• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Question because I’m quite out of touch with pricing . In a local shop to me I stumbled on TMNT 2 first printing in CGC 9.6. Price is 1200.00 Canadian . is this a score ? 

33AEA192-522D-4466-B38B-3B12BF079D68.jpeg

It is very much a score. A very good price as the last 9.6 sale on GPA was $1600us this month - with its 90day average being $1317us

(just corrected my post, I thought it was a 9.2 - not a good deal, but for 9.6, yes!)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 11/8/2020 at 10:11 PM, Subby1938 said:

Question because I’m quite out of touch with pricing . In a local shop to me I stumbled on TMNT 2 first printing in CGC 9.6. Price is 1200.00 Canadian . is this a score ? 

Heck yeah, buddy!  Take it and run!  A raw copy just sold on eBay last night for $861.  These books just keep going up.  I put off buying Raphael for decades figuring I'd get it eventually.  Now I kick myself.  lol

23 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I did end up grabbing this . The conversion works out to 920.00 US for cgc 9.6 first print . Appreciate the tips I had to ask around because these books have gone up very quickly and wanted to make sure I was paying fair market 

That’s a great price, you did good.

11 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I did end up grabbing this . The conversion works out to 920.00 US for cgc 9.6 first print . Appreciate the tips I had to ask around because these books have gone up very quickly and wanted to make sure I was paying fair market 

That's a great price.  Congrats on that!  

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I feel like I'm missing something...

lol probably not

imo it's that no one knows why the spike, and anything would be considered a pure guess at this point :shy: 

Not that the truth isn't out there or won't be found (thumbsu 

200_d.gif and I was just funnin for the fun of funnin' :tink: 

My TMNT cover

Nintendo Power #6

Is currently at Grading/Quality Control

as well

so I'm .............

Hitting Refresh, Refresh......

I don't want to annoy :fear:

It IS a copper age mag, so thought I'd add that tidbit......

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

It's not a pure guess, but I'd say that we're seeing TMNT spike because MANY things are spiking due to demand, but TMNT is one of the few where the supply is truly low.

ASM #300 has been spiking but there are 23,400 CGC slabbed copies of that book.

TMNT #1 (all four printings before 1986) plus Raphael #1 isn't even 4,000 CGC slabbed copies total. 

ya it's got to be close to that reasoning if anything. Was lucky to pick up TMNT #3 earlier this year, before hype, cause it was at the LCS. After hype TMNT #2 2nd print, before I was priced out.

I may never own a printing of #1 as my heart passes on it after the 3rd print, we'll see

Raphael was at the LCS last year but priced highish due to a little spike, I may be wrong. I wanted to wait till it came back down, no such luck; although, I did pick up TMNT adventures eastman #1 that day, so silver lining and all. I need to check to see if it's a newsstand, but it's kind of buried, been a minute and I was always waiting for a convenient Eastman signing idk

Def the first four issues in first print are very hot and limited in numbers compared to other copper age stuff. Some other notable books worth grabbing issue 4,7 second prints , Raphael 1 second print , TMNT Adventures 1 Archie , Tales of Tmnt / TMNT 4 error edition are some of my fav books in the series . Honourable mention IDW TMNT 1 cgc 9.8 is very tough book as well

These are books I love . I know there are many more I’d add to this 

2 hours ago, So-CoAddict said:

If you haven't seen it yet, Shellback Artworks recently posted to FB that they are going to be offering up some high-end books soon, all CGC graded. NYCC variant, a couple of #1 first prints, plus more.

264713939_ScreenShot2020-11-12at1_49_23PM.thumb.png.a373bd6b31f2170bf177591e5dfedf43.png

Awww man.  The NYCC Variant is gonna get the green label isn't it?  I mean it's rare enough that it won't matter to most.  I'd like to upgrade my 9.0 but I couldn't stand the green.  Lol.  I'll be curious to see what it sells for