• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Metropolis homepage feature: Shop 100 Most Recently Added Comics

62 posts in this topic

Probably the most repeated request Metropolis has heard over the years from collectors is the desire to search recently added comics on MetropolisComics.com

A reasonable request --eg. "Gee, I don't want to have to look through tens of thousands of listings every time I want to see what's new."

So, as Stan Lee might say -- because you demanded it -- check out the homepage. There is a COMICS ADDED TODAY section in the middle, and underneath it, there is a dropdown selection and link to the 100 MOST RECENTLY ADDED COMICS.

It's almost as if you're sitting next to Stephen or Vincent as they enter brand new collections and consignments into the system. Early birds - enjoy!

Ben Smith

---------------------

MetropolisComics.com

ComicConnect.com

ShowOffMyComics.com

ComicZoneRadio.com

Bid now on over 1,375 comic book auctions ending January 25th & 26th!

http://www.comicconnect.com/?surl=auctions

Consign now to ComicConnect Event Auction (Feb. 27th - March 15th).

Call 212-895-3999 or click below!

http://www.comicconnect.com/?surl=eventAuction

Why does metro even have an make offer button?

"Because we demanded it"?

One might think if Metro put half as much time, money and effort into scanning, pricing and entering the books they already own as they do with all of these e-initiatives, they'd be a lot better off.

One might. Then again, one might not

I have picked up many books via the make an offer (shrug)

Yeah but they know the way you roll, Ferrari fan...

:makepoint:

I have picked up many books via the make an offer (shrug)

What was the lowest offer (percentage wise) they accepted? I have never had any luck with a lower offer with them hm

Interesting question.

In my limited experience so far, I have found that I can only get a response to my enquiries about a particular book,if I go through the 'make an offer' channel.

I also found that they want $27 to ship a raw book of relatively low value to the UK.

Other Dealers tend to charge between 8-12 Dollars for a raw book.

This hardly endears new customers like myself.

I am unlikely to do business with them.

Then again I doubt they will be losing any sleep over it, as they appear to have money to burn and potential customers to lose.

Its a typical example of a big organization wanting to look the bees knees with the pretty pretty website :whatev: with all the bells and whistles, but neglecting the important stuff...like say..I dunno..the Customers. meh

rantrant

As all Metro threads seem to go, the bashers and defenders come out and discuss all the pros and cons of Metro. For the record, I've submitted many requests for scans, prices etc. All have been answered timely. I am not some huge customer, as I'm sure Vinny would tell you. Every time I've needed to speak to Frank or Vincent it's never been a problem. Heck, even Steve has occasionally responded when neither were available.

That being said, I've told them a million times the same thing: small adjustments could be made to their business model that would do a world of PR good, generate some more volume business and avoid these threads where they get killed for their attitude. Refusing to budge an inch ever may get the extra dollar, but it also costs many, many dollars in future business with other customers. Word of mouth spreads.

I like Vinny -- sometimes, I scratch my head at the decisions.

inquireButton_ro.gif

Translation, "How much you got :grin:" or "if you have to ask you can't afford it"

No but seriously, congratulations to Metropolis. America's #1 comic dealer. :acclaim:

First "COMICS ADDED TODAY " next? skies the limit

As all Metro threads seem to go, the bashers and defenders come out and discuss all the pros and cons of Metro. For the record, I've submitted many requests for scans, prices etc. All have been answered timely. I am not some huge customer, as I'm sure Vinny would tell you. Every time I've needed to speak to Frank or Vincent it's never been a problem. Heck, even Steve has occasionally responded when neither were available.

That being said, I've told them a million times the same thing: small adjustments could be made to their business model that would do a world of PR good, generate some more volume business and avoid these threads where they get killed for their attitude. Refusing to budge an inch ever may get the extra dollar, but it also costs many, many dollars in future business with other customers. Word of mouth spreads.

I like Vinny -- sometimes, I scratch my head at the decisions.

I totally agree with what you're saying about the customer service.

For my part, I am or was a potential brand new customer.

I have no axe to grind and can only make a decision on how they treated or responded to me. My impression of them was very poor ergo I take my dollars elsewhere.

I daresay they have a large,loyal and lucrative established customer base.

perhaps this is the problem?

They don't see the need to attend to the new guy/gal unless he/she is after a mega book.

In my experience this sort of commercial arrogance generally comes before a fall.

At some point. (shrug)

I recently made an offer on a book listed at $550. Frank did come down to $495. However, the book was still a considerable margin over guide. In all fairness it is a nice, GA pedigree book. But, it was also a raw, very aggressively priced to begin with, not particularly in demand book that has been on the site for a couple of years now I believe.

I'm willing to pay over guide. I'm willing to shell well out over $400 bucks. But $495 was the bottom line. Simply too much to pay for that book so I took the dough elsewhere and bought something else.

Could they have made the sale to me at $450? Probably. And that would've still been a very aggressive price IMO. But instead of bringing in $450 and me having a nice story about how I got a nice book at a lesser price from them, they don't have $450, they still have a book sitting in inventory at $550 and from what I can assume, might be sitting there for another 2 years. (shrug) But like I've said in the past, their books and they can do whatever they want with them. Seems like they're doing just fine with their business model. Except for the throngs of boardies who constantly bash on them.

Viewed their site once. Feedback here has left me taking my little money elsewhere. I have 2 dealers I am very happy dealing with (Bob Storms, and Dale Roberts), some smaller local guys, the boards, and Ebay. I am totally content with whom I buy from.

And then there was the incident with Grinder. I think that was the biggest one for me.

But to be fair, there are plenty people who have good/gret dealings with them. So my guess is they are happy with their established customer base, and dont need to go out of their way to keep in business.