• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Got mine today.  Just for comparison, here's a scan of the book on top of Raphael #1.  It's a little bit smaller than the classic oversized issues, but still bigger than a current comic:

TMNT_Last_Ronin_1.jpg

What tier would you submit it? Maybe not "tier" but mag? Or comic?

:shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

11 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I would assume Mag; I don't think it would fit in a normal comic slab.  But I'm not the expert on that.

True me either, I thought it might be like the tick #1

Edit and I seem to recall the tick being in different slabs, my tick 1 is in a regular slab but we'll see :tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

True me either, I thought it might be like the tick #1

Edit and I seem to recall the tick being in different slabs, my tick 1 is in a regular slab but we'll see :tink:

Lol for the sake of comparison

Ronin is taller than the tick

But not as wide

IMG_20201029_185621124.jpg

IMG_20201029_185630556_BURST001.jpg

19 hours ago, BeardedBubba said:

I got my copy yesterday!  It's fantastic.  I hadn't been that excited for a new release in years.

The identity of the Ronin is revealed but I won't spoil it.

It surprised me that they revealed the identity so soon.  I thought they'd let that mystery linger for a while.  I also won't spoil it.  

One thing that puzzled me as a read it was that they explicitly laid out that Karai is Shredder's daughter...which means that this cannot be a possible future for the original Mirage run of comics.  In the original run, Shredder and Karai weren't related and she even seemed to be higher up in the Foot Clan organization than he was, only coming over from Japan upon his death which lead to a loss of control over the New York Foot.  

Where was Karai first changed to be Shredder's daughter in some capacity?  Was it the 2k3 cartoon?

Edited by Turtle

Hi everyone! Total cgc newb with a few turtle specific questions I couldn't find an answer for when I searched... I'm hoping to get some of the Last Ronin graded for xmas gifts to give some old friends but I can't figure out if they'll be considered comics or magazines. Any guesses? I noticed I couldn't find this series in the drop down when attempting to submit either. 

Also, I have one of the ashcans- it's got a couple micro creases.  Being so small (pages) would it be ok to have it pressed? I see a lot of conflicting info on how to handle low page count books and don't want to mess it up.

Any advice you guys would have would be appreciated. 

58 minutes ago, maunakeaka said:

Hi everyone! Total cgc newb with a few turtle specific questions I couldn't find an answer for when I searched... I'm hoping to get some of the Last Ronin graded for xmas gifts to give some old friends but I can't figure out if they'll be considered comics or magazines. Any guesses? I noticed I couldn't find this series in the drop down when attempting to submit either. 

Also, I have one of the ashcans- it's got a couple micro creases.  Being so small (pages) would it be ok to have it pressed? I see a lot of conflicting info on how to handle low page count books and don't want to mess it up.

Any advice you guys would have would be appreciated. 

It may be too new to submit, as for mag or reg, call cgc and report back! That was my question too, and I've been lazy ha

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It may be too new to submit

What do you mean? 

I don't really know other than too new may not be in the system

However if you chose comic and it's not in the system, it may be in the system under magazine? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

However if you chose comic and it's not in the system, it may be in the system under magazine? 

Oh I see. There's a manual entry field, I believe. I've submitted many first-on-the-census books and I think I had to write in the info hm

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
9 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It may be too new to submit

What do you mean? 

@maunakeaka looks like its magazine

But only the ash can has been added so far I think

3 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Oh I see. There's a manual entry field, I believe. I've submitted many first-on-the-census books and I think I had to write in the info hm

Ah I didnt think of that, I've done it with variants that aren't on the system etc, but never title, variant is optional and I see writing that in, didnt think of 1st to market books

But it "looks as though" it will be a magazine if its anything like the ashcan

20201030_162219.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

One thing that puzzled me as a read it was that they explicitly laid out that Karai is Shredder's daughter...which means that this cannot be a possible future for the original Mirage run of comics.  In the original run, Shredder and Karai weren't related and she even seemed to be higher up in the Foot Clan organization than he was, only coming over from Japan upon his death which lead to a loss of control over the New York Foot.  

Where was Karai first changed to be Shredder's daughter in some capacity?  Was it the 2k3 cartoon?

Oruku Karai/New Shredder, from the 2003 cartoon was adopted? or biological? daughter I think. 
In 2012 cartoon Karai (Hamato Miwa, or Miwa) is actually Splinter (Hamato Yoshi’s) daughter. 

Edited by Icculus308win
More info

2 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Oruku Karai/New Shredder, from the 2003 cartoon was adopted? or biological? daughter I think. 
In 2012 cartoon Karai (Hamato Miwa, or Miwa) is actually Splinter (Hamato Yoshi’s) daughter. 

It has been a while since I've seen the 2k3 show, so forgive me if I fudge some details.  But the Shredder in that show is an utrom, so definitely notbiologically related to Karai.  I'm guessing it's an adoptive scenario.

You've got it right for the 2k12 show.  In that one, Karai is biologically Splinter's daughter but was raised by Shredder.  I was surprised I enjoyed 2k12 as much as I did.  It had some good stuff in it...and it may be my favorite interpretation of the Splinter character. 

Edited by Turtle