• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is a CURATOR COPY ?

141 posts in this topic

Also, it's interesting to note that people were already waiting on Nelson's Ped book in 2003. If it gets put off just a little longer - long odds of that, to be sure - it can be published under a ten-year anniversary imprint

That's a bummer, do you remember the 2 issues you passed on?

Timely

No, that was such a long time ago. I just chalk that up as part of the learning process which I hopefully won't repeat the next time.

Hmmmmm. You bought the comics that looked better to you. What then did you learn? Was it something about yourself?

???

In terms of learning something for the future, I was referring to recognizing the signature "G codes" as San Francisco copies and not passing on them the next time a seller has them for sale at a non-pedigree price. Especially since I have yet to acquire a Tom Reilly book for my collection to this date. doh!

Looking back if I knew what I know now, I would have grabbed all 3 books without a moment's hesitation.

Also, it's interesting to note that people were already waiting on Nelson's Ped book in 2003. If it gets put off just a little longer - long odds of that, to be sure - it can be published under a ten-year anniversary imprint

I noticed that as well. Pretty sad that it's taking so long.

I noticed that as well. Pretty sad that it's taking so long.

Yes, sad is the word I was thinking of

I have a few Curator books, but this is easily my favorite:

I can imagine with all those blue inks that the book must look positively luminescent. :cloud9:

Edited by tth2

Supposedly, the original owner used the money he got from selling the collection to fund a sex change operation!

Not "supposedly" - it's true.

What would you prefer, sir? The best collection of Silver Age comics on earth or we take this sharp knife and.... The mind boggles....

:o

Edited by Hepcat

This was my first pedigreed comic, and I had never heard of "curator" when I bought it. I just thought it looked amazing, and I was able to research it (thanks to the cgc #) and saw that the BIN on the book was below where it had sold before, so I snapped it up pretty much as soon as it hit ebay.

th_TOS_curator_zps064266a3.jpg

I read somewhere that curators do have one distinguishing feature, which is some kind of distinctive distributor ink on the top. On mine, it's in the top left corner.

The FF Curator run was unearthed 2 years ago and sold off at Heritage. The books were insane: http://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+790+231+4294955366&chkNotSold=0&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=curator

apparently the guy who owned them had no idea what he had and the sleuths of the internet got the books noted as Curator.

I'm a fan of the Curator FFs, and attended the Heritage Auction in NYC to get a first hand look at the run and bid on a few of them. The cover stock on the Curator collection is the whitest and best preserved I have ever seen for early SA Marvels.

FF28Curator.jpg