• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

👍

So they are the same (can’t tell if colored diff) - just 84 vs 85. 
Well I learned something about these and obviously if 84s of Don and Mikey cross my path, I’ll make sure to pick up for you or let you know. (Totally get just trying to complete/completist and just hung on one or two remaining pieces.....time machine indeed)

8 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

👍

So they are the same (can’t tell if colored diff) - just 84 vs 85. 
Well I learned something about these and obviously if 84s of Don and Mikey cross my path, I’ll make sure to pick up for you or let you know. (Totally get just trying to complete/completist and just hung on one or two remaining pieces.....time machine indeed)

Yes, the art is slightly different in 84 vs 85, but the poses are the same. Thanks for keeping an eye out! The button set is really cool as well, I see it every so often on eBay. Good pickup!

1 hour ago, godzilla43 said:

Finally I can play and sing MC Hammer's This Is What We Do xD

turtles_notes.jpg

tenor.gif classic poster! I have a guitar if you feel the need for me to join in haha 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, rich_TMNT said:

@LDarkseid1 What he's selling is TMNT #100 The Fellowship Turtlemania Gold variant.  It's not a reprint of the original Turtlemania but is a variant cover for issue #100 of the TMNT Ongoing from IDW.  The reason for the high pricing is that there were only supposed to be 10 copies of this variant made available for sale (just like Turtlemania Gold).  Those 10 copies were all to be numbered & signed with sketch on back cover by Kevin Eastman and then graded CGC SS  This issue caused HUGE backlash from some in the Turtles collecting community because the creator of this variant (Sad Lemon Comics) actually printed 250 copies of this variant and destroyed 238 copies to get down to the 10 for sale / 2 for 'proof' or 'file' copies.  He documented this via videos on my FB TMNT page.  Many TMNT completionists were very upset that this one issue would make their collection incomplete (or more incomplete).  So, people were really ugly and mean to Sad Lemon unfortunately.

What then happened after the release of TMNT #100 was that these Gold books started appearing for sale ungraded / raw from two different sources.  Apparently, the artist Mike Vasquez received comp copies of this from IDW and IDW themselves had a stock of extra copies (they overprint every variant for their own use).  Many of these copies started leaking out and so there are many more copies than 10 out there.  However, the officially sanctioned 10 copies are signed, numbered, and graded with sketch on the back by Kevin.  

So, that's the rundown of what this book is. Hope that helps. 

Here's my copy of this variant (#2 of 10) - I asked to have Kevin reproduce the actual sketch he did on the back of the original Turtlemania Gold #2 of 10:

TMNT-Vol-V-100_Cover-RE-The-Fellowship-GTMNT-Vol-V-100_Cover-RE-The-Fellowship-G

Got it, super cool 👌

1 hour ago, Sonic77 said:

Here's my newest TMNT pickups for this month.  TMNT #1 is a 3rd print and yes that's a TMNT #3 NYCC Variant signed by Eastman and Laird.  That #3 is a major grail for me.

50227459716_749056c1ee.jpg

50226816208_a79ccd03d7.jpgr

Nice looking books, the variant #3 is amazing! 2 copies of Raphael too...sweet!

9 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

I totally agree. (Me thinks a lot of us agree) Such a great character and story. 
If your a Casey fan and don’t have one, I’d highly recommend picking one up

B1927BA8-F31C-416F-A067-E0705DF29C0A.thumb.jpeg.16edf7876c0dd49b6b6745c6912bd72c.jpeg

I prefer just owning this...

18180546770_b4f25e3d22_o.jpg