a signature at the same time without running the gauntlet of regrading. It certainly would be nice to have like a signature sleeve of sorts as an attachment to the case that would still give the tick of approval from CGC.

Sucker is George Jefferson-ing again... :whee:

We'll see if it can get to the $22k+ it has gotten in comic link auctions the last couple times.

...except this sale WILL show up on GPA. :banana:

-J.

How long until it does? Not there yet. (shrug)

CC isn't like ebay where GPA extracts the data daily.

It's packaged by Metro and sent to them in bulk I believe. It could take weeks to show up.

Also, if the buyer doesn't pay, it won't show up on GPA either.

-J.

We'll see if it can get to the $22k+ it has gotten in comic link auctions the last couple times.

-J.

It's packaged by Metro and sent to them in bulk I believe. It could take weeks to show up.

-J.

I think this is the case (thumbs u I was waiting for the 9.8 IH181 to hit the GPA. I missed the results.

-J.

-J.

I think this is the case (thumbs u I was waiting for the 9.8 IH181 to hit the GPA. I missed the results.

That hulk 181 went for $13k and some change. (thumbs u

-J.

Ok, complete long shot...but would anyone happen to have or be selling a TMNT #1 1st Printing CGC 9.8? Yes I know bloody unlikely... I have been trying to track one down for years and keep missing out in the auctions. Gutted!

If one comes up or you fancy selling let me know...!

Nick

-J.

-J.

Weeks! In this day and age?

kijinnmaru-inconceivable.jpg

just got one back from cgc. it was a cgc 9.4 qualified. i sent it to cbcs and got the inside signature verified, then, when i got that back--sent it to cgc for recert! see for your self. It is going for sale on heritage auction's new your auction May 13th. I think they did a great job!

before:

TMNT%201%209.4Q_zpsq0ll0rgz.jpg

after:

tmnt%201%20front%20copy_zpsp1to1dql.jpg

tmnt%201%20back%20copy_zpszf57obh4.jpg

tmnt%201%20inside%20fc%20copy_zpsnthtkmw7.jpg

turtles%20cgc%20bar%20copy_zpsmjnrpwif.jpg

cheers!

just got one back from cgc. it was a cgc 9.4 qualified. i sent it to cbcs and got the inside signature verified, then, when i got that back--sent it to cgc for recert! see for your self. It is going for sale on heritage auction's new your auction May 13th. I think they did a great job!

Does it come with paperwork from the the verification? Only reason I ask is cause CGC wouldn't have even looked at that paperwork so be a good piece to accompany the slab.

Why was it a green label? CGC doesn't need cert to blue label the book, the sigs are on the inside.

Purely a guess this was a relatively old book based on the serial number and they adjusted their policy there afterwards that inside = blue...outside = green

Edited by iceman399

Anytime I've gotten anything from heritage I got all paperwork that went with it. I was emailed a copy of cbcs's receipt. But I never got a picture of it in a cbcs slab. It was just sent up to cgc for regrading and receiving a blue label. But, I know it was pressed and the reason it was green label was because no cgc authority had witnessed the signature. Cbcs analyzes that and confirms it to be a true signature. Basically cbcs verified it was a true set of signatures and the we sent it to cgc for a blue label because that is the industry standard and will bring a better and higher price for resale. Only cost me $70.00 so far. Plus my 2% at end of auction.

Anytime I've gotten anything from heritage I got all paperwork that went with it. I was emailed a copy of cbcs's receipt. But I never got a picture of it in a cbcs slab. It was just sent up to cgc for regrading and receiving a blue label. But, I know it was pressed and the reason it was green label was because no cgc authority had witnessed the signature. Cbcs analyzes that and confirms it to be a true signature. Basically cbcs verified it was a true set of signatures and the we sent it to cgc for a blue label because that is the industry standard and will bring a better and higher price for resale. Only cost me $70.00 so far. Plus my 2% at end of auction.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the process and it is definitely a cool book, but there is absolutely no chance CGC looked at any "authentication" paperwork you received from CBCS with regard to those signatures.

Iceman is right , as to the policy change at CGC explaining the new label colour.

And it was also wise of you to sell it in a CGC slab, you will realize a higher return.

2% seller auction fees at Heritage ? :roflmao:

-J.