• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,275 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2018 at 10:38 AM, pubmonkey said:

Hello Fellow Turtle fans!

It's been a while since I posted and even longer since I posted anything meaningful (if that ever even happened) so I thought it might be fun to throw these ones back out on the 'internets'. I had originally posted them back in 2014 but since then photophucket went all fubar and so did all my linked photos (as you all have likely experienced).

turtlesc98_zps1954afef-2.JPG.8ed4b3d7e326d6fa9e39383c2793ea63.JPG

Not as pretty as looking at them from the front but how I see them in their storage boxes:

turtlesb98_zps97ede968.JPG.47c71ef6995747525225d03b251dbabb.JPG

1st, 2nd, and 3rd prints of #1:

turtlesa98_zps2ff0303f.JPG.a73a40323ffeb56d94cbf9983cce3672.JPG

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do...

I was thinking about that post you made long ago just the other day.  Feel free to post this as many times as you want,  lol.  I have em all CGCed also but not all are 9.8’s.  To be honest your post inspired me.

TMNT 1 first print 9.0 SS WP

TMNT 1 first print 7.5 WP

TMNT 1 second print 9.2 WP

TMNT 1 second print 9.6 SS WP

TMNT 1 third print 9.8 SS WP

TMNT 2 first print 9.8 SS WP

TMNT 2 second print 9.8 WP

TMNT 3 NYCC Variant 9.2 WP

TMNT 3 9.8 SS WP

TMNT 4 9.8 WP

Raphael 9.8 WP

Fugitoid 9.8 SS WP

I will post a group pic at some point.

Soooooo...anything new with anyone?

Seems like this latest "Turtlemania" bubble has really burst! I sold most of the stuff I wanted to downsize, but it was a rough go and probably lost some $$ overall in the long run. 

I will give the new cartoon a chance, but the art looks terrible, and I stopped reading the IDW comic a while ago as it feels like they are just stretching it out to hit #100.

I bailed on the IDW series as well. I found my mind wandering while slogging through each new issue so I realized it was probably time to give up. 

There definitely seems to be a suppression in TMNT values right now, other than issue 1. Interestingly, Usagi Yojimbo seems to be moving upwards in popularity.

I recently acquired some of the last few books I needed to complete some major sets I was collecting. So until I'm ready to shell out for a first or second print #1, my TMNT comicbook hunting days are almost over. Really just hunting for a #3 NYCC variant now.

On 3/18/2018 at 2:26 PM, nriccijr said:

Seems like this latest "Turtlemania" bubble has really burst! I sold most of the stuff I wanted to downsize, but it was a rough go and probably lost some $$ overall in the long run. 

As I'm trying to round out the vol 1 set i have, I'm ok with this, cause prices were getting a bit rough. That said , supply is drying up as well ... WHERE IS FUGITOID or Leonardo universal 9.8s :( 

21 hours ago, Hurtszick said:

As I'm trying to round out the vol 1 set i have, I'm ok with this, cause prices were getting a bit rough. That said , supply is drying up as well ... WHERE IS FUGITOID or Leonardo universal 9.8s :( 

I had such a hard time finding a 9.8 Leonardo.  I was looking for years when I was putting a run together.  No exaggeration, I have probably submitted and subsequently sold 10 different copies of Leonardo that came back 9.6.  In fact, the copy I have was a wedding present from a friend...so I STILL haven't found a 9.8 copy in the wild. 

I’m a bit confused by this slab:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-1-CGC-9-2-WHITE-PAGES-1988-STREET-COLLECTORS-EDIT/382412562891?hash=item590990a1cb:g:6poAAOSw2cVarCa-

is this an error? I thought the street collectors edition was a mini comic included in the fan club kit from 1988... 

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

I’m a bit confused by this slab:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-1-CGC-9-2-WHITE-PAGES-1988-STREET-COLLECTORS-EDIT/382412562891?hash=item590990a1cb:g:6poAAOSw2cVarCa-

is this an error? I thought the street collectors edition was a mini comic included in the fan club kit from 1988... 

looks like an error, you are right.

6 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

He delisted it. Literally just toying with folks...no intention of selling.

Yeah, but I was hoping the ended listing would still be visible.

4 hours ago, Parabellum said:

So, apparently IDW is re-releasing volume 3.  They’re going to reprint the original 23 issues and finish off the series with an extra three issues.  It will be available 16 May.  I’m in....

I read volume 3 about a decade ago and it really wasn't my thing.  It seemed too caught up in trying to be edgy and extreme...full of robots, lasers, and radical character redesigns.  A real product of it's time (the 90's).

Some people really dig it though.  I'll have to give it another chance.  Maybe this IDW release will be my opportunity.