• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,271 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, GM8 said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:

I wish I could "settle" for a record price every time. lol

It would be a nice problem to have, no? However, this isn't a record. The Heritage sale on 11/17/17 of $26,920 was a record for a 9.6 (cgc # 1294883001). Still a nice price and ebay takes less of a hit on sale(and buy) than Heritage.

True, but if there's some distinction between CGC 9.6 with signatures and those without, the $20,000 for a copy without signatures is a record.

This one is ending in a few hours...:popcorn:

Current high bid is $15,361

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/063330/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-cgc-96-ow-w

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES # 1 CGC 9.6. Signed and sketched by both both Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird on the interior of the front cover (in pen). A perfect specimen of one of the most sought after books ever. Perfect centering, sharp corners, deep rich coloring, an absolute must have for any true TMNT fan. The key here is that it has Peter Laird's signature. Since selling to Viacom he is no longer attending conventions or doing signings so good luck finding a Laird signed copy again. It should be clear how extremely rare Peter Laird's signature is nowadays plus not only did he sign the book but he did a sketch as well. These books are incredibly hot right now and a super sound investment. A perfect example of the most sought after copper age book, we are thrilled to offer up this pristine NM+ copy. Ridiculously EXACT centering, sharp corners, bright coloring. How hot is this book? The last 9.6 offered for sale sold for $19,200 in August. That copy was not signed or sketched. We just sold a 9.2 in our last auction (August, 2018) for $11,251. Both are record prices in that grade!

1 hour ago, jeranimal said:

The 9.6 on Pedigree sold for $17,777

This one sold all the way back on 2/23/18 for $14,340 on Heritage lot # 91319.

Minus the consignment fee of 10% on Pedigree, this is a profit of $1659 or 11.5%. Not a bad return for 8 months.

Edited by GM8

5 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Congrats!!!

Did you think it was going to get a 9.8?

Oh yeah.  It was a solid 9.8.  There was no question...which was nice because typically books with black borders have a tendency to be tough.

How was the Laird signing?

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Just wondering if TMNT adventures 1 (the mini series) is rare at all?  picked up a Direct and newstand edition

It's not really rare but it is the first comic book appearance of Bebop and Rocksteady, which kind of makes it a key. I think there is also a price variant. 

3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

8DEB99F8-A472-455E-A342-5FB9FA4336ED.thumb.jpeg.1b367812fe29902b89343e8503ffb48d.jpeg

Won this Thursday night on off C-Link. (I finally own one 🤗)

Great pick up.

This edition is one of my "ones that got away". There was an ebay listing, mislabeled where the seller was just selling a bunch of turtles comics and I was bidding it as well as another person. We kept bidding it up to where it was obvious something was valuable under the surface. My max price was just outbid of course. Doh!