• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2020 at 7:22 AM, spracknetch23 said:

What a great page of Casey! It took a while , but it looks like the Raphael #1 pages on Eastman’s site are all almost sold out. Always out of my budget, so I have to settle for my Mike 1 page. 

4FE76BC8-82E3-4FBF-B8DD-EAC02AB46DAA.jpeg

Are those Raphael pages on his site the original art pages from the original Raphael #1?

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Are those Raphael pages on his site the original art pages from the original Raphael #1?

Yup, those are the final original pen and ink pages from 1985 that Kevin and Pete passed back and forth when creating the book. The original pages are so great in hand 

On 8/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, spracknetch23 said:

What a great page of Casey! It took a while , but it looks like the Raphael #1 pages on Eastman’s site are all almost sold out. Always out of my budget, so I have to settle for my Mike 1 page. 

4FE76BC8-82E3-4FBF-B8DD-EAC02AB46DAA.jpeg

Nothing to settle about there at all, my friend! I always thought the snow effects were so cool in those pages. I owned a couple back in the day but none now... Maybe one day! 

Edited by TMNT

16 minutes ago, TMNT said:

I only have one left myself... hung up in this spot of my Sewer. Here's a quick pic from a moment ago, you can see scans of the original art on my CAF. Love looking at Raph eye to eye everyday! 

20200822_184705.jpg

Ah, so that's where that Shredder piece went. 

3 hours ago, TMNT said:

Yup, those are the final original pen and ink pages from 1985 that Kevin and Pete passed back and forth when creating the book. The original pages are so great in hand 

Damn that’s soo cool!

4 hours ago, TMNT said:

I only have one left myself... hung up in this spot of my Sewer. Here's a quick pic from a moment ago, you can see scans of the original art on my CAF. Love looking at Raph eye to eye everyday! 

20200822_184705.jpg

Those display cases are bad . Got a link???

On 8/22/2020 at 6:57 PM, TMNT said:

20200822_184705.jpg

Very cool to get a glimpse of your sewer! Nice to see my old Krang animation cel in the company of such classic art pieces. 

20 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

That’s pretty cool! Never heard of that being done. 

I actually won an auction before the show and Rich Horn who posts on here frequently sketched the large turtle on the front of the blank cover. I think he said it was his first "commission" so I figured I would have the rest of the artists there go opposite handed so it would probably be a similar feeling for them as well. I think it turned out great and it was fun watching them because it got them out of their normal flow of signing for a second.

Would anyone be able to show me an image of the Second Print notation on a TMNT #2?  I have a copy that I bought as a 1st print, which I'd swear that I've checked printing on a half dozen times.  It's pretty high grade - sent it to CGC (hoping for 9.4) and it just moved to Scheduled for Grading with a Second Print notation.  Struggling with what to do:cry: