• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

Is it the same CGC # as the one that sold for $30.100?  What is the ebay item #?

Yes, looks like the same CGC # (0202540001) as his last auction.  Also the same one that is listed in GPA as sold in April 2017. 

image.thumb.png.6c4ab86317e9c8c131fa5dccae8294d9.png

And when I try to contact seller to ask him what happened, Very strange.  

image.png.a5c99ee76e13b143cda0c10dc4337329.png

Edited by jeranimal

6 hours ago, jeranimal said:

Yes, looks like the same CGC # (0202540001) as his last auction.  Also the same one that is listed in GPA as sold in April 2017. 

image.thumb.png.6c4ab86317e9c8c131fa5dccae8294d9.png

And when I try to contact seller to ask him what happened, Very strange.  

image.png.a5c99ee76e13b143cda0c10dc4337329.png

Not sure what to make of it all.  I sent him a message and it seemed to go through.  Will see if he responds.

On January 12, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Turtle said:

TMNT-NinjaTurtles.com

Check out this website.  It's a website/blog that's run by a mega-collector named Rich (stand-up guy, by the way).  He's the one responsible for the IDW #73 kickstarter books people are posting. 

Anyway, he's got all the information you could possibly want about any TMNT book out there.  The site is especially handy when trying to break down variant covers.  Have a look. 

@Subby1938 @rich_TMNT

Thanks for posting this Adam. Rich, I had no idea this was your site! I've looked at it periodically for some time. Great work and a big thanks, from all of us. There's a lot of turtle love on there. Are these all of your books? 

Also, if you ever do another Lawson private signing/sketching, I'd definitely be interested. He really puts some much into his art. 

13 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Thanks for posting this Adam. Rich, I had no idea this was your site! I've looked at it periodically for some time. Great work and a big thanks, from all of us. There's a lot of turtle love on there. Are these all of your books? 

Also, if you ever do another Lawson private signing/sketching, I'd definitely be interested. He really puts some much into his art. 

Yep, that's my site and I'm so glad you use it.  That's what I created it for - keeping track of everything I have (and to showcase it all - seemed a shame to keep it all stored away privately).  And yes, everything under "The Collection" portion of the site is mine and personally owned by me.  Pretty much the only thing I'm missing is Turtlemania Gold...tough book to get.  Hopefully the way I have the site set up makes it good for researching the Turtles comics.  Appreciate your compliments...I really do.  

Might do another variant at some point.  Will for sure announce it at widely as possible if I do.  Now that #73 is complete, next up is handling the distribution of Andrew's TMNT: Origin when that gets published this year.

20 hours ago, szavisca said:

So if I’m following this correctly ... what’s to be gained doing repeated fake sales on eBay that get cancelled?  Can the seller just say to ebay that the buyer didn’t pay and it’s all cancelled? Is it some weird business/tax scam?

I don't know.  His feedback is too good to be shipping empty boxes to people.  The simple explanation is that he flips these books and gets stuck underwater with sales below his purchase price or buyers that don't pay. 

3 hours ago, GM8 said:

I don't know.  His feedback is too good to be shipping empty boxes to people.  The simple explanation is that he flips these books and gets stuck underwater with sales below his purchase price or buyers that don't pay. 

Obviously I have no firsthand knowledge and don’t know this seller, but a pattern of reauctioning the exact same high dollar book over and over could indicate shilling.  Bidding up your own book with a fake account, then winning at a lower price than you want... then backing out on the deal with yourself to avoid paying ebay.

It's actually done quite a bit or you get friends to set up "dummy" bids to draw in dollars. I've been caught in these scams where it didn't matter what time of day I bid within a minute I was outbid. I smelled something fishy as long as it's not under 24Hours remaining in auction pull your bids under : bid retraction. You would be amazed how fast seller contacted me . I refused to bid again auction ended. 

person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags!!!

I can vouch for Nick in terms of him being the buyer, but I have never dealt with him as a seller. If he is really having troubles with finalizing large sales on eBay, maybe he should try selling on the boards. I am sure there is a taker here somewhere for a TMNT 1 1st 9.8 :)

12 hours ago, szavisca said:

Obviously I have no firsthand knowledge and don’t know this seller, but a pattern of reauctioning the exact same high dollar book over and over could indicate shilling.  Bidding up your own book with a fake account, then winning at a lower price than you want... then backing out on the deal with yourself to avoid paying ebay.

I looked for that and just can't find enough bids/history on the bidders to draw that conclusion.  Also, he apparently has his hands on at least 3 9.8's over the past couple years, judging by the CGC #'s.  That's why I think he just flips these books and the trail isn't pointing to anything else.

11 hours ago, woregul said:

I can vouch for Nick in terms of him being the buyer, but I have never dealt with him as a seller. If he is really having troubles with finalizing large sales on eBay, maybe he should try selling on the boards. I am sure there is a taker here somewhere for a TMNT 1 1st 9.8 :)

Or Heritage.  They take a big cut but wow they find buyers.  The two who bid up a 9.6 to $26,290 might like an upgrade!

22 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:

Yep, that's my site and I'm so glad you use it.  That's what I created it for - keeping track of everything I have (and to showcase it all - seemed a shame to keep it all stored away privately).  And yes, everything under "The Collection" portion of the site is mine and personally owned by me.  Pretty much the only thing I'm missing is Turtlemania Gold...tough book to get.  Hopefully the way I have the site set up makes it good for researching the Turtles comics.  Appreciate your compliments...I really do.  

Might do another variant at some point.  Will for sure announce it at widely as possible if I do.  Now that #73 is complete, next up is handling the distribution of Andrew's TMNT: Origin when that gets published this year.

I think I'm correct when I say there's no other turtle site more efficient and expansive. Your list of oddball giveaways/promotional goodies is crazy. I had many throughout the years- Great stuff!! 

(worship)

Yes, that Gold is a rare one. It's a goal of mine to get one as well, and even though it's nearly impossible to get, I always have my ears and eyes open. What are referring to regrading Andrew's origin? 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, SpideyFein said:

I think I'm correct when I say there's no other turtle site more efficient and expansive. Your list of oddball giveaways/promotional goodies is crazy. I had many throughout the years- Great stuff!! 

(worship)

Yes, that Gold is a rare one. It's a goal of mine to get one as well, and even though it's nearly impossible to get, I always have my ears and eyes open. What are referring to regrading Andrew's origin? 

A fan named Andrew is putting out a fan-fiction book that was funded via Indiegogo.  He did something similar a year or two ago with a book TMNT: Odyssey.  Rich helped Andrew with the distribution side of things once the project was done and it looks like he's doing it again.

8 hours ago, Turtle said:

A fan named Andrew is putting out a fan-fiction book that was funded via Indiegogo.  He did something similar a year or two ago with a book TMNT: Odyssey.  Rich helped Andrew with the distribution side of things once the project was done and it looks like he's doing it again.

Thanks man. It sounds really neat. You have to applaud guys like that. Taking what they love and putting it into something formidable. 

26 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

Thanks man. It sounds really neat. You have to applaud guys like that. Taking what they love and putting it into something formidable. 

Yep, what @Turtle said (re: TMNT: Origin).  And as for my site and collection, I sure do appreciate your compliments about it.  I've collected Turtles comics for over 30 years and it is a fantastic hobby...can't imagine life without Turtles!  Just fun to be able to have my entire collection viewable in that way...for years it was just stored away and even I didn't know all I had.  

On 1/18/2018 at 9:34 PM, rich_TMNT said:

Yep, what @Turtle said (re: TMNT: Origin).  And as for my site and collection, I sure do appreciate your compliments about it.  I've collected Turtles comics for over 30 years and it is a fantastic hobby...can't imagine life without Turtles!  Just fun to be able to have my entire collection viewable in that way...for years it was just stored away and even I didn't know all I had.  

Love your site! Such a great resource and fun to look at it!!

59 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for mylar or mylite bags for TMNT 1-4? Or even any good poly bags that fit correctly?

I had to use magazine bags/boards when I had mine.  Thick backing boards and mylars.  Get the closing ones, no open tops else your newsprint on the top of the comic will yellow.

Safest bet?  Get them CGC'd.  That way you know the grade, they are insurable for their full value and they're safe.  If they have non-color-breaking creases it's worth it to do the full CCS/CGC in my opinion.  They know how to press Turtles 1-4 really well.