• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

In celebration of TMNT Day, Jetpack Comics is selling TMNT Funbags* for $50 and $100 tiers, which are mystery boxes full of TMNT books and other merch. I bought a $100 one mostly because I'm bored and opening the box should kill three minutes. 

*teehee

5 hours ago, Ryan. said:

In celebration of TMNT Day, Jetpack Comics is selling TMNT Funbags* for $50 and $100 tiers, which are mystery boxes full of TMNT books and other merch. I bought a $100 one mostly because I'm bored and opening the box should kill three minutes. 

*teehee

Thanks so much for that heads up! I snagged one too

Atari325 - 

Truly appreciate the PM, very nice of you - made my day🤘 Unfortunately, you have selected to not be contacted, so I couldn’t thank-you via PM my man. Hope you see this 

Edited by Icculus308win

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 4:57 PM, Ryan. said:

*teehee

lol

Looks like I missed it.  Please report back when you open it up. 

32 minutes ago, Turtle said:

lol

Looks like I missed it.  Please report back when you open it up. 

Mine is delivering tomorrow. I’ll update when it does! Can’t wait to open it with my son

Edited by GLCBrad

Here's my Funbag take. The TPBs and some of the variants I'll hang onto. The rest of the books I'll move along. The two books I was happiest to find were the Ultimate Collection Vol 3 since I don't have that one, and the orange error variant of the Jetpack edition of IDW issue 1.

20200511_155958.jpg

20200509_100405.jpg

20200509_093030.jpg

Unpacked a box of early 90s garbage mostly but found this random TMNT sticker in there. Anyone know what this is from?  I bought pretty much any TMNT in that era so could be from a toy or book. Searches on eBay and Google came up empty. Measures about the size of a trading card. I’m sure the artwork was used elsewhere 

8E66542F-CE24-450B-A603-52B6396481CB.jpeg

DF8BE4AA-26D7-4D3B-A209-AFD9B613DA80.jpeg

9 hours ago, eselrod said:

Unpacked a box of early 90s garbage mostly but found this random TMNT sticker in there. Anyone know what this is from?  I bought pretty much any TMNT in that era so could be from a toy or book. Searches on eBay and Google came up empty. Measures about the size of a trading card. I’m sure the artwork was used elsewhere 

Cool! This art was also used for the cover of the direct edition 1990 comic book movie adaptation. It was also used as the box art for the first Gameboy game, "Fall of the Foot Clan" (1989 or 90?).

9 hours ago, eselrod said:

I KNOW THIS ONE!

From childhood (so memories can be fuzzy), I'm almost certain this sticker was included in the cassette version of the 1990 movie soundtrack.  I remember I saved it for a while because I thought it was cool.  Then we went to visit some family and it happened to be my cousin's birthday.  When he saw the sticker and said that he liked it, my parents insisted that I give it to him.  I reluctantly complied and watched him peel it off and slap it crookedly on his shirt.  :frustrated:

I thought I was over it, but maybe I'm not.  lol

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

A quick search on Ebay turned this up:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.214a9338073d9b4e4fa2d84471c143ac.jpg

and there you go!  Mystery solved haha.  Thanks.  Was really racking my brain on this one.  I was wondering if it came out of sticker vending machine but that makes sense now.  What could be more 90s than a ninja turtles movie soundtrack cassette?!

1 minute ago, eselrod said:

and there you go!  Mystery solved haha.  Thanks.  Was really racking my brain on this one.  I was wondering if it came out of sticker vending machine but that makes sense now.  What could be more 90s than a ninja turtles movie soundtrack cassette?!

So true!  I was DEEP into Turtlemania growing up.  I listened to that soundtrack on my bulky Walkman with like 8 AA batteries SO MUCH. 

Yo DJ...Spin That Wheel!

3 hours ago, Turtle said:
3 hours ago, eselrod said:

So true!  I was DEEP into Turtlemania growing up.  I listened to that soundtrack on my bulky Walkman with like 8 AA batteries SO MUCH. 

Yo DJ...Spin That Wheel!

lol I listened to it too! haha, but I think that I got the cassette but didn't want to "open it" haha, so 

I got out my dad's speakers (with my dad's help because I'm under 10 or so) and played the movie and used my radio to record the song during the credits......

I was going to memorize the lyrics and be so cool at school! :x 

Looking through the seller's history it shows several sales of #7 2nd print CGC 9.6 at around $50 each time. I wonder what sent the 9.8 into the upper stratosphere? there are 16 9.8 graded copies so it is not "super rare"...

Also noted is this copy appears in the TMNT volume 1 competitive set:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=1157390

...but not sure if owner is seller or 'prospective' buyer when it was added on June 7.

My best guess is someone found a high-grade stack and sent them in for grading, releasing them one at a time.  The early 2nd print regular size issues are notoriously tough to find, but the 9.8 copies of the #7 came seemingly out of nowhere.  There were 0 on census for many years. 

Good for the seller.  He was the winner of that bidding war.  I'd expect the next one to go for significantly less.