• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

I'm curious about CGC grading the oversized comic books for the upcoming IDW series:  TMNT: The Last Ronin (#1-5).  The books are to be sized 7.5" x 11.5" which makes them essentially "magazines" and not "comics" according to the sizing guidance on the CGC site.  

Since the original TMNT #1-4 from Mirage Studios are sized about 7.5" x 11" and those are able to be graded by CGC as "magazines," am I correct in assuming that CGC would treat these Last Ronin issues the same as the Mirage oversized issues? 

I always thought the first cover appearance of Shredder was TMNT 10 ( I don't count the slight outline we see on TMNT1). But I realized yesterday that he's on the cover of Leonardo 1 that came out a few months before. So is that Shredder's first cover appearance? Or is this something that doesn't matter in the TMNT comic fandom?

6 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I always thought the first cover appearance of Shredder was TMNT 10 ( I don't count the slight outline we see on TMNT1). But I realized yesterday that he's on the cover of Leonardo 1 that came out a few months before. So is that Shredder's first cover appearance? Or is this something that doesn't matter in the TMNT comic fandom?

I can tell you that it doesn't matter to me. 

On 7/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, William-James88 said:

4th print of TMNT 1 would be first cover appearance.  2 years before Leo #1 or TMNT #10

2176391344_4332687a8a_b.jpg

Wow just learned from jimcas43 (TMNT Registry) a few minutes ago, he has “sold his entire collection.” 
He told me upon asking him if I could give some cash and trade a 9.8 #23 I just got back from CGC, for his #13 9.8. 

***Just wanted to let fellow TMNT Boardies/collectors know and be aware***

D38B1768-9790-4E84-850E-C61706CD915E.thumb.png.a8807bce6044b7a9ba3057407e703b0e.png

3987348F-EC35-463A-BC5F-40D25D641522.thumb.png.f6d54670b7b9b5abaa0e1e2f9cdaf595.png

C2AECF17-2422-4A67-96B3-9D7156F67AC8.thumb.png.0fdd91bc8b0aaa234783f4a99229c213.png

EA8FABD7-7A38-4EA1-9AF8-FEE5E8FA1721.thumb.png.4017fb0b41f0ac3d68db3315a8ec2a4f.png

Edited by Icculus308win

On 7/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, William-James88 said:

I'm late to this party, but if you want to get super technical about it, neither cover features Oroku Saki/Shredder.  He was killed in issue #1 and the versions we see in that arc and the Return to New York arc are clones comprised of worms and magic.  It's kinda like the Alien franchise.  Ripley dies in Alien 3, but there's a clone of Ripley in Alien: Resurrection.  It looks like Ripley and it goes by Ripley, but it's something wholly different altogether.  

...Plus both Shredder and Ripley have failed clones that make appearances.  The analogy works pretty well.  :idea:

19 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'm late to this party, but if you want to get super technical about it, neither cover features Oroku Saki/Shredder.  He was killed in issue #1 and the versions we see in that arc and the Return to New York arc are clones comprised of worms and magic.  It's kinda like the Alien franchise.  Ripley dies in Alien 3, but there's a clone of Ripley in Alien: Resurrection.  It looks like Ripley and it goes by Ripley, but it's something wholly different altogether.  

...Plus both Shredder and Ripley have failed clones that make appearances.  The analogy works pretty well.  :idea:

Lol that analogy just blew my mind, the Ripley factor.

Edited by Sonic77