• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,735 posts in this topic

:shrug: HA negotiates sellers fees. You just have to have a good relationship with them and be bringing them quality material.

The most I've heard of them doing is splitting some of the "buyers' premium" vig....

-J.

I can 100% assure you they will work with you on everything, if you have the right relationship.

:shrug: HA negotiates sellers fees. You just have to have a good relationship with them and be bringing them quality material.

The most I've heard of them doing is splitting some of the "buyers' premium" vig....

-J.

I can 100% assure you they will work with you on everything, if you have the right relationship.

Heritage reach around?

:o

The fact that no copy in that grade has sold for that price in 12 years, the fact that there was no selling activity by that "seller" in over a year, and when they were selling things it was all fun parts and accessories.

It is most likely a hacked ebay account. Happens all the time with AF 15 too.

-J.

The fact that no copy in that grade has sold for that price in 12 years, the fact that there was no selling activity by that "seller" in over a year, and when they were selling things it was all fun parts and accessories.

It is most likely a hacked ebay account. Happens all the time with AF 15 too.

-J.

I don't disagree that it seems curious but having rare collectibles sell for much less than their going rate isn't unheard of. It is eBay after all...I bought my TMNT #1 1st print for $100 on eBay back in the day. Back a couple years ago, a lady sold two copies of Turtlemania Gold (one Laird; one Eastman) for $500 each on eBay (Buy It Now). Those books easily could have been sold for $5K+ each...she literally robbed herself of $9K. But they were authentic...she just didn't know what she had and one collector got the deal of a lifetime.

Could be the case here...I'd want to know more facts before I'd label this as fraud. But someone not knowing what this book is truly worth after 30 years of Turtles...that does raise the most suspicion.

If you have a CGC 9.6 and know enough to quote the census , you can also easily see what other asking prices are on eBay.

But it's the nature of the account, just as much as the giveaway price that raises the red flags.

Looks like GPA also scrubbed it from their records.

-J.

woregul from another thread asked me where Eastman and Laird signed my TMNT #1 and to put pics.

They signed on the inside front cover as they did back in the 80s. I've had the book since 1987. I actually got dinged on the grading because of the indentation it made on the cover. Ended up with a 9.0.

Here's the pic (if I can attach properly)

162297.jpg.449a2e01a4362571dff4a39a5036f973.jpg

woregul from another thread asked me where Eastman and Laird signed my TMNT #1 and to put pics.

They signed on the inside front cover as they did back in the 80s. I've had the book since 1987. I actually got dinged on the grading because of the indentation it made on the cover. Ended up with a 9.0.

Here's the pic (if I can attach properly)

:applause: