• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who has eldon's books?

119 posts in this topic

This thread needed some love. Got this one a while back for really, really cheap due to the fact that it was labelled restored (color touch). I still love it and always loved this cover. Have to get the 88 to make the matched set at some point.

I call it... "My First Eldon" :acclaim:

JungleComics44.jpg

This thread needed some love. Got this one a while back for really, really cheap due to the fact that it was labelled restored (color touch). I still love it and always loved this cover. Have to get the 88 to make the matched set at some point.

JungleComics44.jpg

i like it. i like it alot.

JungleComics44.jpg

i like it. i like it alot.

Very similar to Jungle 88

6237144641_96fdee8870_z.jpg

i think that bats and robin-in-the-spotlight shot on the real fact 5 cover is directly pulled/reversed from a batman cover, but i'm too lazy to go investigate it further. at least here they changed the jungle lord's head.

I have known for some time, a bit of information regarding our beloved Eldon books, via subscription labels found on some Eldon copies. I just purchased these 5 copies a week ago, although I've known of their existence for quite a while. It seems that Eldon's last name is Hamann and his fathers name is John F Hamann. From the subscription label, it seems that they lived in Rock Rapids Iowa. Also written in the "T" on True Comics 66 is another name, perhaps his mothers. It's hard to make out, perhaps Ava, Iva, or Ira .... it's hard to be sure. The label on the True Comics 51 reads:

66 5M7 2Y 69 T

JOHN F HAMANN

ROCK RAPIDS

IOWA

For those who feel like searching for more information, please add it here for the rest of us comic geeks :wishluck:

true51.jpg