• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nriccijr said:

I'm glad you are happy with it.......the margins on them drive me crazy though, especially on #2. It would make a nice area to get signed, but otherwise it bothers my OCD.

What condition have the books been? Potential 9.8s?

yes, all of them are NM.  You mean the margins are too small?

There seems to be a surge in reprints of TMNT 1 the last few years. I've avoided them all but I relented on this IDW box set. For some reason it's scratching an itch I didn't realize I had. I've also been drinking margaritas all day.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

There seems to be a surge in reprints of TMNT 1 the last few years. I've avoided them all but I relented on this IDW box set. For some reason it's scratching an itch I didn't realize I had. I've also been drinking margaritas all day.

Yeah, same here!  I just liked it in the box.  

On 6/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, nriccijr said:

I'm glad you are happy with it.......the margins on them drive me crazy though, especially on #2. It would make a nice area to get signed, but otherwise it bothers my OCD.

I'm totally with you on the margin thing...it's completely unnecessary and looks funny.  Why are they even there?  It doesn't make sense.

14 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:
On 6/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, nriccijr said:

I'm totally with you on the margin thing...it's completely unnecessary and looks funny.  Why are they even there?  It doesn't make sense.

Don't be harshing my mellow.

lol sorry

To me it looks like they took the same image they used for the reprints, enlarged them as much as they could, then filled in the rest with a black or white border. I guess maybe the original size/format images might not be available to them? 

On 6/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, nriccijr said:

lol sorry

To me it looks like they took the same image they used for the reprints, enlarged them as much as they could, then filled in the rest with a black or white border. I guess maybe the original size/format images might not be available to them? 

You'd think they'd at least be able to do a high-res scan of the original covers.  

I’ve had to sell off 98% of my collection in the past 8 months but I do have a few pieces left. I just framed these up today. Having been stationed in the UK from 16-18 I had to have these. Just took me forever to find a frame for the print. 

3AA91C07-523F-4654-8C5F-A262408CB218.thumb.jpeg.01c4c4647d03f8a4f90bf992ec166dd6.jpeg

Edited by SpeedforceKJ

29 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Not sure if you guys have been reading the Batman/TMNT IDW book, but was really glad to pick this page up recently.  Absolutely love the toning and look on these!

BmTMNTv3_02_16.jpg

Saw that page sold. Its absolutely beautiful. Congrats on the pick up 

That is a really nice page.  What is the breakdown for it?  Eastman did the pencils for the Turtles and then Williams did the pencils for everything else and then toned everything, including Eastman's pencils? @jaybuck43

Last of my original art that I still have. I’ll rebuild in time glad to still have these though. Last two are commissions I had done by Eric Talbot a few years ago. I sold my Talbot commission of Raphael and Leo but had to hold on to these ones  

C7C00062-3BC4-4482-A8BE-57BCA2B1231B.thumb.jpeg.822c84a9866b9f93f94d51b4aa4d3689.jpeg0C61AB06-BBF7-459A-83C3-FD2FEFBD5CE4.thumb.jpeg.a08f1e1c9c2398f85d1f54b9dfc00bb5.jpeg

2CEA96F2-EE28-4DDE-B617-6D54829F6D7F.thumb.jpeg.62f37d2b3bc672f8034fbe08222b9c3e.jpeg

26554CB0-A09A-4105-848E-AA1CC9C4CB4E.thumb.png.5d6cc19473a0f71cd64379d937302e5d.png

Edited by SpeedforceKJ