• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is a CURATOR COPY ?

141 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, peewee22 said:

The Curator AF15. I remember when it was priced at 35k as a BIN. It sat and sat and sat. It was in an old label then. Not my book by the way. I personally think it looks better than some 9.4s.

125.jpg

i feel like i should be wearing eclipse glasses to look at this one.   whoa.

Edited by Straw-Man

LOVE that Honey West Bob 🤤

Thank-you everyone for the shoutouts on my TOS #57 💐

Full disclosure:  

I was lucky enough to win the TOS #57 in 2009 off eBay of all places, with a winning bid of $8,100. And guess what.......it was an ow/w 9.4 old, new label. A very tightly graded 9.4.

Upon years of looking at it and scratching my head - asking a few fellow Boardies why it is not a 9.6 - and a few fellow Boardies asking me why it is not a 9.6, I finally decided to do it. I pulled the trigger August, 2015 I think it was and gave it to Matt & Co at WW Chicago to press. Imho it has the grade it deserved, now. It is obviously the centerpiece of my TOS Hawkeye/Blackwidow run.   

sig.jpg

Edited by Icculus308win
Fat thumb/bad spelling

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In hand, Curators are indeed amazing, very fresh, very bright, nice colors. Here's a few that I own......

IMG_3046.JPG

2601132055171.jpg

3001131353021.jpg

Did you pick up these mid-60's #1 Curators from Hauser back around 10 years ago or thereabouts?  Or maybe it was further back than that.  hm

I remember he had a slew of these mid-60's #1 Curators up for sale back then and they were listed only for around top of guide or a tad over.  I ended up picking up several of these from him including a copy of Total War #1 since I wanted to complete a uber HG run of this short-lived title.  Although it was certainly up there in grade, it just didn't seem to have quite the same zing and sharpness as the File Copy run that I already had for M.A.R.S. Patrol #4 - #10, as those copies looked like they had just come off the printing press.  :cloud9:

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Did you pick up these mid-60's #1 Curators from Hauser back around 10 years ago or thereabouts?  Or maybe it was further back than that.  hm

I remember he had a slew of these mid-60's #1 Curators up for sale back then and they were listed only for around top of guide or a tad over.  I ended up picking up several of these from him including a copy of Total War #1 since I wanted to complete a uber HG run of this short-lived title.  Although it was certainly up there in grade, it just didn't seem to have quite the same zing and sharpness as the File Copy run that I already had for M.A.R.S. Patrol #4 - #10, as those copies looked like they had just come off the printing press.  :cloud9:

Yes, I did get these directly from Hauser. I was a customer of Hauser and was even at his house a couple times. When I found out about this collection he got I was upset that he didn't contact me . Apparently Tom Brulato was taking just about all the Marvel Super Hero from him and there were only some non Super Hero stuff left. . He let me have fist shot at a short box of these non Super Hero Curators. I still have a few raws. They were mostly/all #1's, some cool esoteric stuff. I should have bought them all !!!!

15 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In hand, Curators are indeed amazing, very fresh, very bright, nice colors. Here's a few that I own......

IMG_3046.JPG

2601132055171.jpg

3001131353021.jpg

FantasticFour#23.jpg

So cool Bob. My fave pedigrees. The Curator AF15 is my fave among all copies (above and below). I can guarantee you the above gorgeous books are worth 10x what you paid. I love FF23, the cover, art, etc.

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

So cool Bob. My fave pedigrees. The Curator AF15 is my fave among all copies (above and below). I can guarantee you the above gorgeous books are worth 10x what you paid. I love FF23, the cover, art, etc.

Thanks !!!! I actually won the FF23 in a CLink auction last year. The other 3 came directly from John Hauser, all raw. Unfortumately for Hauser, he got the collection just before CGC came on the scene. He sold most of them raw, and as previously mentioned, most of them to Tom Brulato. Brulato started submitting to CGC early and got insane grades on these books. The Curator X-Men 1 got a 9.8 on the first submission. 

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Thanks !!!! I actually won the FF23 in a CLink auction last year. The other 3 came directly from John Hauser, all raw. Unfortumately for Hauser, he got the collection just before CGC came on the scene. He sold most of them raw, and as previously mentioned, most of them to Tom Brulato. Brulato started submitting to CGC early and got insane grades on these books. The Curator X-Men 1 got a 9.8 on the first submission. 

:whatthe: