• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2019 at 11:12 PM, Turtle said:

Here's one I'm VERY excited to have in my collection.  It's an Eastman painting from 1985.  You can read a bit more about it here: CAF Gallery

547683469_PalladiumBackCover.thumb.jpg.8666356b2e2ec5b35857f915b4360880.jpg

(worship)X1000

This piece is off the chain!!!!

Surely one of the nicest old school group shots out there! A big big Congrats!!! 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, SpideyFein said:
On 4/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, Turtle said:

Here's one I'm VERY excited to have in my collection.  It's an Eastman painting from 1985.  You can read a bit more about it here: CAF Gallery

547683469_PalladiumBackCover.thumb.jpg.8666356b2e2ec5b35857f915b4360880.jpg

(worship)X1000

This piece is off the chain!!!!

Surely one of the nicest old school group shots out there! A big big Congrats!!! 

Out of curiosity, when would we expect the Turtles to have masks that aren't all red?

That would be in 1987/88 when the toys and cartoon first came out. To help the kiddies better identify between the turtles. In the comics would remain red, outside of the 1988 Archie comics (which were at least initially based on the cartoon so makes sense would have multi colored bands as well) 

21 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Out of curiosity, when would we expect the Turtles to have masks that aren't all red?

Since the Mirage books and original run had black and white interiors, they all had the same red colored bandanas. It was the Archie animated series, along with the cartoon that introduced the different colored masks that we all have become accustomed to. The animated series also introduced Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang.

Growing up in the 80’s, I wasn’t even aware of the red masks until I got into the Mirage books and studied their history.  My first comic book was TMNT Adventures 5, with “Man Ray”, or “Ray Fillet” as we know him today! Here is a sketch I got Andy on the boards by Michael Dooney back in 13’. It’s currently hanging on my office wall. 

3C2EED41-C727-4728-B808-C6FBD9F9A6E5.jpeg

Edited by SpideyFein

Very nice pieces, @EggShen4thewin

If I may ask, how did you come about the Campbell piece?  Mail-in commission?  Convention appearance?  Ebay?  I'd like to get something from her and I'm not sure where to look.

@TurtleI would contact BlueBandana on the Technodrome. He seems to get stuff from her quite often

@EggShen4thewin I love Stan's watercolors! They are pricey but very nice. I have thought about upgrading from a standard inked piece Or Usagi/Leo I have for a while

Edited by nriccijr

Hey everyone!

I made a really really large purchase the other day (I will share more when I receive it), which is a grail of grails for me (might be amateur hour for some here but I am very excited.) In order to fund it I am selling off most of my collection, except for some very special pieces. Most of what I am purging has been off limits as far as offers and selling in the past. Many of these books were acquired with help from boardies here so I first want to thank you for helping me with them, I really appreciate everyone here. These books did bring me joy and I hope they go to someone who appreciates them as much as I did. I have come to the point in my collecting where I would rather have way less small/medium items and 1-2 really nice big items.

Below is a link to my first round of purging. There will likely be 1-2 more waves.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/450933-ebay-tmnt-cgc-ss-books-lairdeastman-sketch-sakai-crossover-73-lawson-hand-colored-sons-of-anarchy-cast-book/

I hope to be able to share my newly acquired item by next week when it is in hand.

10 minutes ago, nriccijr said:

Hey everyone!

I made a really really large purchase the other day (I will share more when I receive it), which is a grail of grails for me...

@nriccijr Can't wait to see what it is.  Congrats on the purchase!   But, how dare you sell your Lawson hand-colored TMNT #73 to fund your purchase... it's a priceless collectible!  :o  Just kidding of course.  Looking forward to the grail unveiling.  

Edited by rich_TMNT

43 minutes ago, rich_TMNT said:

@nriccijr Can't wait to see what it is.  Congrats on the purchase!   But, how dare you sell your Lawson hand-colored TMNT #73 to fund your purchase... it's a priceless collectible!  :o  Just kidding of course.  Looking forward to the grail unveiling.  

LOL yeah I know I know.....that was a touch decision to make!

5 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Hey everyone!

I made a really really large purchase the other day (I will share more when I receive it), which is a grail of grails for me (might be amateur hour for some here but I am very excited.) In order to fund it I am selling off most of my collection, except for some very special pieces. Most of what I am purging has been off limits as far as offers and selling in the past. Many of these books were acquired with help from boardies here so I first want to thank you for helping me with them, I really appreciate everyone here. These books did bring me joy and I hope they go to someone who appreciates them as much as I did. I have come to the point in my collecting where I would rather have way less small/medium items and 1-2 really nice big items.

Below is a link to my first round of purging. There will likely be 1-2 more waves.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/450933-ebay-tmnt-cgc-ss-books-lairdeastman-sketch-sakai-crossover-73-lawson-hand-colored-sons-of-anarchy-cast-book/

I hope to be able to share my newly acquired item by next week when it is in hand.

Like I said on the 'drome, good luck with the sales!

I just got a small batch of books back which included a few more TMNT #1 homages.  

I've had the 2014 Insight Edition for a while, but the 2018 version is new.  There are slight differences between the two versions.

1280854756_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1-InsightEdition2014SS.thumb.jpg.6c808c73b7265759b792b5b42c62cb31.jpg

1364199229_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1InsightEdition2018.thumb.jpg.332ed881ac1ed70444253f8543ee0c4c.jpg

Nice...congrats!!

Be careful when you buy the 2nd print. I got them in the clearance section of B&N around Christmas for $10. They were not shrink-wrapped (like my first edition was....great book by the way) and when I got home there were no comics in the back. If you want one, go to the store and cherry pick the best condition comic.....or at least make sure it is there...but please do not steal them!

On 5/1/2019 at 8:55 PM, Turtle said:

I just got a small batch of books back which included a few more TMNT #1 homages.  

I've had the 2014 Insight Edition for a while, but the 2018 version is new.  There are slight differences between the two versions.

Nice!  Glad to see you were able to get them both.  Crazy stuff, huh?  And yes, just like @nriccijr, I also found some of the books at B&N without this comic in the back cover folder.  Sucks that people would steal these but...people steal everything.  And then try to sell them on eBay as something they are not.  

Good looking books.  

3 minutes ago, nriccijr said:

Well here it is.....got it in my hands today. I am very excited to finally own an early E&L page (with a turtle). I have been struggling with the decision to buy one for a while, but as the pages I liked started to sell I figured YOLO and got up at 2am one morning and pulled the trigger. One of my favorite themes in the series is Raph's internal struggles so I went with this one, plus I like the background and toning.

20190505_180419.thumb.jpg.abb6b417f3c3946930ddb4b9d2de8e2c.jpg

Man, awesome pickup dude. I've had my eye on those Raph #1 pages for a long time as well, just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Congrats!!

Such a great issue.  Nice page!  Congratulations on the great pickup!

Big Congrats!! Such a fun issue, really like that page with the cityscape as well. Great pickup. I need to scan my most recent additions as well, maybe tonight if I get a chance. Enjoy  my man!