• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,277 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Good for the seller.  He was the winner of that bidding war.  I'd expect the next one to go for significantly less. 

Agreed, And I thought it had peaked at $850 the day before it finished. The next 9.8 sale's result will put this more into perspective...

I do find it a little disingenuous that people keep putting "Krang" in the listing. 

That is not Krang from the 80's cartoon show.  That's not even a character named Krang.  It's a random member of a species called Utroms, who admittedly served as the inspiration for Krang.  To be clear, this isn't even the first appearance of Utroms in comics.  They first appeared several issues earlier and even had cover appearances earlier than this issue. 

It always feels to me like putting "Krang" anywhere in the listing for this issue is at best keyword spamming and at worst fishing for people who may not do research thinking this is the first appearance of the character from the 80's cartoon. 

rantrant

Just looking at the sold item, he hyped up "Krang" in the title, the subtitle, the seller notes, and the item description, calling it a "Krang Cover" and a "Krang Variant."  4 Times he dropped "Krang" despite that name nor the character ever appearing in the book. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Woah, $1200 for the Krang variant. That's just krang-zy.

For you fellas south of the border that translates to $1700 in funny money here in Canada. Don’t forget higher shipping and then duty tax too!

Edited by pubmonkey

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I do find it a little disingenuous that people keep putting "Krang" in the listing. 

That is not Krang from the 80's cartoon show.  That's not even a character named Krang.  It's a random member of a species called Utroms, who admittedly served as the inspiration for Krang.  To be clear, this isn't even the first appearance of Utroms in comics.  They first appeared several issues earlier and even had cover appearances earlier than this issue. 

It always feels to me like putting "Krang" anywhere in the listing for this issue is at best keyword spamming and at worst fishing for people who may not do research thinking this is the first appearance of the character from the 80's cartoon. 

rantrant

While I agree with your entire rant, I do no recall the Utroms having a cover appearance before the 2nd printing of 7.  Which one were you referring to?

1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

While I agree with your entire rant, I do no recall the Utroms having a cover appearance before the 2nd printing of 7.  Which one were you referring to?

The back cover of #4 has at least one Utrom, I can't think of another at the moment...

10 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

The back cover of #4 has at least one Utrom, I can't think of another at the moment...

Wow never even noticed it, especially in the first print.  Always thought it was just the stomach armor lol

11 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

#4 2nd print too

And the first print of #7.  And that's just cover appearances.  No one tries to sell those issues by plastering "Krang" all over the place.  :preach: