• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, rich_TMNT said:

I concur.  Great collection!   My pet project for sometime in the future is to track down all the Archie TMNT Adventures printings.  There are so many.   

Thanks rich!  Means a lot coming from you.  I think there was at least five printings for the first 15 issues not including Canadian price variants and newsstands.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Parabellum said:

E563A889-75D8-4B7C-838B-5288EE33CDDC.jpeg

Great pics!

What's the background on this one?  It's the only book you posted that I'm not familiar with.  :$

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Great pics!

What's the background on this one?  It's the only book you posted that I'm not familiar with.  :$

It's the Black and White Graphic Novel edition of the comic book adaptation of the movie -script.  Laird and Eastman sort of did the art together on this.  Eastman did the layouts while Lawson did the pencils.  Then Larson, Talbot, Eastman and Laird did inks on the book.  There is also a full color edition of the same book, with a different cover.

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Great pics!

I actually know this!

It the comic version of the first movie, but this particular version was available within the 25th anniversary blue ray pizza box edition. Video of a unboxing here, its not me but this is the best i can do quickly. Which up until this moment i never realized or remembered there is a signed ketch in that box :D 

Edited by Hurtszick

4 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

It's the Black and White Graphic Novel edition of the comic book adaptation of the movie --script.  Laird and Eastman sort of did the art together on this.  Eastman did the layouts while Lawson did the pencils.  Then Larson, Talbot, Eastman and Laird did inks on the book.  There is also a full color edition of the same book, with a different cover.

Great information...and you'd be correct if we were talking about the original release.  However, the image shows that the book is smaller in scale than the original.  But you're bang-on about the original release. 

3 hours ago, Hurtszick said:

I actually know this!

It the comic version of the first movie, but this particular version was available within the 25th anniversary blue ray pizza box edition. Video of a unboxing here, its not me but this is the best i can do quickly. Which up until this moment i never realized or remembered there is a signed ketch in that box :D 

Thanks so much!  This is exactly what I wanted to know!

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Great information...and you'd be correct if we were talking about the original release.  However, the image shows that the book is smaller in scale than the original.  But you're bang-on about the original release. 

Thanks so much!  This is exactly what I wanted to know!

HAHA my mistake.  When I saw your question, the board was cut off up screen, so it looked full size.  After Hurtszick posted, I noticed that it's tiny lol

11 hours ago, Hurtszick said:

I actually know this!

THX for the info!

On 4/12/2018 at 11:06 AM, Schmakt said:

my goodness... some amazing collections... *dreaming* :)

I can't remember if I updated this little anecdote from years ago here or not, but here's this weird thing... (not sure why the label image is rotated...)

3rdKindFull.jpg

3rdKindLabel.jpg

What a cool item!