• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, szavisca said:

Baffling... if I had 30k I'd be all over it.

comic connect 9.0 at $5,700 with an hour and a half to go.

He raised the 9.8 to $40,000.  That was smart imho.

The 9.0 on CC sold for $5900.

13 minutes ago, GM8 said:

He raised the 9.8 to $40,000.  That was smart imho.

The 9.0 on CC sold for $5900.

He's lucky I didn't have 30k....It might sit a while waiting on the right buyer but I gotta think even 40k on that copy is a reasonably good deal now too.  $5,900 on the 9.0 is a strong price still too.

My small Turtles collection. Turtles 2 has signatures from Michael Dooney and A.C.Farley. I am now contemplating that should I buy Turtles 1 second print or third :/

Second print it came out before Turtles 2 and it has "small" print run. Books 2-4 are second print. Then again it is at least 200-300 dollar book which is kinda the same thing than third print and not anything like the first print :/ 

turtles1small.JPG

turtles2small.JPG

14 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

My small Turtles collection. Turtles 2 has signatures from Michael Dooney and A.C.Farley. I am now contemplating that should I buy Turtles 1 second print or third :/

Second print it came out before Turtles 2 and it has "small" print run. Books 2-4 are second print. Then again it is at least 200-300 dollar book which is kinda the same thing than third print and not anything like the first print :/ 

turtles1small.JPG

turtles2small.JPG

Go for the second printing if you can.  It has the same dark red coloring on the cover as the 1st print and as you mention a small print run.

if it is doable the 2nd print is the obvious choice.  i dont believe the 2nd and 3rd print are necessarily the same thing (though in relation to the 1st print i suppose i get what you say)  and as time goes on that will be more apparent.  good luck.

I'd go for a second print over a third. Third printing has a more pinkish color on the cover as opposed to the first and second printings' rich red color. Also, the printing quality of the interior pages is different on the third printing, it's "darker". Second printing looks just like a first printing at first glance. The only differences are the inside back cover ad (iron-ons as opposed to Gobbledygook), the tiny speck on the cover which is invisible to the untrained eye, and of course the second printing confirmation on the inside.

9 hours ago, rainmaker said:

if it is doable the 2nd print is the obvious choice.  i dont believe the 2nd and 3rd print are necessarily the same thing (though in relation to the 1st print i suppose i get what you say)  and as time goes on that will be more apparent.  good luck.

Yeah, I will keep my eye out for second print. How I see this if I use example  New Mutants 87:

Turtles 1st print is like New Mutants 87 first print  

Third print is like New Mutants 87 second print. Only difference is that NM87 second print is a 2$ book and there is people spending over 100$ for the third print.. 

Somewhere in the middle of those books sit Turtles 1 second print and what I am wondering is it closer to 1 or 3 print :/

8 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

Yeah, I will keep my eye out for second print. How I see this if I use example  New Mutants 87:

Turtles 1st print is like New Mutants 87 first print  

Third print is like New Mutants 87 second print. Only difference is that NM87 second print is a 2$ book and there is people spending over 100$ for the third print.. 

Somewhere in the middle of those books sit Turtles 1 second print and what I am wondering is it closer to 1 or 3 print :/

Print run on the First print = 3,250

Print run on the Second Print = 6,000

Print run on the Third Print = 35,000

Third print will always have a bit of value due to the fact that there are "only" 35,000 copies, which would still be dwarfed by NM 87 1st or 2nd print.  So it's the easiest of the earliest copies to get to own a copy of TMNT 1, BUT it is still rare.  I don't necessarily think the Second print will ever hit massive value numbers, but it's still a very "rare" comic, with only 6,000 copies.

I've got a few oddball TMNT items in my collection. I got this at a craft fair in Virginia, probably about the time it was published in 1992. My Arabic is rusty (not sarcasm), so I never tried to translate it, other than the print date - numbers are easy to read.

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.63c791b256f24128a3863e365af9612c.jpg

5a3460467107a_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.b51df973098a2734ec23ef75a2bcd091.jpg

5a3460488b4b7_thumbnail(2).thumb.jpg.e2186e86ddab51b35f073d1c6d187f31.jpg