• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

Wow fellas, I'm going to follow up that Monster 3 Variant and those Remarkable #3 pages (page 3 is bananas, and it looks marvelous framed) with some battle scenes that I recently created.  A guy reached out to me a few weeks ago saying that he had some turtle toys and that I had bought comics from his mother at a garage sale in the summer. He said he would shoot me over pics. I didn't think much of it. I ended up getting over 60 figures, almost all of them complete, a sewer playset, and a blimp.  I stayed up until one in the morning that night, playing lol Here is how far I got. Happy holidays too all my turtle heads! Peace and love! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 12/9/2017 at 8:39 AM, szavisca said:

He's lucky I didn't have 30k....It might sit a while waiting on the right buyer but I gotta think even 40k on that copy is a reasonably good deal now too.  $5,900 on the 9.0 is a strong price still too.

Nick Bridger's 9.8 is on ebay now.  Sitting at $23,600 .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-1st-Printing-CGC-9-8-1984-Mirage/352237593737?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

8 hours ago, jeranimal said:

Not so sure his auctions are real.  Take a look at his Captain America 1 that ends tomorrow.  Its the same copy that Metro currently has for sale.   :facepalm:

53 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

Not so sure his auctions are real.  Take a look at his Captain America 1 that ends tomorrow.  Its the same copy that Metro currently has for sale.   :facepalm:

It is the same comic, perhaps he's consigning that copy there?  

I've corresponded with the seller before and he seems on the up-and-up to me.  His ebay feedback is spotless.

3 hours ago, GM8 said:

It is the same comic, perhaps he's consigning that copy there?  

I've corresponded with the seller before and he seems on the up-and-up to me.  His ebay feedback is spotless.

I thought the same thing so I called Metro and spoke with Anthony.  Was told they have the Cap 1 in house there.

2 hours ago, Tsp99 said:

I thought the same thing so I called Metro and spoke with Anthony.  Was told they have the Cap 1 in house there.

It's tough to tell if it's all real. He has some items with buy it now or best offer, so I don't know. I was interested in his Fantastic Four #52 9.8 he had listed and asked two questions and never got a response back. One was that if he could post a picture with the book and his user i.d. so I knew the book was in his possession. No response back. That book is currently listed on ComicLink with an asking price of $90K and bids up to $80K (I don't know how legit that is). The ComicLink listing scans/pics. are the same used for the eBay auction. I don't think the book is worth close to that price anymore and it's not going to go close to that on eBay. But you would think if you are selling a book that was going to go over $30K you would respond to questions. I then noticed there were a couple books listed after I messaged him. So I'm a bit skeptical. Good Luck to the bidders :wishluck:

9 hours ago, woregul said:

$30100 for the TMNT 1 9.8 on eBay. A little low considering the recent 9.6 price ... or was the 9.6 too high. Oh well. It’s not for me to decide as both are way out of my price range. Congrats to buyer and seller!

That is lower than I expected.  Ebay is really not a great platform for selling luxury/expensive items.

11 hours ago, Ghostzapper said:

It's tough to tell if it's all real. He has some items with buy it now or best offer, so I don't know. I was interested in his Fantastic Four #52 9.8 he had listed and asked two questions and never got a response back. One was that if he could post a picture with the book and his user i.d. so I knew the book was in his possession. No response back. That book is currently listed on ComicLink with an asking price of $90K and bids up to $80K (I don't know how legit that is). The ComicLink listing scans/pics. are the same used for the eBay auction. I don't think the book is worth close to that price anymore and it's not going to go close to that on eBay. But you would think if you are selling a book that was going to go over $30K you would respond to questions. I then noticed there were a couple books listed after I messaged him. So I'm a bit skeptical. Good Luck to the bidders :wishluck:

His history of selling TMNT #1 1st Printings CGC 9.8 is interesting.  I've been keeping track of all sales for the past couple years.  He's listed at least 3 different copies: 0950071001, 1463959001 and the one that just ended for $30,100: 0202540001 (It's hard to make out it may be "75"in the middle there).

The 0950071001 was listed as sold on Comic Connect on 4/1/16 for $27,222.  Then Nick Bridger had it listed and sold on Ebay on 4/29/16 for $24,100.  That doesn't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

His history of selling TMNT #1 1st Printings CGC 9.8 is interesting.  I've been keeping track of all sales for the past couple years.  He's listed at least 3 different copies: 0950071001, 1463959001 and the one that just ended for $30,100: 0202540001 (It's hard to make out it may be "75"in the middle there).

The 0950071001 was listed as sold on Comic Connect on 4/1/16 for $27,222.  Then Nick Bridger had it listed and sold on Ebay on 4/29/16 for $24,100.  That doesn't make sense to me.

yeah, he seems to sell and/or resell a lot of copies.  His listing said he was saving up for a house (again).  I asked him about this specific copy and here is his response:

image.png.54fdbadf9346ef7e2e0d2c0e338a8e1f.png

35 minutes ago, jeranimal said:

yeah, he seems to sell and/or resell a lot of copies.  His listing said he was saving up for a house (again).  I asked him about this specific copy and here is his response:

image.png.54fdbadf9346ef7e2e0d2c0e338a8e1f.png

That's similar to other responses I've had.  Either it's all a big ruse or, more likely, he just has a boatload invested in TMNT #1 1st print cgc 9.8's.  Not a bad place to be IMHO.

30k not as high as I'd thought but not shockingly low... if this was a legit sale.  9.8s are volatile for a lot of keys just look at the history of Hulk 181 over the years.

More and more the 26k 9.6 HA sale is looking like an outlier... but TMNT #1 is still soaring in all grades over the last year, easily up 25%... still crossing my fingers that a good movie is made some day.