• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Anyone here going to Granite Con next month?  35th Anniversary shellabration for the Turtles, Eastman's only East Coast trip of the year, and all four '87 voice actors.  Sadly it looks like no CGC presence at the con :( 

35 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Anyone here going to Granite Con next month?  35th Anniversary shellabration for the Turtles, Eastman's only East Coast trip of the year, and all four '87 voice actors.  Sadly it looks like no CGC presence at the con :( 

I was considering it, though it's a bit of a drive for me.  On the fence.

I've gotta say...the TMNT VIP badge doesn't make much sense to me.  You can buy a VIP pass for $75.  You can buy a ticket to the TMNT Meet and Greet for $75.  Or you can buy the TMNT VIP badge with a VIP pass and access to the TMNT Meet and Greet for $200. 

It bothered my wife so much that she ended up e-mailing them and asking what the extra $50 gets you.  They wrote back with a "we will be putting together a package that will certainly be worth the extra money for the TMNT VIP Package!".  Maybe it's my skeptical nature, but I'm not quite convinced they're going to toss in $50+ worth of merchandise into the deal without mentioning it in the ad. 

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I've gotta say...the TMNT VIP badge doesn't make much sense to me.  You can buy a VIP pass for $75.  You can buy a ticket to the TMNT Meet and Greet for $75.  Or you can buy the TMNT VIP badge with a VIP pass and access to the TMNT Meet and Greet for $200. 

It bothered my wife so much that she ended up e-mailing them and asking what the extra $50 gets you.  They wrote back with a "we will be putting together a package that will certainly be worth the extra money for the TMNT VIP Package!".  Maybe it's my skeptical nature, but I'm not quite convinced they're going to toss in $50+ worth of merchandise into the deal without mentioning it in the ad. 

I thought that as well.  I'm flying in late Friday night  so sadly I'm going to miss the TMNT Meet and Greet.  So I just went with the standard VIP pass.  

If Pete was going to go then I would have gone, otherwise I have too much stuff. Doesn't Comics & Ponies travel with KE?? If so they can witness KE stuff at least, not sure if they would do others. You should shoot them an email. There will be a set of 5 Bishop variants released for $10 each, but I'm sure they will be available on the KE site eventually.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, jaybuck43 said:

@jaybuck43  I am going.  I'll be bringing the TMNT #1 Production Negatives for (hopeful) signatures by as many Mirage TMNT guys as possible (and to let TMNT fans get to see them in person).  I'm banking this would be the only chance to have Peter Laird sign them (if he even attends) since I don't plan to travel with these negatives again.  Also, the remaining 200 copies of my TMNT #95 BLANK will be at Granite as well.
As for CGC, as @nriccijr stated, Comics & Ponies travel with Eastman to most shows and they do the CGC for all of the activity at Kevin's table.  

On 8/2/2019 at 8:47 AM, Turtle said:

@Turtle I thought the exact same thing and the Con told me something similar to that as well.  No clue what the additional value is for the TMNT VIP vs. VIP Pass + TMNT Meet / Greet combo.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, nriccijr said:

If Pete was going to go then I would have gone, otherwise I have too much stuff. Doesn't Comics & Ponies travel with KE?? If so they can witness KE stuff at least, not sure if they would do others. You should shoot them an email. There will be a set of 5 Bishop variants released for $10 each, but I'm sure they will be available on the KE site eventually.

@nriccijr If Peter goes, I'm betting it won't be announced until just a week or two leading up to Granite Con.  That seems to have been the M.O. for the last few times Peter appeared with Steve Lavigne.  But, with Peter having announced that he's no longer signing stuff sent in to Mirage, he may be done with shows as well.  Word on the street is that Granite is HEAVILY pushing to try and get Peter there...time will tell.  I'm kind of leaning towards thinking that he won't show though...but, I hope I'm wrong. 

6 minutes ago, rich_TMNT said:

@jaybuck43  I am going.  I'll be bringing the TMNT #1 Production Negatives for (hopeful) signatures by as many Mirage TMNT guys as possible (and to let TMNT fans get to see them in person).  I'm banking this would be the only chance to have Peter Laird sign them (if he even attends) since I don't plan to travel with these negatives again.  Also, the remaining 200 copies of my TMNT #95 BLANK will be at Granite as well.
As for CGC, as @nriccijr stated, Comics & Ponies travel with Eastman to most shows and they do the CGC for all of the activity at Kevin's table.  

@Turtle I thought the exact same thing and the Con told me something similar to that as well.  No clue what the additional value is for the TMNT VIP vs. VIP Pass + TMNT Meet / Greet combo.

@nriccijr If Peter goes, I'm betting it won't be announced until just a week or two leading up to Granite Con.  That seems to have been the M.O. for the last few times Peter appeared with Steve Lavigne.  But, with Peter having announced that he's no longer signing stuff sent in to Mirage, he may be done with shows as well.  Word on the street is that Granite is HEAVILY pushing to try and get Peter there...time will tell.  I'm kind of leaning towards thinking that he won't show though...but, I hope I'm wrong. 

I'm honestly wondering if Peter is ok.  He hasn't updated his blog in about a year.  He's stopped doing signings.  I don't think he's made a single con appearance all year.  I really hope I'm wrong.  When he did shows last year they were generally announced 2 weeks in advance, so it's quite possible the same will be done here.    

On 8/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I'm honestly wondering if Peter is ok.  He hasn't updated his blog in about a year.  He's stopped doing signings.  I don't think he's made a single con appearance all year.  I really hope I'm wrong.  When he did shows last year they were generally announced 2 weeks in advance, so it's quite possible the same will be done here.    

I was under the impression that he just mostly spends time in Maine and doesn't go back to NOHO often enough to sign stuff. Seems like he is just chilaxin?? Steve still gets a few sketches from him every few months and sells them colored on FB so I don't think he would be doing that if he was ill????

1 minute ago, nriccijr said:

I was under the impression that he just mostly spends time in Maine and doesn't go back to NOHO often enough to sign stuff. Seems like he is just chilaxin?? Steve still gets a few sketches from him every few months and sells them colored on FB so I don't think he would be doing that if he was ill????

You could be entirely correct.  I bought one of his sketches recently.  It came out great.  My worry just stemmed from the fact that he wasn't posting much or coming to cons etc.  

On 8/5/2019 at 9:57 AM, rich_TMNT said:

Wow!  Take some photos!

Went to the Boston show yesterday. Early Turtles stuff is sky high. Even reprint issues, like issue 1 4th and 5th print and the later FCBD reprint, have crazy sticker prices. Like $50 for very fine copies. I saw a $1000 sticker on a Fine second print. 

Was good to see Steve and Dee Lavigne. I couldn't resist picking up the original blue lines for Steve's rendition of the issue 1 cover. 

20190816_213428.jpg

44 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Went to the Boston show yesterday. Early Turtles stuff is sky high. Even reprint issues, like issue 1 4th and 5th print and the later FCBD reprint, have crazy sticker prices. Like $50 for very fine copies. I saw a $1000 sticker on a Fine second print. 

Was good to see Steve and Dee Lavigne. I couldn't resist picking up the original blue lines for Steve's rendition of the issue 1 cover. 

20190816_213428.jpg

Next time you see Steve Lavigne, could you please ask him if he's still working on the commissions list he took at the Shellback closing a few years ago? I signed up for a commission, but I imagine that list is gone at this point.

7 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Next time you see Steve Lavigne, could you please ask him if he's still working on the commissions list he took at the Shellback closing a few years ago? I signed up for a commission, but I imagine that list is gone at this point.

He's definitely taking new commissions so I assume that list from years ago has timed out. Email him at shellbackartworks@yahoo.com

15 hours ago, Ryan. said:

20190816_213428.jpg

Thats a great piece. I really do miss going to Boston Comic Con. I would go every year when i was stationed out there in '12-15. Met Eric Talbot and thats when I got my first commission piece from him back in '15