• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, nriccijr said:

The only thing I can think of is in 14 when PL was at Shellback he had a book of head sketches. Maybe they didn't sell and he didnt bring them out again until his last appearance??....just caught my eye and seemed strange. I pray this is the case and there is no tomfoolery.

Or, PL accidentally signed "2014" instead of "2018" but that seems unlikely.  Probably what you said makes the most sense but it makes it stand out as something that's not right about it.

45 minutes ago, rich_TMNT said:

Or, PL accidentally signed "2014" instead of "2018" but that seems unlikely.  Probably what you said makes the most sense but it makes it stand out as something that's not right about it.

In 2013 he did sign a book for me and wrote "2003" :makepoint:

14 hours ago, nriccijr said:

He did something similar for me at one of the Shellback signings.  I think it was 2013 and he signed 2008...not even close!  The book he signed (IDW series with an Eastman/Laird cover) didn't even exist in 2008.  So it's certainly possible.

But I think what actually happened is what you said earlier.  He signs his work as he completes it and will sometimes load up a binder full of head sketches to sell at signings.  It's possible that someone got one at one of these signings.  As long as the sketch is picked up directly from the artist in the presence of a CGC witness, Signature Series is possible.  I'm pretty sure the date lines up with one of his appearances too, but I'd need to double-check to be sure.

17 hours ago, nriccijr said:

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

He did something similar for me at one of the Shellback signings.  I think it was 2013 and he signed 2008...not even close!  The book he signed (IDW series with an Eastman/Laird cover) didn't even exist in 2008.  So it's certainly possible.

Hmmm... So it sounds like it's rarer to have a sketch with the actual correct year on it! 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, TMNT said:

So final hammer 58K for the Gold and $8100 for the Silver...surely these numbers will bring more to light. Pretty cool seeing TMNT command such numbers. 

great googly moogly, I leave these boards for a year and come back to find this insanity... 

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:39 AM, kaylab said:

great googly moogly, I leave these boards for a year and come back to find this insanity... 

You got people all riled up by posting pictures of yours and then never listing them.  :baiting: You may have inadvertently caused this insanity.  :wink:

On 12/11/2018 at 2:37 PM, rich_TMNT said:

@Turtle Here's a list of the ones I know about from the past few years.  The first couple are new ones in the past few months in addition to the Frankie's Comics cover.  You may already have (or know about) all of these but just in case you don't...

- TMNT #1 Special Kickstarter Edition - available with the Munchkin TMNT Board Game Kickstarter campaign

- Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls (Eastman cover) - TMNT homage / parody available through Kevin Eastman's "Drawing Blood" Kickstarter project.  There was also a Ben Bishop cover for RRRR but it's not really an homage to TMNT #1 (at least, I don't see it as one).

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Cerebi - TMNT parody from July 2018

- Do You Pooh? (3 homage covers) - these were issued a few years back so you may already know about these.

- TMNT Vol. V #45 Ottawa Comiccon - from back in 2015

- Squarriors #1 Phantom Variant - 2015

- TMNT Vol. I #1 (IDW) Lego SDCC 2014 - from SDCC 2014

- TMNT Vol. V #33 Jetpack - 2014

I can check a few more off the list.  

Here's the Kickstarter version:

1257373638_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1-KickstarterEdition.thumb.jpg.2735711b236122031155649c51f0ca49.jpg

And here's ONE of the Ragdoll versions:

1014797310_RadicallyRearrangedRoninRagdolls1.thumb.jpg.ac85b6703ab14886fa3682a28ad1404e.jpg

Emphasis on the "one" because there's another raw copy that just arrived in the mail with the Ragdolls in the famous pose drawn by Alan Quah.  It'll get submitted in the next batch.  

On 5/30/2019 at 4:48 PM, TMNT said:

So final hammer 58K for the Gold and $8100 for the Silver...surely these numbers will bring more to light. Pretty cool seeing TMNT command such numbers. 

WTF.   That's azzinine.   I mean... I love the turtles as much as the next guy but those just aren't very good books content wise. 

23 hours ago, Bronty said:

anyone have a link to the turtlemania auctions?  I'll have to check them out due to sheer morbid curiousity

@Bronty  Here are links to the recent ComicLink auctions:

Also, I made a post recently on my site to document the sale of these.  

Edited by rich_TMNT

I'm glad you are happy with it.......the margins on them drive me crazy though, especially on #2. It would make a nice area to get signed, but otherwise it bothers my OCD.

What condition have the books been? Potential 9.8s?

Edited by nriccijr